Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Monathin posted:

Also I missed a 'no less than' in my op, but I'll stated again for those who jumped down anyway:

Have three people you're suspicious of by no less than 12 hours before deadline. This moves worked well in KB's thread in Shine V and I am going to support it here unequivocally. It makes it easier to consolidate votes and move them as needed, instead of last-second scrambles.

here is my list of people I'm suspicious of

max
pod
bif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I also don't know how much workday shitposting I can do in this game, as my new job starts tomorrow and they might even have somethingawful or discord blocked!

it's okay I'll probably be able to change that

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Monathin posted:

Good list, I'm proud of you Solus.

amending list:

max
pod
bif
mona

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also fuckin' lol the other thread is five pages long

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Podima posted:

and it's all poo poo, op

don't I know it, it's entertaining to watch steak flail

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Don't mind me just warming up my vig finger over here.....

(I'm j/k I don't have a vig or fingers)

did you vig your fingers off

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

shut up solus

I will not

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

If by vig you mean bandsaw in shop class then yes I did :(

here we see the downsides of the tactic known as "shopping around"

(also are you for serious, because if so goddamn)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Podima posted:

This is extremely good and I may pick it up, much faster to type than "execute" tbh.

now I get to make axecution jokes so I'm down with this

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bernstrike posted:

Oh wow Anidav is in the bad thread haha

the one useful thing I got from the bad thread is that toalpaz is an advisor

dear scum in the other thread, pls to kill toalpaz

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

xiw posted:

Do we know anything about scum's communication abilities? Can they pass combat information back to the other side or is it just about them getting information for targetting kills?

They can't send messages to the other faction's leader, but they can get information from that faction's leader.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Was that in the rules or where did you see that?

It's a bit thinner than I remembered, apparently, but this implies to me at least that scum can't communicate back to the captains.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

It's a bit thinner than I remembered, apparently, but this implies to me at least that scum can't communicate back to the captains.

oh also that's a quote from #pregame-chat not my confessional WEW

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

i'll fuckin' fight you

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

So it's speculation more than fact?

SalTheBard posted:

Hmmm. Right now going to ##vote solus. You seemed very confident saying it, but now are trying to back track. This is not to say I won't change my mind later.

man sal you're goin' hard on this one

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

This was (and currently is) my line of thinking too. If pod, or any of a number of players had popped off w/ that info I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but it seemed weird coming from Solus (who, as far as I know, has never played a Solider game before).

I obsessively read OPs and pregame chats for anything that might help me.

Also it's 'soldier'. :argh:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bernstrike posted:

Usurping this discussion: why would town players be so concerned with how scums communicate?

ask xiw :shrug:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

sal you flip back on this one super easy yo

I'm not feeling that you're pushing back on sal's retraction in good faith

##vote beet

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

well sal is one of the three on my list from this. i'm not sure what else you're expecting me to do?

don't really have something "else" for you to do, but it feels like you're trying to manufacture something scummy from sal where there isn't anything

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Monathin posted:

I am actually going to circle back to this, because it does worry me a tiny bit. I don't mind being the slower thread, but I do want to make sure there's enough posting contributions that we can do our due diligence and suss out the scum.

So here are two questions to pad your postcount a bit and give people some fat to chew on.

1. If you had the ability to n0 cop anyone in our game, and have known their alignment before knowing anything else, who would you choose, and why?

2. While I would like to keep chat about combat stats to a mininum, as it is the easiest way for scum to know who best to target, I must ask: if younwere in combat, would you prefer the vanguard or the rearguard? Do not make any hints about your combat affinity, desire for combat, or otherwise anything that may further out your role. Merely state your row preference.

1. Max. His style of "prod the other person with questions so as to give them enough rope to hang themselves" I have found very difficult to figure out if he's town or scum. I'd rather just know outright instead of having to wonder about whether this is town Max actually trying to figure things out or scum Max trying to set someone up for a fall and not looking like they were involved in it at all.

2. Rearguard.

(more to come re: me and responses, but I wanted this to be a separate post for ease of reading/spreadsheeting)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

and who should have been doing the convincing?

Ideally, I'd hoped someone else would have chimed in on it before I went to bed. I find I have a tendency to get stuck in in a D1 argument to my detriment, and I'm not interested in doing that this time around.

hambeet posted:

but solus has not posted in the thread since i responded to them? do you think there really has been that opportunity?

He's right you know, I don't fault beet for not arguing the point more. I do find it odd, however, given how verbose he normally is despite being new.

Max posted:

I personally also want Solus to return and continue that argument with beet.

