Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The first Bleach OP was indeed good. It was also the only one I watched. I just kind of fell off before it could grievously offend me with its eventual stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Aizen died on the way back to his home afterlife.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
They should have beaten the guy who gains power from being hurt by healing him. It's like a zombie in an RPG, simple as that.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 14, 2020

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
But One Piece is still kicking, baby! We'll all be dead by the time that ends! So about 10 to 20 years, give or take.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Sydin posted:

Remember when Kubo dedicated like 5 chapters to what was very clearly supposed to be Byakuya's death, but then an editor pulled him aside and was all "uh you do realize he constantly places top five in popularity polls right? You can't kill him" and so lol he's just back a couple chapters later and he just needs to chill in a healing hotspring for a bit.
I think Rukia was supposed to take over for Byakuya after his death, but that didn't work out, so poor Jushiro took the fall instead.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Please stop talking about Chad

Every time someone brings him up I remember something else

Like how he got a special pendant from his grandfather who he loves and the pendant and his grandfather are so super important to him, so when he gains the ability to draw superpowers out of something deeply meaningful to him with Fullbring, he of course chooses to fullbring his Weird Mexican Skin
What's even weirder is that Orihime already draws her power from objects with great emotional significance to her, but it's Chad who gets his already existing powers retconned to be a Fullbring.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The concept of infusing your most precious possession with spiritual energy and using it as a weapon is sweet as hell and could probably support a battle series by itself, given the right author.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The anime also had Tier as a Vasto Lorde, but that was filler content.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Tatsuki never got any superpowers because there was only room for one ordinary human jobber in Ichigo's group of friends.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

TheHan posted:

To be fair, Ichigo canonically doesn't give a poo poo about justice or heroism and just wants to protect the people he cares about. You'd expect other characters to see his example and then change for the better but uhhhh...

Imagine if Naruto called Obito the coolest guy but Obito never stopped flaying ninjas with tree branches.
The mad scientist who commits multiple crimes against humanity never getting his comeuppance reminds me a lot of Unit 731. I don't particularly enjoy it, especially as someone whose parents are Korean.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It's a bit of a bummer to think that Soul Society never got torn down and rebuilt into something better because the editors/audiences took too much of a liking to its dickhead enforcers.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That picture with the Gundam firing above somebody's head, except it's Byakuya with Senbonzakura and it says "Soul Society is oppressive" while the viewer thinks "Wow, cool shinigami"

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 17, 2020

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

bleach is secretly a One Punch Man prequel
OPM monsters are like Hollows, except there's no convenient chain to show how far gone they are.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

TheHan posted:

Kenpachi joining the rebellion just so he could be opposite the new strongest guys is absolutely what would happen, I was thinking more from the angle of making a better soul society, where adding a guy who’s max violence to your team would be silly. I guess what I’m saying is I’ve been soulpilled by Kaname Tousen.
Thinking about Kenpachi psyching himself up to fight the Strongest Guy Ever before suddenly getting domed by one of the more ruthless figures of the rebellion like Old Yeller. Of course, it'd be difficult to put down Kenny in one go, so there would likely be a long, gruesome fight anyway, just the way he likes it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

TheHan posted:

My ideal scenario would’ve been Ikkaku and Yumichika defecting, then having to fight Kenpachi. Could’ve squeezed some emotional investment outta Kenpachi, wrapped up Yumichika and Ikkaku’s character arcs and gotten a cool fight all at the same time.
I just realized all three of these guys and Yachiru held themselves back for different reasons.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The first thing I thought was "Oh no, not again," and I didn't even watch past the monster of the week episodes.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Just thinking about what kind of powers Tatsuki could have gotten during that nebulous phase where Ichigo's friends were awakening because of residual spirit energy is kind of a bummer.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It would've been cool to see her pummel some hollows pre-SS for sure so I agree with you there, but then she would've fallen to the wayside, another victim of power creep and popularity polls.
Yeah, that's basically my thought. Tatsuki would have never amounted to anything more than another irrelevant member of Ichigo's crew, but at least she would have had one chance to kick some ghost rear end before the shinigami got milked for all they were worth.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I remember how the quincy alphabet squad got introduced and literally everyone went "gently caress kubo is going to add 26 more isnt he"
Their boss is supposed to be evil YHWH, right? Maybe Kubo should have just stuck to making a squad of archangel-themed bad guys.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This cash cow is malnourished and ill, but it ain't dry yet!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
As long as we're spitballing, I think it might have been neat to have Grand Fisher skulk back into Karakura Town after the time skip, having gotten far stronger and intent on killing Ichigo now that his powers are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Still haven't watched much Bleach, but I'm considering coming along for the ride just to see where it goes.