Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
f

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
T

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Time's Up!

The answer is...True.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That was our final question, let's look at the scores...

Poque: 16
Somberbrero: 15
Teland: 12
The Lord of Hats: 14

POQUE WINS THE FINAL POWER OF VETO

The eviction will be held in exactly one hour, at 9:30PM EST

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
:negative:

I blew it!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
new choke city

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Well everyone, it's time. Who will become the penultimate member of our jury?

Poque, as the winner of the final veto, you will choose who casts the vote. If you choose not to use the veto, then The Lord of Hats casts the vote, but if you veto either Somberbrero or Teland, the choice will be theirs.

Immediately after Poque makes his decision, the sole voter must evict one of the nominees.

Poque, what do you choose to do with the veto?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I've written and erased too many things during this hour and I'm out of time and it sucks and this isn't a good expression of my emotions or thoughts on the game and where we all stand and how we got here. I know what's going to come from this vote and it sucks and I wasn't properly prepared for how it would feel. But we made it to four knowing that the game had to keep playing out. There's only one endpoint and we're not there yet.

I am choosing not to use the Veto at this nomination.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

It’s been an honor, Teland. But it has to end here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
By a vote of 1 to 0, Teland, you have been evicted from the Awful Big Brother house and become the 6th member of our jury.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome everyone to Part 1 of the Final HOH.

Whoever wins this part will go directly to Part 3 on Tuesday. The two who don't make it will need to compete for a spot on Monday in Part 2.

You all know the rules already but take a moment to go over them again.

This is it, this is the Endurance Competition

Instructions

This challenge ultimately is very simple. You must post on the forums with no more than 5 minutes between any two valid posts. Since you can't see the seconds on the forums, this time is inclusive. If your first post is timed at 2:00PM, another post at 2:05PM is considered valid, but a post at 2:06PM is not.

Your posts must contain one complete sentence with no grammatical or spelling mistakes.

You each will be given an individual topic that you must write about, in some capacity. The topics will change at random intervals. After the topic changes you have one leeway post where you can still post about the old topic before you have to switch. Any posts after that will not count as valid.

If your post is off-topic or has a typo, it doesn't disqualify you, but it does not count as a valid post. If you make another post within the 5 minute window since the last valid post, you're still fine.

If the forums go down or there is some sort of technical issue I'll make an announcement on discord, but otherwise this keeps going until we have a winner. It could be done in 10 minutes or you could be here for 12 hours.

Any or all of these rules are subject to change at any time. Rule changes will be accompanied by a :siren: in the thread. If a rule changes you have one leeway post before any posts that don't follow the new rule are invalid.

Are there any questions? Ask them now because it's likely you're gonna be here for a while.

I'll post the first prompt once you say you're all here and ready. You'll have a few minutes to respond with your first post, and then you're on your own individual 5 minute timers.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"a few minutes" to respond with the first one?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

"a few minutes" to respond with the first one?

5 minutes max, but really, try not to take too long to get going.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Ready for this shitshow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Saying it in here as well: Sentences must be at least 3 words.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am ready.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
gently caress let's do it

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
FIRST PROMPT

Somber, write a treatise on whether proper chili has beans or not.

The Lord of Hats, explain why it is reasonable to believe that the earth is flat in spite of the current evidence.

Poque, explain shipping to your grandma that wants to know why everyone is mad about star wars.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Things have really changed since we watched Star Wars together.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

There are people out there who will tell you that the world is round. They say that this is what the scientists have proven. But I'm going to let you in on an open secret: this is a complete and total lie that has been told to you by scientists. By the politicians. By the world. It's a conspiracy.

They don't want you to know the true glory of the King of the Gods, Zeus.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Many people suggest that chili should not have beans.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Back in the innocent days of the original trilogy, the only acceptable character pairing was between a princess and a smuggler.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"Now wait a second," I hear you say "Zeus? The Greek god of thunder? That's your proof that the Earth is flat?

I can understand why you have your doubts. But trust me, this is all going to make sense.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The idea that a given dish cannot contain certain ingredients could be described as culinary prescriptivism.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I suppose there are some like Grandpa who would say that the princess could also be paired with her brother. I know that was a sore subject between the two of you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
In order to understand whether or not chili should contain beans, we must first define chili itself.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

You see, some people say that the pyramids were clearly built by aliens, because there's no way that ancient Egyptians would be able to move that much rock, that precisely carved. Trust me, I'll get there on the flat Earth bit, it's all connected.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
In these modern times, internet culture demands that producers and directors listen to their fans who yearn for specific pairings between their favorite characters. Sometimes this isn't even limited to two characters.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Chili itself is an abbreviation of 'chili con carne.' This means 'chili with meat.' Let us begin to unpack that name.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

If you look at the historical record, you can see all sorts of evidence that the Egyptians built the pyramids themselves. They were smarter than us. They knew the earth was flat.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:siren: RULES CLARIFICATION :siren:

A warning, because Hats just posted something with a grammatical error but also had correct sentences and there's a bit of ambiguous wording in the rules. Your entire post must be grammatically correct to be considered valid. If you choose to write beyond the requirements, that is your decision, but frankly you're just setting yourself up for more chances of failure. Consider this a warning for everyone, because it wasn't clear. There won't be second chances after this.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Shipping is when fans decide that two or more of these characters should be paired up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The essential idea within the name chili con carne is that chili peppers are paired with meat.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

The modern world is more advanced than the ancient world, because we're metaphorically standing on the shoulders of giants. We're also literally standing on the shoulders of Atlas, who holds up the world (which is flat), but trust me, I'll get to that later.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
When The Force Awakens was released, fans began clamoring for several of their favorite pairings to become in-universe canon.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
For context, a nineteenth century recipe for chili contained dried beef, beef fat, salt, and dried chili peppers.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Because the ancient civilizations were smarter than the civilizations of the modern world, it therefore follows that they were right about everything. They knew, as so many people have forgotten, that Zeus is real. They knew the world is flat.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This might seem to suggest that chili must definitively contain meat in order to be considered chili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
One such pairing was between Finn and Poe, two male characters.