Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Hello. It's time for year end awards for the 2019 calendar year.

Each field is marked as required. If you do not want to vote in a category, just type "n/a" or "none" or something in the field.

Please only consider performances in 2019.

https://forms.gle/KJ2JTnDkFkCwxn3eA

Categories are:

Best Overall Wrestler
Best in Matches
Best in Angles
Favorite Wrestler
Least Favorite Wrestler
Best Non-Wrestler
Worst Non-Wrestler
Best Announcer
Worst Announcer
Most Improved Wrestler
Most Improved Non-Wrestler
Best Face
Best Heel
Best Match
Worst Match
Best Show
Worst Show
Best Promotion
Worst Promotion
Most Improved Promotion
Best Feud
Worst Feud
Best Gimmick
Worst Gimmick
Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic
Best Comedy Wrestler
Best Brawler
Best Technician
Best High Flyer
Best Referee
Best on Social Media
Worst on Social Media
Best Move

Voting closes Saturday night at 7 p.m. Eastern

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If it helps, here's a link to The Best and Worst Matches of 2019 as voted on throughout the year by the subforum.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
submitted my slate but filling it out made me realize that I have managed to curate my wrestling intake to the point where I don't really hate anything I watch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Same. I could come up with worst matches and stuff, but I haven't sat through a show I didn't enjoy since KOPW 2018.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

karmicknight posted:

submitted my slate but filling it out made me realize that I have managed to curate my wrestling intake to the point where I don't really hate anything I watch.

I have had to purposefully find out bad matches to watch.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

karmicknight posted:

Same, but fortunately the WWE makes it easy to find enough stinkers to vote for.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
some of these categories are kind of head scratchers like the most improved non wrestler

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

some of these categories are kind of head scratchers like the most improved non wrestler

It's Miho Abe, who somehow improved on perfection.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm just trying out different ideas.

Speaking of - I forgot to include best move. I just added it. If you have already voted, please feel free to vote for this category by posting or PM'ing me. If you have not already voted, just use the form.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

it's the Brazilian Kick

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

Speaking of - I forgot to include best move. I just added it. If you have already voted, please feel free to vote for this category by posting or PM'ing me. If you have not already voted, just use the form.

I already voted, so Rolling Pencil (Lulu Pencil)

MathMathCalculation
Jan 1, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

Sami Zayn :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Will Ospreay's Hidden Blade elbow

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Voting: Double Foot Stomp - Riho

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

My best Move vote is for Made In Japan

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

My best Move vote is for Made In Japan

Hell yeah

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i noticed someone has been submitting stuff under other users' names, probably to vote for what they want to win. Be on the lookout

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I already voted, so Rolling Pencil (Lulu Pencil)

I also voted and I'm also voting Rolling Pencil. Lulu Pencil is great.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sticky Nate posted:

it's the Brazilian Kick
I probably won't put that in when I fill out the form, but I can respect this vote.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I voted for Hurrah! Another Year, Surely This One Will Be Better Than the Last; The Inexorable March of Progress Will Lead Us All to Happiness by ZSJ

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will be stunned if goldberg/taker doesnt sweep worst match

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

For Most Improved I voted 2007 WON Rookie Of The Year Erick Stevens, not because he was better this year than he was last year, but because he wrestled more matches this year than in 2011-2018 combined. He recently returned to wrestling after a decade long absence and was able not just to come back strong but put on my third favorite match of the year at Beyond Heavy Lies The Crown against David Starr.

I've provided his return match against Chris Dickinson at Uncharted Territory below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ7v1ruQUYc

I Before E fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 5, 2020

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Best Move is the PUUUUUMPING BOMBAAAAAAAAH~

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

another serious contender for Most Improved is Arisa Hoshiki. She returned in late 2018 after a six year break and every defense of her Wonder of Stardom belt has been good to great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i will be stunned if goldberg/taker doesnt sweep worst match

I posit that Hell in a Cell deserves it more for ruining Rollins, the Fiend and the Hell in a Cell concept. At least Taker and Goldberg don't have any current value.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Rollins was ruined looooooooong before the Fiend HIAC. Regardless, I agree that that match did nothing good for anyone or anything around it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I voted even though I don't post here much anymore. Please don't throw my ballot out because you've never heard of me.

Jericho best heel

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Nostradingus posted:

I voted even though I don't post here much anymore. Please don't throw my ballot out because you've never heard of me.

Jericho best heel

I used to not post a lot until the past year or so, and now everyone's cursed with my presence.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Voting closes Saturday night at 7 p.m. Eastern.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nostradingus posted:

Jericho best heel

Impossible in a world where KENTA exists

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hiroshi Tanahashi was the best babyface AND the best heel of 2019. Truly the one in a century talent and the Ace of the Universe.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Most Improved is Cody

From the lamest member of the Elite to five star matches and the biggest babyface main eventer in wrestling.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Impossible in a world where KENTA exists

Best heel of 2020 for sure

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Another person to consider for Most Improved is Thunder Rosa. She went from Kobra Moon to a very good pro wrestler.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

not watching the world wrestling federation anymore made all the "worsts" really tough

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I way overused "idk something from WWF probably"

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

just realised that I forgot the TERF existed and I should have voted for her as worst wrestler. Oh well

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man, I really need to get my entries in.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

Man, I really need to get my entries in.
Same. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I just voted! join me!