Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badchay
Mar 22, 2015

A clip of Criss Angel's so-called magic trick has gotten really popular. Apparently, A&E uploaded a clip of an old episode clip to YouTube 4 days ago and it's been making rounds on Reddit and other sites.

The end result: 1 million views, #4 trending video on youtube and 32k dislikes.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtkmcYMcsM4 (cringe warning!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Dude can teleport, don't shame. Don't cross a wizard, they'll know.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
my mind is freaked bro.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Oh my god how did he get in that cage

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i couldnt tell because of the flames obscurring all the cameras and the one inside the car cutting out (it disintegrated jut like the car did i think)

thanks for sharing the gift of reality tv with me op

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Thats bullshit

he didnt jump over the grand canyon at all

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

There were cameras EVERYWHERE! 23 in total.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was wondering how dumb it was going to be and man that was a doozy

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

On one hand your average youtuber could do a better job of editing. On the other the guys kid has cancer and he donates a ton of money to fight childhood cancer. So I'm gonna call it a draw.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ah man what a blast from the past. I remember staying up late to watch this dude's TV show when I was ~15, seeing him put nails through his hand and stuff was cool as hell to teenage me. I bet if I went back and looked at his old show it'd be incredibly obviously fake. :allears:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Sorry, I was staring at his attractive assistant the whole time. What was the trick again?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

wtf how'd he do it?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Pfft. Okay. You can clearly see the cable over that cage. What a blunder.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Wow not only did he get into the cage, but he made the car disappear in the flames!!!

what a great magician I’m blown away. does he do children birthday parties? I’d like to hire him

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJH9iFOji_A

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Sure you can mock the man

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
We get it, you're all skeptics. Geez, some people can't just enjoy a nice magic trick.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
earthrealm is not ready for these powers

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
It’s funny because you go into magic knowing it’s a trick but still willing to be impressed by how they do it. So like doubles and trap doors or w/e are totally fine but once you get video editing in there it just becomes pointless.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
cheating w/ machines is kinda lame

+ Teller sued another magician for performing this trick. Which is ultra lame given it has been performed since at least the 1930s.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

watched video then clicked through to youtube to give it a thumbs down, thats how bad it was

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Mind Status: Unfreaked

This shizz is LAME, bro!

No explosions 0/0

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It only worked because he wanted it to work.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Mind Status: Unfreaked

This shizz is LAME, bro!

No explosions 0/0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH7jPAvFTU8

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They’ve had some cool magicians on their show Fool Us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAN-PwRfJcA

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
I went to his Vegas show at the Luxor... I think. About 2 years ago.... [it was free, don't judge!].

I gave him a pass because he did a ton of charity work but, the show was weird going in, he had his huge motorcycle collection on display for some reason.

That being said, his walking up walls/ladders gag screwed up.. it was supposed to be "look at me do this, no wires see, I'm walking vertically! Between stuff, so you know there's no wires...

Then the lights went out for 3 minutes.

When the lights came back on, Criss was suspended on a wire in mid-air frozen in a pose, along with a crew member show who was also mid pose but standing still. This lasted for 30 seconds then the lights when out again.

When the lights came back on, the stage was cleared, curtains closed and music played for a minute.. then he came out, apologized for the screw-up and they'll do the last act again, which went off without a hitch.

I'm guessing the motion control/wire system crashed/locked up during the performance and in that situation when there is a problem everyone is supposed to freeze when the lights are on, and only move when the lights are off I guess.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Do you think any of his friends call him "crangel"? Yo crangy, come on ova hea', have drink with us!

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Sorry, I was staring at his attractive assistant the whole time. What was the trick again?

A trick is what a prostitute does for money, Paladinus.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
criss angel more like cringe angle am i right? :smuggo:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

They’ve had some cool magicians on their show Fool Us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAN-PwRfJcA

although there were a variety of cameras here there were very much fewer than 23 cameras involved so it is not nearly as believable as the OP video

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wish Criss Angel could make OP's posts disappear.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

It’s funny because you go into magic knowing it’s a trick but still willing to be impressed by how they do it. So like doubles and trap doors or w/e are totally fine but once you get video editing in there it just becomes pointless.

I have a lot of respect of magicians and agree with you, however sometimes fancy camera work to create "magic" can be fun in the same vein.

Editing is just bullshit though. Screw you, Chris Angel!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Have TV magicians just straight up started using CGI yet? Like, if you're gonna do video editing "magic" why not just go hog wild...

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Mooey Cow posted:

Have TV magicians just straight up started using CGI yet? Like, if you're gonna do video editing "magic" why not just go hog wild...

I follow a youtube channel called Captain Disillusion, and through one of his videos from two years ago found out that America's Got Talent showed a stage magician in front of an audience and one of his tricks was basically editing coins out of a frame while audiences cheered. Like even without a youtuber explaining what happened, that's the only thing that trick could really be.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

It only worked because he wanted it to work.

Wrong. It's not enough to simply want something to get it, you have to be one of the 144,000 blessed individuals who the universe will pander to.

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
The Mindfreak is looking a lot like Tommy Wiseau these days.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i don't like Criss Angel either OP but my takeaway from this thread is that Teller is a little baby for suing a guy who copied his magic trick and tried to sell it

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
seriously how can you be sued for revealing magic tricks what kind of BS is that

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Doesn't he get scared of dealing with all the dark forces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In a way I respect the magicians who are like "yeah what I'm doing is literally impossible without camera tricks, come at me"