Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

The nominees are Sniper and The Lord of Hats. Please send your vote for one of them by 7PM EST on Sunday.

Eviction will be at 7:30 and then HOH challenge at 8PM on Sunday.

It will be a Flash challenge and works on Chrome and Edge, maybe on Firefox. I expect this one to take a little longer than the others, but still should be under an hour.

Don't worry, it's not the big one....yet. You'll know when that's coming :getin:

Asiina fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

As I know the results of this, my farewell post to you all.

Teland, we never shared a cabal, but I enjoyed the times we shared a HOH room. Shout out to a fellow neophyte for going the distance.

Somber, we got off on kind of the wrong foot which unfortunately never improved, but I've enjoyed having a chance to chat more. I think it's pretty clear I considered you a threat throughout, which I hope you take as the compliment it is.

Hats, White Dragon stuff was a blast. I remain surprised how few people questioned it, I guess a testament to the universal desire for fun.

Sal, I wouldn't have foretold you'd be one of my strongest allies at the start, but chance brought us together and I enjoyed it. Hope to keep seeing you around discord.

Poque, whew. Won't lie that it stung quite a bit, but at the end of the day if I can be part of the most dramatic betray in the game that's a victory in it's own way. Maybe. Anyway I don't regret it, and as stated I will allow you to feel better about your total and abject betrayal after an appropriately lengthed period of penance.

If the next challenge is Temple Runner imma be mad though

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

sniper4625 posted:

Sal, I wouldn't have foretold you'd be one of my strongest allies at the start, but chance brought us together and I enjoyed it. Hope to keep seeing you around discord.

On Day 1 when you reached out to me I was like "Goddamn this dude is going loving HARD already." I really enjoyed getting to know you. I appreciated your GGN vote so much, I don't think you realize how much that endeared you to me. You played the game the way I did (which is what why I think our ultimate downfall happened the way it did). Thank you for being a good friend and ally. Next cycle is going to be super lonely without you.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

sniper4625 posted:

Teland, we never shared a cabal, but I enjoyed the times we shared a HOH room. Shout out to a fellow neophyte for going the distance.
It's been a good time, and I really hope next game we both play in we have a stronger tie.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Was it betrayal?
The game was rigged from the start
Pure snow is falling
I will see you at jury
The white snow will soon turn red

-a poem

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

It's time everyone for the eviction ceremony, where someone becomes the fourth member of our jury.

Only a few votes to count so let's get started.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

That's one vote Sniper.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

That's one vote The Lord of Hats, one vote Sniper.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

By a vote of 2 to 1, Sniper, you have been evicted from the Awful Big Brother house and become the fourth member of our jury.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 10, 2020

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9P_ZsCrqOk

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Welcome to tonight's Head of Household challenge. So few participants left!

Let's get started!

Instructions

At 8:05PM I will post a link to a flash game.

The first person to post IN THE THREAD a screenshot of the completed game, with a timestamp, will be the new Head of Household.

There will be a congratulations screen, that is what I'm looking for.

Buckle in, this one might take a while.

Of note, I had trouble getting this to work in Firefox, but Chrome and Edge were both fine.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

The game is....Flight!

http://www.engineering.com/gamespuzzles/flight.aspx

Remember to post the final congratulations screen IN THE THREAD with a timestamp.

Good luck.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

TELAND WINS HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

It is time for the nomination ceremony.

Only two keys in the box this time...it should be a quick one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

The Lord of Hats, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Poque and SalTheBard, you have been nominated for eviction. Teland, if you'd like to say a few words explaining your nominations you may do so now.

Poque and SalTheBard, you still have a chance to save yourselves. You, along with all the other houseguests, will be competing in the Power of Veto challenge tonight.

I will see all of you at 8PM EST. It is a Puzzle challenge, and you'll need some sort of image editing software.

Good luck!

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Sal - I really appreciate the game you've played, and would be happy to see you get to the end of this. When it comes down to it, I don't have the history with you that I have with the others, and I'm not sure where we stand.

Poque - Have you not been on the block at all this game? What the heck?! Not fair.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Welcome everyone, it's time for the Power of Veto competition. This is the second last veto competition of the season and some might say the last true veto before things get all crazy.

Let's get started!

This competition is called....Trees and Tents

Instructions

At 8:10PM you'll be given a grid with trees on it. You have to place tents next to them based on the following rules:

Each tree has a tent that is either horizontally or vertically (but not diagonally) next to it. There is one tent for every tree.

Trees can be next to each other and trees can be next to more than one tent but Tents can't be next to any other tent, even diagonally. No two tents are adjacent.

