Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfh4JuzYNpM

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so was the second one

and the third one

but not the fourth one

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

First Bleach OP is alright.

The second, seventh, eleventh, and thirteenth OPs are loving awesome and easily the best ones in the series.

The fourth one is the worst by far.

The tenth one is............ special.

The rest are good but not, like, amazing or anything...... except maybe the last one, which I never saw because Adult Swim never showed it.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 5, 2020

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

First Bleach OP was easily the best and Bleach was by far the best of the big three until the end of Soul Society.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the op by kung fu generation is the worst op because it lulls you into thinking hueco mundo is gonna be the coolest poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvahxFH7IGg

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Stairmaster posted:

the op by kung fu generation is the worst op

LIES!!!!!

LIES FROM THE WOLF!!!!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The second OP is good but shows fights that would've owned but never happened so I can't forgive it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its criminal levels of false advertising is what im saying

e: chad vs soifon would have probably been better from a narrative standpoint than what happened since it would have built heat for her fight later in that arc. except for the part where she'd have probably killed him

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 5, 2020

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I forgot how hilarious opening 10 was.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
All of Bleach's OPs are good to great.

Except Opening 10. ShojoS itself is an okay song, but it's not a good fit for Bleach, and the opening itself is super lazy and feels like it's bursting with a weirdly sexual tension.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I can’t bring myself to hate the tenth OP.

It’s just so magically stupid and weird. :allears:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

I can’t bring myself to hate the tenth OP.

It’s just so magically stupid and weird. :allears:

:allears: Mayuri :allears:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I really like the first ED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y93jQHagcM0

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:same:

A lot of good EDs in general too. For all its faults, BLEACH had a high quality OST.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Please post the real version next time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5WiR87iWGM

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Julias posted:

:same:

A lot of good EDs in general too. For all its faults, BLEACH had a high quality OST.

This song in particular still holds up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Fmzs4ex8s

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

That particular shot is something, alright. Dick Sword.

I love Mayuri and I’m not entirely sure why. I wish Kubo would do a Bleach spinoff where Mayuri is one of the most major supporting characters and the MC fucks with him constantly and he’s not always Mr. Always-Prepared-For-Everything and he actually gets some comeuppance for being Mayuri every now and then.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 5, 2020

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mayuri is cool but when he's the protagonist he's extremely bad.

Also yeah, OP 1 is very good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mayuri is a horrible monster who never faced any consequences for any of his many, many crimes. the convert former enemies into allies bit really did not work for him, because even when he had other villains to fight he was always by far the worst of the two. even the nastiest of them was just mayuri-lite.

bleach was a very strange manga, but the anime sure did have some good ops.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Opening 13 was pretty cool tbh and I am also really partial to the 8th one for some reason. The song and visuals pair really well I guess.

First was best though

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Every now and then I listen to some of the tracks in the third OST to get my fill of that delicious flamenco guitar.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Kubo had a real sense of flairand modern style that shows up in those early OP and writing doofuses so I think the manga would have been infinitely better if the Souls Society never happened and it was just Strawberry and his weird townie friends getting ghost fighting powers and maybe they help that weird drug store owner when the ghost cops show up lookin for him.

Tatsuki got robbed is what I'm saying. They built her up as this kick boxer lady who was slowly being able to interact with hollows (Didn't she like bite one when it attacked Orihime at some point?) and she just gets forgotten.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
whichever one had orihime and rukia dancing was good

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Bleach was cool until it wasn't, and it's just so profoundly clear that he never had the thread again after Soul Society. He introduced a million new characters and proceeded to forget about the old ones, a process he'd repeat again and again before the end. We went from like a dozen characters to like 70 to like 140 to 200 arc to arc. Man needed to calm his tits. Ah well, the cool stuff doesn't stop being cool just because it was a trainwreck.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endorph posted:

whichever one had orihime and rukia dancing was good

I feel like it also had Rangiku. Did I make that up? Maybe.

