Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Morning breaks and the dawn shines through over the winter-blasted suburban wasteland and here we are, all together, bound unto the purpose that we have set forth. Here, in the dawning of the morn shall come forth a great many palpitations but remain resolute my friends, for the great prize remains ever forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

With my oracular-like vision, I have foreseen a potential future for this night’s activities. I propose that it is likely that our challenge will come down to the casting of votes, an election for the throne. But remember this, heavy is the head that bears the crown, especially so early in the ordering of things. You might see this warning as plain manipulation, but I assure you that it is an honest and earnest warning. The bonds of amity and enmity are not yet made apparent and a misstep can lead awry of a whole host of complications, and in this space comes a great uncertainty. I do not deny that there are amongst you those who are strong enough to navigate this quagmire, though I doubt that I in particular possess this talent.

As always, the choice remains in the hands of you, my fellows and my peers, all that I may do is beseech concern, concentration, and cogitation for the choices that lie ahead.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Oh yes, this communication channel remains open, does it not?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

it does indeed

and lo we enter the most fraught part of any challenge, the mathematics portion

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

*tugs on collar worriedly*

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

as was written in the sacred texts "oofa boofa"

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hm, most interesting

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hm, I'm having another oracular vision and I foresee.......... Somber as the winner!!!!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Here we stand at the nexus of possibilities, how this result swings will determine all of our fates.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aid2vMbCNP8

the vision........ has come forth true!!!!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Farewell Bags! I hope that everything works well for you!

Also, I was in the midst of managing dinner so I was late in coming up with my responses, which I will place here now for the sake of posterity.

Asiina posted:

Cat and Meinberg, you're both former winners of this game. How are you feeling coming into this game? Do you think that puts you more at an advantage or a disadvantage?

I believe that the first HoH laid it clear for all to see, both of us are seen as threats purely for the sake of our previous victories. Look upon my previous plays in these sort of games and I can assure you, I am threat to no one. I am, in the vulgar argot, very bad at games. I hope that with the unfolding of time, this will become more apparent and people will be less intimidated by reputation alone and come to understand that I am merely one amongst the many.

Kashuno posted:

This game is extremely quiet. It's kinda weird. I don't know what I'll be good at here but hey maybe I'll at least have fun

Purely the calm before the storm, my friend. In time, there will be a great motion and a terrifying voice.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Will the link be posted in thread?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

curiousCat posted:

OH NO MY TABS ARE ALL FURRIES

MY SECRET WILL BE OUT

let me just close... uh.... a couple tabs

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

i don't like the little bumps

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Goodness, I'm am sweating

I'm out of shape from the intensity of these challenges.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

and in first place and your new HOH.............

CURIOUSCAT

Congrats Cat!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I got 18k on one and was like "yes, this is a respectable score"

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

the last time I faced this challenge..... i had to post in Sports!!!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

ready

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I really feel like if any show could handle all of these themes and still stick the landing, it's this one. I don't know, the writers have earned my trust.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I've been looking at getting one of these little fellows, but my room-mate is pretty heavily allergic to cats and dogs. Are there any that wouldn't trigger those allergies?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

well dang

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I feel the cruel hand of time creeping upon my body and my mind. Where once I fired with alacrity, now I've grown slow in my old age. I do not relish what the future has for me on this trend.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

It was a pleasure, Anomalous Amalgam. I wish you luck in your days to come and I hope that you continue to watch the game!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

game when

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hm, on the one hand, math is good. On the other hand, I'm incredibly slow.

I think I'm as ready as can be.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Oh! Numbers can't curve around corners, can they?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Correct. Horizontal or vertical only.

alright this will be nice and easy

(thon says before losing handedly)

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Congratulations Miku!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm such an old person

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Well done Poque!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

Meinberg, with each challenge you lament that you're having trouble keeping up with the quick pace necessary. Do you think this will put you at a disadvantage if you're not going to be as likely to win challenges going forward?

I'm not as spry as I used to be, and I was never particularly good at challenges at the first place. I reckon that sooner or later it'll become too much of a liability, and that'll be the end of me. All I can hope for is that people realize that I'm not a threat, and at least save me for the end to get rid of.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The Assassination of GenericGirlName by the Coward Mikujin

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

ah, my second greatest nemesis: looking good

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Congrats Teland!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

So I'm not going to be able to compete tonight (my brother is turning 40 for the first and, most likely, last time), but I wish luck to most of the competitors. I will be watching very carefully.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Tough luck Miku 😓

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

ah a game of speed and finesse

i look forward to someone else being HoH

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

i hate this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Like, seriously I'm dripping sweat over here. My hands just don't have the precision to meet the necessities of this game but I've done my best. I expect to be beaten by a factor of 10 or more.