Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Thoren posted:

Haha wait what the gently caress? The Soul King was Ywack's dad? How did I never notice this?

Because it was never stated in the manga, only post-manga supplementary material if I recall correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Ywach mentions it in the manga too, but I think just once or twice. Nothing really comes of it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
He talked about how "Quincy blood can not tolerate the Soul King's existence" when Ichigo cut the King in half after grabbing Ywach's sword.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
WELP

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1240185003964694528?s=19

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Anime adaption could be metal as gently caress with some of the stuff that happens....and maybe they'll fix some things?

I did not see Burn the Witch coming. The one shot didn't get me that interested, though it's going to be amusing to see if they acknowledge the Soul King.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Always bet on Kubo. :smug:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Oh wow. I'm oddly excited for that

Edit:. What is Burn the Witch?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Mar 18, 2020

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yes let's adopt the worst part of Bleach?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Oh wow. I'm oddly excited for that

Edit:. What is Burn the Witch?

A one-shot spinoff about Soul Society in the UK. Also a Radiohead song?

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/burn-the-witch/en/0/0/page/1

Mulderman posted:

They already adapted Bleach friend.

Kild fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 18, 2020

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Mulderman posted:

Too late for that. And really, a fixed episode run with a defined runtime might give the studio a chance to try and solve some of the pacing problems.

I’m more interested in what BTW is going to be like .

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did they say who's doing the Blood War adaptation?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Hmm on the one hand the worst part of Blood War was how long everything dragged on. On the other hand is everything else that was bad about it.

But you know what this means ANOTHER BLEACH OST :dance:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

TheHan posted:

Hmm on the one hand the worst part of Blood War was how long everything dragged on. On the other hand is everything else that was bad about it.

But you know what this means ANOTHER BLEACH OST :dance:

I think we get at least 3. One for the first Soul Society attack, one for the 2nd attack and then one after Soul King dies.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did they say who's doing the Blood War adaptation?

That and if they're bringing back the same composer or not.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hell yeah, pump it straight into my veins.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lol well dang. At least maybe an anime adaptation would be a second chance for Kubo to revisit some of the worst aspects of the arc? Oh who am I kidding it's probably going to be a low budget Studio Pierrot cashgrab.

BtW could be great if Kubo can actually manage keep the focus on goofy ghost hijinks this time around and not let it devolve into generic anime sword fights.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Yeah the only way I'm watching this is if it has a budget. None of that Studio Pierrot filler arc bullshit.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
more excited for the burn the witch adaptation

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This cash cow is malnourished and ill, but it ain't dry yet!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Please don't do another weekly manga Kubo.....

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

MoaM posted:

more excited for the burn the witch adaptation

That one shot did the opposite of instill confidence for me. Maybe like a lotta manga it’ll have drastically changed from the initial pitch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kubo says that Burn the Witch is going to be a short-term serialization, so it's probably planned to be a couple volumes long at the most.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but is he gonna have those girls kiss

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
How to make BtW good:

1. More badass lesbian protagonists
2. Less unfunny horny sidekick guys

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm kinda curious since they don't have the excuse of stretching things out forever so they don't overtake the manga, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

cant wait for the sternritter soundtrack thats just tubas and accordions going oom pah pah oom pah pah

who am I kidding they'll just spruce up the Horst Wessel Lied

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'll be there day 1 when the new anime releases to watch the opening, then I'll resume whatever else I was doing

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I legit want Number One to make its triumph comeback from the grave since Aizen killed it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gologle posted:

I legit want Number One to make its triumph comeback from the grave since Aizen killed it.

Only if Ywach kills it again.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Number one starts playing when Ichigo unveils his final form or whatever and stops when Ywach snaps his sword

Its like poetry, it rhymes

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Who's hyped for the animated version of Chad beating up a bunch of living statues as his final fight in the series?!?!?!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
We might get to see him boxing when the epilogue gets animated!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I dropped the Bleach manga at the end Fullbringer arc, but you guys are making this arc sound so trashy I'm going to have to actually watch this now.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

HerraS posted:

cant wait for the sternritter soundtrack thats just tubas and accordions going oom pah pah oom pah pah

who am I kidding they'll just spruce up the Horst Wessel Lied

An die Freude!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's not trashy in an interesting way though, it's just boring fights that take place in increasingly-large white voids.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

SalTheBard posted:

I think we get at least 3. One for the first Soul Society attack, one for the 2nd attack and then one after Soul King dies.

I'm not convinced they won't scrunch the whole thing into a 12-24 episode season. I think you pretty easily could.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Gologle posted:

Mariachi cover for Masque de Masculine

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
this thread resurrected the Bleach anime prove me wrong

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Pyrus Malus posted:

this thread resurrected the Bleach anime prove me wrong

Does saying "you're wrong" really loudly count as proof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Darth TNT posted:

Does saying "you're wrong" really loudly count as proof?

Only if you appear behind him suddenly in a white void and whisper it into his ear. Then spent 5 minutes explaining how you appeared there.