Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Mrs sexual finally had it with the Xmas tree being up. It’s too big, scratchy, fragile, while still being heavy and bs to store. You have to vacuum after setup AND after tear down. Wtf. Burt jr. Set it up this year and had to band aid some baleing wire and what not for some limbs. Anyone want a 15’ tree I bought 20 years ago?

What are your most hated chores/tasks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Vacuuming it's so noisy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sid Vicious posted:

Vacuuming it's so noisy

Roomba came out, then immediately went back to the dock. Noped.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Burt Sexual posted:

Roomba came out, then immediately went back to the dock. Noped.

He's like gently caress this i got better poo poo to do like recharge for instance

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cleaning out 2nd story gutters

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sid Vicious posted:

He's like gently caress this i got better poo poo to do like recharge for instance

loving liar

Fe my daughter named him

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

any and all of them

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

That's what Lightning McQueen says

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cleaning the cat's litter box. Most of my life I have had indoor/outdoor cats and then because I get into relationships end up saddled with imprisoned furballs who seem to have a knack for distributing litter all over the house The Great Escape style even though the little bastards don't even have pockets.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I like washing dishes :shrug:
It's a very meditative activity and if you ever worked as a dish washer any household load is a joke.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
anything that involves ladders

mucking out a manure pack

repairing wire fences that go over uneven ground or through woodland

painting any room that requires the use of painter's tape

weed-whacking

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
cleaning out the gutters, besides the possibility of death, it's dirty and smelly and hurts the knees

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mnoba posted:

cleaning out the gutters, besides the possibility of death, it's dirty and smelly and hurts the knees

its this. Ladders are really dangerous.
Trust me, I got my OSHA 10

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lotsa gutter issues, get some gutter guards, I got some that are over a three story drop to a concrete patio, f that noise. Never again.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

roarpower posted:

its this. Ladders are really dangerous.
Trust me, I got my OSHA 10

I had to use a ladder to get the top two pieces of the tree. No helmet, no safety harness, it’s scary.

But like real, I shake climbing up on the roof.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

I had to use a ladder to get the top two pieces of the tree. No helmet, no safety harness, it’s scary.

so does your house :boom:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Burt.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How much have you had to drink

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

cool

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Zippy the Bummer posted:

anything that involves ladders

I'm not even bad on a ladder or scared of heights, but I loving hate ladders that raise me more than 3 feet because I've worked in factories too long and watched too many OSHA videos

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrQwerty posted:

I'm not even bad on a ladder or scared of heights, but I loving hate ladders that raise me more than 3 feet because I've worked in factories too long and watched too many OSHA videos

according to OSHA ladders should be 3 feet above where you get off

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

Vacuuming it's so noisy

How often do you empty it? Mine gets super loud if I leave it too long. When it's empty it's pretty quiet though

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

roarpower posted:

according to OSHA ladders should be 3 feet above where you get off

well I'm talkin stepladders at the 3' mark, but yeah

the worst and most consistent injuries I've seen, however, come from unattended water on the floor

always clean up spills immediately

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bird with big dick posted:

How much have you had to drink

You a cop?

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrQwerty posted:

well I'm talkin stepladders at the 3' mark, but yeah

the worst and most consistent injuries I've seen, however, come from unattended water on the floor

always clean up spills immediately

that's on you man. Clean that poo poo up

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

Dusting/picking up my junk and putting it down again

Also, Burt, while you're here, how do mods figure out who permabanned users are when they rereg (so you can ban them again)? Is it their writing style, their favorite topics...?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Follow the light with just your eyes.

Okay, now stick your arms straight out and close your eyes. Now, without opening your eyes, touch your nose with your right hand. Okay, now your left.

Now recite the alphabet backwards.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Truck Stop Stall posted:

Dusting/picking up my junk and putting it down again

Also, Burt, while you're here, how do mods figure out who permabanned users are when they rereg (so you can ban them again)? Is it their writing style, their favorite topics...?

Lots of us can tell, or at least have a high probability, it’s a prior poster. Voice, aggression, troll methods, whatnot.

Then we have tools.

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Lots of us can tell, or at least have a high probability, it’s a prior poster. Voice, aggression, troll methods, whatnot.

Then we have tools.

Fascinating. Thanks.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

mod tools

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mods are tools, admins have tools.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
OK Zoomer
edit: Didn't read thread other than OP. Won't edit reply.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Colonel Cancer posted:

Cleaning out 2nd story gutters

gently caress, I just cleaned the roof of my shed and gutters on New Years and it was awful.

