Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good evening, houseguests. As your usual hostess could not be present tonight, I will be managing the proceedings in her stead.

You may call me Julie Gehn. Now, without further ado... the eviction shall commence in half a hour hence, but prior to that I have thoughtfully prepared some questions for you to consider and comment upon. Many thanks to the recently-eliminated Mikujin for his assistance in, shall we say... randomly determining who each of these questions falls to.

Poque, you have achieved the dubious fortune of guaranteed membership for this game's jury if you are evicted. As a juror, what criteria will you base your vote for a winner upon?

Mr. Steak, I hope your stay in the Head of House room has been a pleasant one. Of the remaining players, who would you select as least likely to emerge as the final victor?

The Lord of Hats, you too had a taste of the Head of House's living arrangements this week. Out of the other nine players that remain, how many of them would you utilize the veto to save if you were not on the block?

SalTheBard, which player would you put forth as the one who is most out of the loop, considering the ongoing machinations at play?

curiousCat, looking at the remaining players, who would you say is the most adept at social maneuvering?

Teland, who would you identify as the best liar in the house? I am not a valid option.

Kashuno, this evening promises to be an interesting one for you regardless of the outcome. From your perspective, which other player believes they are orchestrating the game's moves - and why are they wrong?

sniper4625, do you consider so-called "challenge beasts" to be threats worthy of eviction, or convenient allies to leverage?

Meinberg, I am sure your current position weighs heavily upon you but hope that you can set it aside for the moment. Have you identified a partner that you would like to go to the final two with?

Somberbrero, I congratulate you upon progressing to the point where eviction would simply reward you with the burden of jury membership. What kind of game would you be least likely to reward with your vote?

Presumably thirty minutes is sufficient time to consider your thoughts. I dutifully anticipate your timely answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Your answers are intriguing in their variety and nuance. Hopefully they will be instructive to your fellow contestants as well, one way or another. Nevertheless, the time for discussion has come to a close and the eviction shall commence forthwith. Let us see where the point of division for this household lands today...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

One vote for Meinberg.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A second vote for Meinberg. Unfortunate.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

One vote for Kashuno to Meinberg's two.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A second vote for Kashuno, and we have an intriguing tie. Which way shall it break?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alas for Meinberg, they take the lead with three votes to two. Is this how it ends?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

By a vote of five to two, Meinberg - you have been evicted from the Awful Big Brother house. You are welcome to deliver closing thoughts to your former housemates here or in Discord, but I am afraid that this particular heroic journey has come to an end.

As for the rest of you, I will see you again at eight-o-clock Eastern Time for your next challenge. After this week's conflicts, who can you trust to take the reins as your new Head of Household? We shall see.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Welcome back. I hope the brief break allowed you to refresh yourselves in anticipation of the upcoming challenge. As you well know by now, you are forbidden from communicating with your fellow contestants anywhere but here until the results of this challenge are revealed. Poque, as outgoing Head of Household you are regrettably ineligible to compete in this week's Head of Household challenge.

Today's challenge has been humorously entitled... Loopy.

Instructions:

At 8:10 precisely, you will be given a puzzle grid. You must make a single, closed loop within that grid. The loop will not cross itself and corners will not touch.

Some of the grid spaces will contain numbers as clues. These numbers indicate how many of the edges of that space form part of the loop. For examp,e if there is a 3, then 3 of the 4 sides will have lines - and conversely if there is a 0, then none of its sides have lines.

The loop you draw will go through spaces with and without numbers, but must correctly satisfy all of the clues to be the correct solution. Numbers can be both inside and outside the loop, as long as they are correct.

There is only one unique solution for the puzzle. When you believe you have solved it, post a picture of your solution in your confessional. If you are wrong I will inform you promptly, but you will certainly not be the only one submitting a response... so be sure that you're right before consuming my valuable time. The first person to submit a correct solution has secured their position as this week's Head of Household.

Examples:

If I provide you with this:

You should produce this solution:

Some hints to consider carefully:
- Start with any 0s, then look for lines which would lead to dead ends and eliminate them from consideration. Since it is a closed loop, there will be no dangling ends. Please refrain from the obvious crude humor.
- When you create a corner, you may also eliminate the other two lines going into that corner, since the loop will not touch itself. Would that you all were more diligent in following its example.

If you have questions, the time to ask is now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

curiousCat posted:

Can I please see the answer key to double check that it's right before we start kupo

No.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here is your challenge to surmount:

Remember to put your solution in your confessional for consideration.

You would be well advised to begin deliberations at your earliest convenience.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The victor and your new head of household is...

Somberbrero. You have my most sincere congratulations and condolences. Your new dwellings will be prepared shortly. In the meantime, please perform the usual task of excusing yourself from any conversations outside of the main household.

It has been a marginally enjoyable experience hosting this day's events for you. I look forward to seeing how events continue to develop from here. Until next time, farewell.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Your chop, Sniper

He chopped Somber

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Truly terrifying pictures.

Small-minded people hate that which they cannot understand.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
And while we wait, remember that the real game doesn't end tonight - because after all, the real victory comes with public acclaim beyond what those jury losers think! That's right, my friends - I'm talking about the Awful Big Brother 3 Fan Favorite Award!

...which includes cold hard cash too, yes. Who do you think we are, people that would establish arbitrary rankings for no reason other than ego inflation? Please.

Coming soon to a thread near you after we get this little minor decision between two people sorted out. Stay tuned!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Made you look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good evening, everyone. I understand you are all likely busy celebrating or bemoaning the results, but there is one more loose end to settle before this game truly draws to a close. In all, fourteen people chimed in with a vote for Awful Big Brother 3 Fan Favorite, and it is high time that their voice be heard.

With fourteen percent of the vote, Somber easily clinches third place in the reckoning for fan favorite. Very well done.

Surprising no one, the second place victor is Poque with twenty-one percent of the vote. His strong play certainly made an impression.

But ultimately, the true fame and honor - and fifty dollars - goes to the victor who secured over half of the vote. With fifty-seven percent of the popular vote, our Awful Big Brother 3 Fan Favorite and the one to claim fifty dollars of American scrip is...

:siren: SalTheBard! :siren:

Voters' comments included:
  • Sal played his loving heart out, took every chance to play for a win even after Poque betrayed his team, and improved from someone I thought was too honest and straightforward to easily the highlight of the game. Also, he confessionaled like a friggin' champion.
  • even in the face of oblivion, never surrender
  • hell of a fight at the end. gj sal
  • Normally I would vote Meinberg here but I cannot vote in such a way that would deny the outside world from his fanfictions
  • Sal wrote the best confessional.

Congratulations to you, and I look forward to seeing your future performance in similar challenges.