So Max, how do you feel about how beet seems from that argument? I'll continue it. I want you to put your position down on the table and tell me how you really feel, though. Because I'm not interested in letting you snipe from outside arguments and fly under the radar, as much as I can.

Anyway, if I had to rank a top three, it's:

1. beet
2. nep
3. max

Why nep? The fact that he stood pretty fast on the fact that he was voting tithin, on a platform of that they were basically pro-playing mafia instead of speculating on mechanics.

Finally I see a lot of calls for my posting but you fuckers I have to sleep and work for like two thirds of the day, and newjob currently does not afford opportunities to shitpost while I'm at work. Perhaps it will starting next week, but we'll see. Chillax.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

anyway I'm sure I hosed up my reading because I just read seven pages in short order so let me know what scumslips I've made

by the way, I seem to have forgotten my D1 lucky charm so let me get that out of the way:

i'm scum

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

Also what about anything else that's happened this game day stands out to you?

MMT's callout of Sal without any response from Sal.

While I still think Sal's likely town, I'm very interested in his response. It's not an either-or thing for him and beet being scum, too. I'm perfectly willing to say I have a poo poo scumdar.

xiw and tithin's interactions. I think tithin is coming from a townie place with "play mafia goddamnit" and xiw continuing to go after him is interesting and honestly now I might want to put him in my top three instead of you.

Lastly I read this back and I want to bring this back around:

SalTheBard posted:

2. In theory I can do either row, but am way more effective in front

This is... actually pretty against the spirit of Mona's asking that question. Sal has thrown out a decent bit of info here. Is it because he's not worried about being NK'd?

Now I'm wondering if I should swap Sal and beet, despite saying it's not an either-or thing.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

Just an aside but she, please

poo poo I'm even normally pretty good about going with a they if I don't 100% know, my apologies

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Am I going off on a weird tangent with Sal's answer to Mona's question? It's making me really think he's scummy but I want someone to tell me if I'm being wildly offbase and homing in on a small thing that doesn't actually matter.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

tithin posted:

Minor niggling point - beet is not new to mafia at all.

I know, I did say "how verbose he normally is" but I think I might have been a bit subtle.

Thank you for pointing it out in case I truly did miss it though, I (actually genuinely) do appreciate it!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

tithin posted:

I don't have a "solid" 3 scummy players in my view yet.

1. IcePhoenix, for reasons I've already mentioned. Subsequent posting has not helped assuage my concern further.

2&3. I'm concerned about Beet and Bird because they are being extraordinarily chummier than normal, with the pair of them handing off talking points like passing a baton between them. It seems well coordinated but that could just be because they're good friends. I've got my eye on them.

4. Max is kinda playing puppet master a bit but it's a null tell for me on the grounds that it's helping to generate a bit of content that and I don't know how Max typically plays.

Other than that there's just not a lot there because a good chunk of players still aren't contributing yet.

Regarding 4, that is how Max normally plays.

Both when he's town AND scum.

Other person I'd recommend you specifically watch out for, because I know I'm going to: Pod. He's very helpful. And seems like he has good reads. And especially then, most of all, is when he's scum.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Sal's immediate response was to call MMT townie. Does that change anything for you here?

Also, what's your opinion of Xiw's other posts aside from their interactions from tithin? (I agree with you about tithin.)

Yes. It makes me even more suspicious of Sal.

Can't really remember much offhand about xiw other than them being the original asker of questions re:scum communications, which I'd call a nulltell. I'd have to read them a bit deeper, especially since I'd have put them in my top three and I'm struggling to remember something about them.

I'll reorder it for now then since I'm phone posting and am tired and not rereading xiw until tomorrow realtime:

1. Nep (perhaps it's just brainworms from bif but people defending me early aren't generally doing it out of the goodness of their hearts- they're using my crap arguments as a springboard, and town doesn't need friends, so I'm automatically on edge)
2. Sal (seriously am I going off in a stupid tinfoil manner)
3. Max or possibly still beet- but this is significantly less so than the first two.

##vote nep accordingly.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Monathin posted:

Glad to have you, AA.

Anyway, reminder to trim your suspect losts within the next few hours, or sooner if you need to for various tinezone reasons.

I am just leaving work so I'll check back in this thread shortly. But questions for Solus and AA.

AA: I respect your opinion of calling my n0 cop question bunk, but since you were the only one who really objected, can you elaborate?

Solus: Pod beat me to the punch, but Hal and Irony both revealed detail in line with Sal's, in that they revealed more than what I asked for. Does this register as suspect for them as it does for Sal?

