Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

The Lord of Hats, you are safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

CuriousCat, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Teland, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Sniper, you are safe.

One key left.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Meinberg and Kashuno, you have been nominated for eviction. Poque, if you'd like to say a few words explaining your nominations you may do so now.

Meinberg and Kashuno, you still have a chance to save yourselves. You, along with Poque, will be competing in the Veto competition along with 3 other houseguests.

The other three players have been determined by RNG and are :rolldice:

Somberbrero
Mr. Steak
Teland

I will see the 6 of you at 8PM EST. It is a Forum challenge and can be completed on mobile, but is easier on a computer. It also requires a precise number of people, so if you can't make it please let me know ASAP.

Good luck!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

"Walking Schwindel, smart move."

Hi everybody. The game continues to be real and it gets harder and harder as we go along. As you can see, I've nominated Meinberg and Kashuno for eviction.

Y'all are really cool and I truly like you both on a personal level - this is straight-up strategic. I'm not trying to target either of you specifically and I have no idea which way the house will lean between the two of you. I think it will be a cool game moment and resume builder if either of you wins the veto.

Kash - We've talked a good deal and I've always enjoyed it. I get the sense from talking elsewhere that my position in this game isn't in your best interests (note: there is absolutely nothing wrong with that). This is what I can do as a check on that. Despite that, I still think it will be cool if you win the veto.

Meinberg - We haven't talked TOO much in this game, and the times we have, you've talked about how you think you can't be a challenge threat. I want you to think otherwise! I think you can win a veto. Prove yourself wrong.

This concludes my veto ceremony - see you tonight for BATTLE!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hm, this is not a desired turn of events.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?

Grimey Drawer

For some reason my first thought was to call Poque a lame-o and post a rocket power gif and dang now I wish I had been playing a 90s west coast skater character this whole game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

major beef.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

I know it's no fun being nominated but let's not go too far there :ohdear:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Welcome everyone to this week's Veto competition.

This competition is called....White Elephant

Instructions

:siren: This challenge is complicated so read the rules carefully and be sure you ask any questions before we start. :siren:

This challenge happens in two alternating parts: Quiz and Gift Exchange. There will be 5 rounds.

Quiz

Each round of the quiz, you will be asked to find a post and quote it. For example if I said "quote the 8th post on the 1st page of this thread" you would post:

Mr. Steak posted:

my favorite film is the entire Kill Bill.

if you agree, alliance me and we can talk about our good taste in movies

If you have a custom setup for SA, make sure you're using the default 40 posts per page. You can change this in the options. You should see that there are currently 14 pages in this thread. The last person to post the correct quote is the loser of the round and chooses a gift.

Gift Exchange

The gift exchange is in White Elephant format. There are 6 gifts which are unknown until they are chosen by someone. At the beginning of each round of swapping I will say who currently has what gift.

Each round, the person who just lost will choose a gift. They can either choose an unopened gift or they can steal a gift from someone else. If they steal from someone, that person then gets to choose an unopened gift or steal another gift. This continues until someone chooses an unopened gift. You don't have to wait for me to acknowledge. If you've had your gift stolen, you can immediately choose to steal or pick an unopened gift.

You cannot steal a gift that has already been stolen that round, but you might have a chance to steal it the next round. When there is only one person left, there will be a final round of gift swapping.

Example

Asiina, MMT, Podima, and peramene are playing.

After round one of the quiz, MMT is the last to submit the correct answer and chooses an unopened gift. It turns out to be a picture of Juby.

After round two of the quiz, Podima is the last to submit a correct answer and chooses to steal MMT's picture of Juby, so she chooses a new gift and it turns out it's the veto.

In the final round, Asiina is the last to submit a correct answer, so she steals the veto from MMT. MMT can't steal the veto back but she can take the picture of Juby back, forcing Podima to choose a new unopened gift, which is a picture of a rotten turnip.

Since it's the last round, there is one more round of gift swapping. peramene steals the veto from Asiina. Asiina then takes the picture of Juby from MMT, and rather than take the turnip, MMT chooses to take the last unopened gift, which is an advantage in the next HOH competition. Since all the gifts are now claimed, the game ends and everyone receives their gift with peramene as the veto holder.

If you have any questions now is the time to ask them. I will only go once everyone has both confirmed they are here and that they understand the rules.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

got it

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

got it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

i am here, and furthermore, i understand the rules.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I think I understand. No one starts with any gifts?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

I think I understand. No one starts with any gifts?

Correct.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Are the only people who are competing in the quiz people who don't have a gift?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Are the only people who are competing in the quiz people who don't have a gift?

Correct. Once you have received a gift you're not doing the quiz part anymore.

Good question.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

It's basically an elimination game with a fun mechanic after you are eliminated.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

What's the order for the Gift Exchange?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I understand the rules and I am here! :black101:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

What's the order for the Gift Exchange?

The newest eliminated person gets to steal a gift or choose an unopened gift. If they steal a gift, the person stolen from can steal a gift (except something already stolen that round) or pick an unopened gift. It continues until someone chooses an unopened gift.

So the order of exchange is determined by whether you have your gift stolen.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

The newest eliminated person gets to steal a gift or choose an unopened gift. If they steal a gift, the person stolen from can steal a gift (except something already stolen that round) or pick an unopened gift. It continues until someone chooses an unopened gift.

So the order of exchange is determined by whether you have your gift stolen.

Ah ha! Got it!

Ready!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

where steak

Mr. Steak
May 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ready

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Alright, that's everyone ready.

I'll post round 1 at 8:11, so in approximately 1 minute.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Round 1: Find the 12th post on the 3rd page.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

Anomalous Amalgam, you are safe.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Asiina posted:

Mr. Steak
May 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asiina posted:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Asiina posted:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Somber, you were last and are eliminated.

Please choose a gift.

pre:
Claimed
None

Unclaimed
Blue
Green
Silver
Yellow
Red
Purple

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

silver

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

You open the Silver gift. It contains the Power of Veto.

Round 2 in 1 minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Round 2: Find the 36th post on the 7th page.