The number of tents in each row and column matches the numbers around the edge of the grid

Example

You could be given this:

And you would need to produce this:

Study these examples carefully. Note how trees can be next to more than one tent, but tents can't be adjacent at all in the surrounding 8 spaces.

HINT: Cross off spaces that couldn't possibly have a tent, and then fill out the tents. Also rather than trying to draw tents, I'd recommend just using two different colours and filling in the grid, a tent colour and a background colour.

Submit your solutions in your confessional. I will tell you if you are incorrect, but no guarantee on speed. The first person to submit the correctly completed puzzle wins the Power of Veto.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

"Walking Schwindel, smart move."

any colors you'd prefer?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

any colors you'd prefer?

Nah, something high contrast so it's easy to check but otherwise :shrug:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

do we need to indicate which tent goes with which tree?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

do we need to indicate which tent goes with which tree?

You do not, that's just something for the example to make it easier to understand. The tents just need to be in the correct spot on the grid.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Here is the puzzle

Good luck!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

POQUE WINS THE POWER OF VETO

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Asiina posted:

POQUE HAS WON THE FIRST VETO COMPETITION

Asiina posted:

Poque win the Power of Veto!

Asiina posted:

Poque wins the power of veto!

Asiina posted:

Poque has won the Power of Veto...but at what cost?

Asiina posted:

In first place and the winner of the Power of Veto with 124.233...

Poque!!

Asiina posted:

POQUE WINS THE POWER OF VETO

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Hi everybody. I am using the veto and removing myself from the block. I don't think this will come as a surprise to anybody!

Teland, you're up to make a replacement.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

I'm nominating The Lord of Hats as replacement. I think this will also not come as a surprise to anybody!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

You forgot these.

Asiina posted:

And in first place, and our new Head of Household with an incredible score of 3,382,260.

POQUE

Asiina posted:

POQUE HAS WON HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I was only focused on your absurd loving veto run. I actually did contemplate adding in your HoH wins.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

The nominees are The Lord of Hats and SalTheBard.

Please send your votes for one of them by 7PM EST tomorrow. Eviction is at 7:30PM and the next HOH challenge will be at 8PM EST.

It is a Puzzle challenge, and you'll need access to a computer, but not image editing anything.

There will be an announcement about the endgame schedule sometime tomorrow afternoon as we will be picking up the pace starting then.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

:siren: SCHEDULE CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT :siren:

As we approach endgame, there are going to be some changes to the schedule. The remainder of the game is going to take place over the next week according to the following schedule.

Wednesday: Eviction and Final 4 HOH
Thursday: Veto competition and one hour later eviction.
Friday-Sunday: Part 1 of Final HOH, the posting endurance competition.
Monday: Part 2 of Final HOH
Tuesday : Part 3 of Final HOH and immediate eviction.
Thursday: Finale, hopefully starting closer to 6PM EST rather than 8PM

The biggest changes are the evictions. For the F4 eviction if anyone other than the HOH wins the veto, they are the only one casting a vote. If you win the veto and aren't already nominated and aren't the HOH, you can't use it. So have a plan beforehand what you will do if you win the veto and are forced to choose between the other two who aren't HOH. Then the person who wins the final HOH decides who their F2 partner will be immediately, so the last member of our jury has time to deliberate before the finale.

The other change is the endurance competition. For those who aren't familiar, this is a posting challenge where you will need to post on the forums continuously until you are either disqualified or give up. This can last a few minutes or it could theoretically last forever, but they've maxed out at about 8 hours in the past. We'll schedule this based on the best schedule for the final 3 players, but it's likely to start sometime Saturday or Sunday morning. Please let me know your schedules now, and I'll announce the timing of it by Friday.

The overall Final HOH happens in three parts. In part 1, all three remaining houseguests participate, and the winner moves on to part 3. In part 2, the remaining two houseguests participate and the winner of that moves to part 3. Then in part 3 the winners of part 1 and 2 face off to see who will be the final HOH.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Hello horse....houseguests.

We're really getting close to the end here. Tonight we start the last regular cycle of the game. The last true HOH, the last time there will be nominees, and the last veto will all happen this week.

However, one of you won't be a part of that and instead will join Cat, Kashuno, Mr. Steak, and Sniper in the jury house.

It's time to see who it is.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

That's one vote SalTheBard.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

By a vote of 2 to 0, SalTheBard, you have been evicted from the Awful Big Brother house and become the fifth member of our jury.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

No one can say you didn't fight as hard as you could, Sal. Much respect to you as a competitor, you were far more gracious than I would have been.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

See ya bud. Really enjoyed talking to you, looking forward to talking soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I really enjoyed playing with all of you. The final 4 is really strong and I look forward to seeing what you all have down the stretch!