Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Still doesn't excuse Ichigo standing there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shadowlyger posted:

I kinda figured the guy capable of making illusions may have been blocking them from hearing him until that moment.

I think its actually directly stated that Ichigo was trying to contact them. I also assumed he didn't want to get involved because then he'd also be under Aizen's hynposis.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

HerraS posted:

whatever the gently caress his health was at the time there was zero loving excuse for owl dude to come back from the dead like three loving times to waste everyones goddamn time

Or the fight against Thor that had something like a half dozen people enter the fight at various points to "finish" him, but then surprise nope he's still alive!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there was no particular reason why ichigo didn't have those things. there were a lot of issues he could have cared deeply about, causes he could have taken up, vendettas to pursue. but nah, instead we got a dude with the memory of a goldfish who only reacted to whatever was happening right in front of him.

Ichigo is probably a better dad than Goku, though.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TheHan posted:

You could maybe excuse it the first time he did it since he didn’t think Aizen was so OP that he could reverse all his muscle memory on the fly, but that Shinji did it AGAIN against the bomb Sternritter was inexcusable.

To be fair, reversing the directions against the girl that can nuke in every direction at once wouldn't have made him any good. The only way Shinji's power would have been useful is if he moved in for the kill immediately before the girl realised what was going on and decided to nuke every direction.

But that's not how shonen works

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

shinjis bankai would have been more useful because that would have given her more targets to blow up instead of him.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
His bankai kinda sucks unless he's on his own vs multiple opponents. Any other scenario and it either does nothing or forces him to fight his allies instead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sydin posted:

His bankai kinda sucks unless he's on his own vs multiple opponents. Any other scenario and it either does nothing or forces him to fight his allies instead.

yeah but I don't think it actually affects captain level opponents due to reiatsu. the red shirt shinigami seem a lot weaker than red shirt quincy so it would have worked out in his favor

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
He just woulda explained how it works anyways and the sternritter would’ve realized they just have to attack the people they see as friends.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The world really needs an annotated/directors commentary version of bleach even if 90% of it is just kubo saying "I was black out stoned during this part"

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

RealFoxy posted:

The most unintentionally funny part of Bleach was when all the captains took turns stabbing Momo and he just stood at the side in shock that the bad guy who uses illusions was tricking people into stabbing some harmless girl instead of trying to stop it as both one of the fastest and physically strongest people in the story at that point.

He just stood there and said "Guys.....guys...what are you doing.....?"

Nevermind that I had to check who Momo was because I confused her with Nemu, when did that happen? I recall Momo getting stabbed often but not this particular situation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Stairmaster posted:

The world really needs an annotated/directors commentary version of bleach even if 90% of it is just kubo saying "I was black out stoned during this part"

Oh, so the King's Memories arc of Yu-Gi-Oh

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Burn the Witch's second trailer is up, now that the manga is through what's in it.

https://youtu.be/VnQZcum2se4

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
That trailer reminded me about how Nina’s out of nowhere speech about magic sounded like complete gibberish, was that supposed to be a joke or unironically cool.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

macabresca posted:

Nevermind that I had to check who Momo was because I confused her with Nemu, when did that happen? I recall Momo getting stabbed often but not this particular situation

It was in fake Karakura town against Aizen. After all the Espada were down, and it was literally just Aizen(and Gin standing off screen)

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

It was in fake Karakura town against Aizen. After all the Espada were down, and it was literally just Aizen(and Gin standing off screen)

I still don't remember it at all, lol. I tend to remember the most trivial scenes from shows I watched

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I remember it from the manga because it's Momo who effectively gets stabbed by Aizen again. It's bleakly hilarious.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

macabresca posted:

I still don't remember it at all, lol. I tend to remember the most trivial scenes from shows I watched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzybaQVAazw

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Soul Society's #1 Sword Sheath / Pincushion

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I had always assumed it all happened in an instant, after all, it was meant to catch even Aizen off-guard. Still, it was pretty hilarious.

Also, Kyoraku is supposed to be the new Commander-General, but he get so easily taken out, lol.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In Soul Society they set their watches by whenever someone stabs Momo by mistake.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The sequence is cool but doesn't make sense. In the manga Soi Fon uses her 2 hit kill attack on Aizen but the 2nd hit doesn't land because SPIRIT PRESSURE. But then it turns out it was Momo the whole time.

In the anime they kinda fixed it by having MomoAizen grab Soifon's arm and stop her before she can get the 2nd hit in...while keeping the whole SPIRIT PRESSURE mumbo jumbo speech intact

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

lezard_valeth posted:

The sequence is cool but doesn't make sense. In the manga Soi Fon uses her 2 hit kill attack on Aizen but the 2nd hit doesn't land because SPIRIT PRESSURE. But then it turns out it was Momo the whole time.
I read that scene in the Manga as Aizen switching himself out for Momo at some point in between those attacks and the stab?

It made his power seem really scary because you could never be sure when you're suddenly killing an ally, in addition to all the other bullshit it could do.

