Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
sometimes, when im feeling adventurous, ill smoke some K2 before a meal to enhance the flavor experience

:monar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
hi op heres a spice mix I found on a recipe blog when I was looking for instant pot recipes a while back. it was on a recipe called "Cajun chicken" so I have it titled Cajun spice but im canadian as gently caress and the recipe didn't have ANY bell peppers or okra so it's probably not really spicy

2 teaspoons paprika powder
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

imo just pop that ratio of spices into a small container, pop the lid on, then shake er up, and you'll have a good blend of spices to put on many things.

also that's garlic powder not garlic salt, I don't know what garlic salt is good for but it's not this, pal

:siren:i usually leave off the salt entirely because I'll add it at the time if application, this is your own decision tho I'm not your mom

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
I don't eat a lot of spice, probably because I'm not from the third world.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Peppercorns are perfectly sized to fit in your urethra

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.
Get this, OP https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316118400/

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I really like lemon pepper and garlic anything.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

Peppercorns are perfectly sized to fit in your urethra

pee shooter

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

olives black posted:

Has anyone mentioned plain-rear end cayenne pepper yet? It's a really user-friendly way to turn up the heat in situations where you don't want to use hot sauce. It also distributes more evenly than crushed red pepper.

I use a lot of that but had to dial it back when I started cooking for two always. I had like the 1 lb shaker of it and would just hit everything with that heat which was prolly a bad habit but I enjoyed it.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

The Walrus posted:

but bottled buffalo has poo poo like xanthan gum, buttermilk powder, its nasty. buffalo sauce is Frank's, melted butter and garlic powder mixed together it is beyond easy to make.

just lol if you're not using xanthan gum in your home cooking. Costs $15 for a bag that lasts forever since literally a tiny pinch is all you need to thicken/emulsify any sauce or food

also :discourse: man powder aka goku pants seasoning is unironically good so just get that

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

FormaldehydeSon posted:

just lol if you're not using xanthan gum in your home cooking. Costs $15 for a bag that lasts forever since literally a tiny pinch is all you need to thicken/emulsify any sauce or food

also :discourse: man powder aka goku pants seasoning is unironically good so just get that

Oh man Vegeta is legit, cut up some pita bread toss in olive oil/butter and vegeta and make the best chips ever.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Cumin and cinnamon in chicken and green bean stews is a winning combo.

If I swap the chicken for beef I use allspice instead of cinnamon.

Garam masala, cumin, cinnamon and tumeric for curry rice.

Cinnamon and black pepper for Lebanese rice

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
The only spice I need is cool, clear water. I'll drink it straight out of the bottle sometimes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
The best spice by far is actually iced ginger. But as I don't have the ingredients, I have to choose and trust someone else's recipe. Still, I don't know where else to start. Like I said, ginger is the secret ingredient here, too. First you gotta decide what your sauce's name is gonna be and search for it online. (You can also ask friends and neighbors. But hey, you always have one friend to ask, right?) The ingredients you need are: 1/2 cup grated ginger root, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon canola oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar.

Ok, now.