Mulva posted:

Bleach was cool until it wasn't, and it's just so profoundly clear that he never had the thread again after Soul Society. He introduced a million new characters and proceeded to forget about the old ones, a process he'd repeat again and again before the end. We went from like a dozen characters to like 70 to like 140 to 200 arc to arc. Man needed to calm his tits. Ah well, the cool stuff doesn't stop being cool just because it was a trainwreck.

Apparently there was a very adversarial relationship with Tite's editor going on. It's hard to say how much was Kubo.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Kubo had a real sense of flairand modern style that shows up in those early OP and writing doofuses so I think the manga would have been infinitely better if the Souls Society never happened and it was just Strawberry and his weird townie friends getting ghost fighting powers and maybe they help that weird drug store owner when the ghost cops show up lookin for him.

Tatsuki got robbed is what I'm saying. They built her up as this kick boxer lady who was slowly being able to interact with hollows (Didn't she like bite one when it attacked Orihime at some point?) and she just gets forgotten.

I had *hopes* for the Fullbring arc. I thought it was gonna be Kubo doing a Town-based Arc with a depowered Ichigo and friends doing stuff together in a way that'd write the rest of the Town cast back into the story. (Since the Fake Karakura Town arc even had those brief asides to the Ichigo's schoolfriends that indicated Kubo hadn't exactly forgetten about them even if they weren't really doing much.)

Alas, it was not to be.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah the Fullbring arc could've been a good reset point, and the whole atmosphere at the beginning with this random dude who had inserted himself in their entire history but only Ichigo was aware of what was off was good. It would be interesting to know how much of the faults of Bleach are Kubo vs the editors. I'm sure neither are blameless.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dawgstar posted:

That was OP 10, and yes it has Rangiku too, but she doesn't dance and just shows up at the end to Charlie's Angel's pose with Rukia and Orihime.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

chumbler posted:

Yeah the Fullbring arc could've been a good reset point, and the whole atmosphere at the beginning with this random dude who had inserted himself in their entire history but only Ichigo was aware of what was off was good. It would be interesting to know how much of the faults of Bleach are Kubo vs the editors. I'm sure neither are blameless.

If the editor was responsible for Ichigo and friends teaming up with the evil authoritarian soul society like I heard, then the blame is solely on them. That is what killed the series.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Bleach had a great soundtrack but the anime had awful pacing where many episodes even in early soul society would have long recaps and many slow pans across a static shot of the environment, or two characters pausing from a fight to breathe heavily.

ShoujoS is great gently caress the haters.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Can we also talk about the OST and how Number One is the best thing the show produced.

Like goddamn when that comes on you know something cool is going down. Then they just stopped using it after the soul society arc.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dawgstar posted:

No, Rangiku was there too, but she didn’t do anything except stand there with her shirt open showing off her cleavage. So, pretty much doing the same thing she always does. :v:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The Bount arc had a good opening in a fantastic case of bait and switch.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fabricated posted:

The Bount arc had a good opening in a fantastic case of bait and switch.

loving love MY PACE.

Back before anyone knew the lyrics everyone was always confused as to whether it was MY SPACE or MY FACE or MY PACE.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What the, it was ALL FAILS and not OH FRIENDS????????????????????

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
the ops seem to have way more love for the characters than the show/manga ever did, what did chad ever did besides having a cool sleeve even if he had some potential as a character?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Asuron posted:

Can we also talk about the OST and how Number One is the best thing the show produced.

Like goddamn when that comes on you know something cool is going down. Then they just stopped using it after the soul society arc.

It's hard to use it again when it was used to utter perfection on one occassion. Remember when it instantly stops playing after Aizen stops Ichigo's bankai with one finger?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Honest Thief posted:

the ops seem to have way more love for the characters than the show/manga ever did, what did chad ever did besides having a cool sleeve even if he had some potential as a character?

He got some good fights before he completely stopped being relevant.

drat, remember when the Fullbring arc was going to focus on Chad and Orihime?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPyK1J6PnF4 The second ED was fantastic and nothing hits me faster with nostalgia for this bad sword ghost series even if it’s just a loop of Rukia walking from a weird angle for 50% of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Jw11o9hrk

Ending 8 was really cute and silly too

The staff really loves Rukia