My house has gutter guards and I've never looked in the gutters proper. I'm like 60% sure one section of them has a hornet nest in it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
- changing seals, fixing taps. Real simple but ultimately just paying a dude with a truck full of rubber seals of all sizes is easier, albeit fuckin expensive. I just redid a bunch of leaky seals and I’m pissed about how many times I had to turn the water off and on to test seals on poo poo.

- painting. hosed. For idiots. Somehow less simple than basic plumbing tasks despite just being putting paint on a fuckin thing, wtf

- digging holes. Love every part of gardening except this. gently caress digging holes.

- cleaning the toilet. Self explanatory for the most part but this task also has an extra layer of making me wonder if my poor diet choices, despite only manifesting in bizarrely places toilet stains for the moment might kill me sooner than I expect

- church. Questionable as to if this counts as a chore but imo it does and it sucks

- jerking off. Not as good as sex, makes a mess which needs to be cleaned up aka ANOTHER CHORE

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

13Pandora13 posted:

gently caress, I just cleaned the roof of my shed and gutters on New Years and it was awful.

My house has gutter guards and I've never looked in the gutters proper. I'm like 60% sure one section of them has a hornet nest in it.

We’ve got a gas fireplace in our bedroom, and we had buzzzzzzz for a year. I had an exterminator climb a ladder.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Dealing with Christmas tree is bullshit, I gotta keep it up until Tuesday because city won't pick it up until 6am Wednesday. I gotta apparently like plastic wrap it all up and then drop it on curb and gently caress this I just wanna through it off my balcony and leave it to fate

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Burt Sexual posted:

We’ve got a gas fireplace in our bedroom, and we had buzzzzzzz for a year. I had an exterminator climb a ladder.

One of the things I specified looking for a house was that I didn't want a fireplace. It seems like a whole lot of hassle constantly for something you'll use like 3-4 times a year max (because it's such a huge hassle).

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

- changing seals, fixing taps. Real simple but ultimately just paying a dude with a truck full of rubber seals of all sizes is easier, albeit fuckin expensive. I just redid a bunch of leaky seals and I’m pissed about how many times I had to turn the water off and on to test seals on poo poo.

Man gently caress plumbing. I had a flapper leaking last week, which like...okay cheap and easy to fix. My shower head valve blew and the increased water pressure is great feeling but it makes a loving mess so that has to get fixed. The bathtub faucet knob is that disgusting plastic fake crystal builder's grade bullshit and the faceplate cracked and broke off so that should get replaced. And then Thursday my kitchen faucet started dripping (it has a lovely low-flow head loc-tite'd to the spigot that's been broken for over a year and it's finally going) so now I get to replace a loving faucet.

Using loc-tite makes you a stupid idiot jackass. Buy plumbing fixtures that are better quality than bottom tier builder's grade and install them properly and you won't need loc-tite you loving cretins.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nooner posted:

Dealing with Christmas tree is bullshit, I gotta keep it up until Tuesday because city won't pick it up until 6am Wednesday. I gotta apparently like plastic wrap it all up and then drop it on curb and gently caress this I just wanna through it off my balcony and leave it to fate

I can burn real ones anytime of the year lol obviously I don’t.

13Pandora13 posted:

One of the things I specified looking for a house was that I didn't want a fireplace. It seems like a whole lot of hassle constantly for something you'll use like 3-4 times a year max (because it's such a huge hassle).

Man gently caress plumbing. I had a flapper leaking last week, which like...okay cheap and easy to fix. My shower head valve blew and the increased water pressure is great feeling but it makes a loving mess so that has to get fixed. The bathtub faucet knob is that disgusting plastic fake crystal builder's grade bullshit and the faceplate cracked and broke off so that should get replaced. And then Thursday my kitchen faucet started dripping (it has a lovely low-flow head loc-tite'd to the spigot that's been broken for over a year and it's finally going) so now I get to replace a loving faucet.

Using loc-tite makes you a stupid idiot jackass. Buy plumbing fixtures that are better quality than bottom tier builder's grade and install them properly and you won't need loc-tite you loving cretins.

I had a low emission California approved locking door wood fireplace installed in the basement. It cold here. The other two are natural gas and low emissions as well. We never run most, just the basement during winter.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

I can burn real ones anytime of the year lol obviously I don’t.

I had a low emission California approved locking door wood fireplace installed in the basement. It cold here. The other two are natural gas and low emissions as well. We never run most, just the basement during winter.

put on a sweatshirt you idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

roarpower posted:

put on a sweatshirt you idiots

It’s on and 59 down here, I don’t want to wear mittens