Then of course in the final Ichigo v Aizen battle was just a dumb dick spirit pressure measuring contest where his power didn't even come into play at all.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you know it would have been way cooler if aizen had just no sold soifons poison by using reiatsu to keep the blade from actually penetrating him or something.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

The scene doesn’t require it to be Momo they’re fighting the whole time, personally I figured Aizen swapped her in when Toshiro stepped up to fight him.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

really aizen should have had a power that was a lot more limited and situational and a lot less OP.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I blame this thread for YT recommending me all the Bleach OPs now, as well as a few thumbnails tastefully showing off Harribel's gagongazas.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's very clear that kubo couldn't think of a plausible way for ichigo to beat aizen. the manga tried a few times to hype up ichigo as being the only one who could fight aizen for some reason or another, but that was never actually true. even when aizen abandoned his functionally invincible illusions to become a beautiful butterfly ichigo still couldn't beat him.

however, it actually made sense that the only person aizen was wary of was yamamoto. a wide area indiscriminate attack with sufficient oomph from someone who didn't particularly care if they killed all their allies was a hard counter for illusions.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's very clear that kubo couldn't think of a plausible way for ichigo to beat aizen. the manga tried a few times to hype up ichigo as being the only one who could fight aizen for some reason or another, but that was never actually true. even when aizen abandoned his functionally invincible illusions to become a beautiful butterfly ichigo still couldn't beat him.

however, it actually made sense that the only person aizen was wary of was yamamoto. a wide area indiscriminate attack with sufficient oomph from someone who didn't particularly care if they killed all their allies was a hard counter for illusions.

It would have made perfect sense if Kubo had kept the really early stuff about Ichigo being a prodigy at detecting reiatsu instead of going "shonen protagonist, therefore must be dumb and insensitive."

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ostensibly, Ichigo's advantage is that he had never seen Aizen release his shikai, so he wasn't affected by Aizen's absolute sensory manipulation. My problem with that is that...what was stopping Aizen from just deactivating his shikai and then reactivating it again with Ichigo in the vicinity???

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gologle posted:

Ostensibly, Ichigo's advantage is that he had never seen Aizen release his shikai, so he wasn't affected by Aizen's absolute sensory manipulation. My problem with that is that...what was stopping Aizen from just deactivating his shikai and then reactivating it again with Ichigo in the vicinity???
The only explanation I can gather is he was banking on having pretty much every Captain, Vice Captain, and Vizard under his hypnosis was a lot more useful than having Ichigo under it

Which would've made sense if almost every captain, vice captain, and vizard hadn't already been there too, but beyond that there were only a handful of people he was even weary of to begin with

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was aizen's one weakness, and he not only didn't care, but he was right to not care

years later, that poo poo's still hilarious

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I liked how the entire Hueco Muendo thing was a giant ruse set up for no other reason than to be a gauntlet for Ichigo to power up on, and to trap Kenpatchi. Because I guess Aizen was aware of Kenpatchi's deal and was wary of fighting him? Which makes no sense for a number of reasons, the foremost being perfect illusions which could have had Kenpatchi fighting a brick wall - or hell, the other captains - while Aizen laughed from the sidelines.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Gologle posted:

Absolute Hypnosis only worked on people who watched and listened to the entire release ritual. It had a long enough incantation to make the other Captains think Aizen was showing them his full bankai.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Sydin posted:

I liked how the entire Hueco Muendo thing was a giant ruse set up for no other reason than to be a gauntlet for Ichigo to power up on, and to trap Kenpatchi. Because I guess Aizen was aware of Kenpatchi's deal and was wary of fighting him? Which makes no sense for a number of reasons, the foremost being perfect illusions which could have had Kenpatchi fighting a brick wall - or hell, the other captains - while Aizen laughed from the sidelines.

Aizen knew he didn’t stand a chance against captains so popular.

The sole exception was Hitsugaya, who couldn’t win a fight against water in a snowstorm.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Schubalts posted:

Absolute Hypnosis only worked on people who watched and listened to the entire release ritual. It had a long enough incantation to make the other Captains think Aizen was showing them his full bankai.

Which starts to really break down because while it's plausible he showed all the captains and vice captains, there's no way he's sat down every single shinigami to the lowliest grunt and made them watch the entire long ritual. So you'd think there'd at least be a handful of people who saw everybody freaking out of Aizen's "body" and gone "uh guys what is everybody's problem, there's literally nothing there?" or at least one person who might have gone up to Shinji and asked him what the gently caress was up with the weird bald guy he's had following him for a month, and where Vice Captain Aizen went?

TheHan posted:

The sole exception was Hitsugaya, who couldn’t win a fight against water in a snowstorm.

Hey now that's not fair, he beat the literal child who had the video game power from Yu Yu Hakusho but worse.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Bleach:

Sydin posted:

Yu Yu Hakusho but worse.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sydin posted:

Which starts to really break down because while it's plausible he showed all the captains and vice captains, there's no way he's sat down every single shinigami to the lowliest grunt and made them watch the entire long ritual. So you'd think there'd at least be a handful of people who saw everybody freaking out of Aizen's "body" and gone "uh guys what is everybody's problem, there's literally nothing there?" or at least one person who might have gone up to Shinji and asked him what the gently caress was up with the weird bald guy he's had following him for a month, and where Vice Captain Aizen went?

Oh well ... Aizen taught the classes at the shinigami academy, and was very insistent that he be the one to show off how a bankai works, and they let him do it since he's such a kind and helpful teacher

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Remembering how funny the Ichigo v Aizen fight was when Ichigo went "Actually, that was me creating mountains from the shockwaves, not you" or some poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Tunicate posted:

Oh well ... Aizen taught the classes at the shinigami academy, and was very insistent that he be the one to show off how a bankai works, and they let him do it since he's such a kind and helpful teacher

Aizen had the highest viewed channel on Soultube where he would just livestream his shikai release daily.