Yes, it does, and I missed it. I'd put Half above Max for it.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Okay now I'm caught up

Irony's posting about not wanting to have a town die too ignores the fact that trading town for scum 1 to 1 is a fantastic ratio and I'll take it all day.

I haven't played soldiers before and we have 21 people. xiw is willing to die to get irony axed. If xiw is scum gambiting, all the better, but I don't think they are.

I likely won't be around for deadline but I'd prefer irony over hats, I'm always willing to metaphorically vote an uncountered claimed doc, so:

##vote irony be my shield

Also you fuckers I told you I can't post as much as I normally do due to new job preventing shitposting on the clock or do you keep conveniently forgetting that, Max beet and sal? goddamn

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Admittedly I want to make it clear that I'm cooling on sal because of meta reasons, so I'll update my top three to:

1: Nep
2: Irony
3: Max/Hal

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Podima posted:

Can you expand briefly on those meta reasons, please?

Sal is reacting like he has been every time I've started a D1 slapfight with him, and all those times he's been town. I'm not saying I'm confirming him as town in my book, but he's not currently a good D1 scumread and pushing him would be a stupid distraction this close to deadline, given that a noex would give snooze the choice of kill.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

plus I don't want to get dayvigged by sal again tbh

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't know who realsies is

emperor of the fourth stimpire, praise be unto crobberts

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

nooooo birb why

So I just want to make something clear that a lot of people won't immediately think since the natural reaction is to ease off hats because irony was scum- I think we may have just had two scum up. Remember that hats wanted to vote xiw over irony before it very clearly became a two-candidate execution.

I'm extremely suspicious of hats and today they'd top my list.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

What makes you suspicious of Hats? You didn't mention him at all on d1.

Is there a specific post(s) from Pod that makes you suspicious in this game in particular?

For Hats: Talking with my masonbud about him overnight.

For Pod: No, not particularly, but he falls into the same category of "hard to read" for me, like Max does.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Monathin posted:

So, with new battleground comes new considerations, and I want to post this to get thoughts in order for the next battlefield.

Please quote this post and respond if you would be meaningfully effected by our next battlefield, which, as a reminder, is a small penalty to all ranged attacks. Do not respond to this post if this does not apply to you.

I would be meaningfully affected.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Finally, my power is out due to an ice storm, and I didn't charge my phone prior to that. So I won't be around or catching up until power is restored, as I don't want to run my phone down for this more than I already have.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

top three right now are:

1. AA- your posting makes it sound like you forgot the specifics of, and overestimated the intensity of, your bus of Irony when you had a chance. I think you tried to look back on your bus for cred and have been called out on it. I also think your push of binus is insincere- I want to see more actual reasoning for reads instead of, well, poo poo buried in large timestamp infodump posts.

2. ASF. "pls read me specific person, not other people" what

what

come on now, really

also, your response to IP when he called you out on that is very, very weak and is more a snappy comeback instead of an actual defense or reasoning.

Pod asked you about your views on Max and you went on a ramble instead of actually giving a read:

quote:

Max spent a lot of time on the Sal/Solus thing early D1. Okay...... ? I don't really know why, it didn't seem like relitigating it was going to cause more content when one of the people were'nt really present, but this game has been "I need to reread" [6 hours later] "Okay I reread" [12 seconds later] "gently caress I forgot about timestamps!", so I don't think it was that weird overall. On the other hand, Max voting hats at all was just so loving... I get it, it generates content, you can get responses blah blah. But I super hate when its done really close to deadline where it can cause a mislynch/bus chance/muddy the waters. Lets just do the thing instead of waiting until literally the last 5 minutes??? This feels scummy on its own for me because would the chance of mislynch be worth it for whatever hats posted? not for town. but probably for scum. (regardless of flip results I mean).

I also think it's very interesting that you're invested in having a town read of Pod and, more suspiciously, making sure he knows about it. You don't need to make him your friend by having favorable reads on him, and I think you're trying to get him to reciprocate your town "read".

3. Nep, still.

I have a question:

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't want to be too specific here because I don't see benefit to revealing who I'm in a masonry with, but part of it is that if Hats flipped scum I would have felt very confident in the towniness of my masonry partner based on our private interactions.

Conversely, if Hats were to flip town, would you think your masonbud is scum? Also, if Hats flipped scum regardless, would your masonbud's results (I assume) be reasonable to think that they could be fabricated with scum assistance?

--

Anyway somebody asked for reads on peoples' masonbuds, so let me give mine:

I know my masonbud is town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

gently caress did I just write ASF for my number 2 when I meant GGN

I did, rip