Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
Jay whites dumb entrance video where he's defacing classic literature with a sharpie pen lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

take the moon posted:

Jay whites dumb entrance video where he's defacing classic literature with a sharpie pen lol

it's not classic literature, it's an edgy romance novel

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
god if this is liger on commentary he should really voice akuma on the next sf

I guess wrestling for 30 years or whatever takes it out of u

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Gnossiennes posted:

it's not classic literature, it's an edgy romance novel

don't ruin this for me

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
I lit. Have no idea which book it is but I was imagining it was like the tale of genji or something

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

take the moon posted:

god if this is liger on commentary he should really voice akuma on the next sf

I guess wrestling for 30 years or whatever takes it out of u

If you're referring to the ghoulish rattling of fishbones in the throat, then it's probably Honma. I don't remember Liger having a particularly noteworthy voice.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
yea that makes sense

honma clearly made some weird life choices but it's hard to argue with anyone involved in this glorious project of a fed. Hitting your head repeatedly for other people's entertainment=worth it? idk prolly not but who cares

also glorious is the op of this thread. I'll Go2Sleep now (or at least shut up)

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
sorry one last post

"you're not gonna stop me from winning this loving match" - Jay white after assaulting the referee

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

take the moon posted:

I lit. Have no idea which book it is but I was imagining it was like the tale of genji or something

it's a book called "american star" or something along those lines which caused people to speculate he had to be an american when switchblade's identity was still a mystery just like the union jack in the "time's up" video.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
lol red shoes has some classic expressions during these 10 predicaments in 30 seconds spots

he's like

I gotta count this... I need to

while like the exhaustion is real lol

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
also is it in his contract that he gets a shirt for each match he refs

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
I was watching that kenta vid for good vibes b4 work

"I like all of you idiots just the way you are"

<3 lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

take the moon posted:

lol red shoes has some classic expressions during these 10 predicaments in 30 seconds spots

he's like

I gotta count this... I need to

while like the exhaustion is real lol

Also don’t look into Honma’s personal life. Sadly wrestling in Japan is still wrestling and still can be lovely.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I firmly believe NJPW keeps Honma on the payroll to avoid trouble. He seems to be doing a lot better now that YTR is his minder again.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The only good honma thing was when he did the job for Liger in that video where Liger snuck into wrestler’s rooms at night to try and pin them

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

How soon we forget the amazing Honma/Ishii NEVER match

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Honma turned out to be an rear end in a top hat, but before his injury, he was absolutely fantastic in the ring. He was also as over as he was good. But still, turned out to be an rear end in a top hat, and seriously, the guy should not be wrestling anymore, he doesn't even look comfortable moving in the ring, much less bumping.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1268566274717745153?s=19

YOSHI-HASHI paid 30,000JPY for a "grow 15cm fast!" gimmick that seems to have included pills and some stretching device.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

https://www.njpw1972.com/75042

The whole interview is utterly insane in a way that makes complete sense for YOSHI-HASHI alone.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They say that the best gimmicks are yourself dialled up to 11 but YOSHI-HASHI is himself dialled down to 5

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That interview is so YOSHI-HASHI it hurts. God bless you Y-H, you are the hero we deserve

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yoshi-Hashi is living the goon life but has somehow managed to parlay that into success, so I guess we can't be too hard on him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It is very Yoshi-Hashi for his life goal to be being a wrestler in NJPW yet he achieved it by kind of just Forrest Gumping around and wandering his way into eventually passing the test.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hey he gets to live his dream and you always need people to eat pins in multiman tags and fail to win the 6 man Never title!

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Do you think Y-H willever win a title, including the Never 6 mans? And will it come before or after Okada winning a title other than IWGP HW? I know the comedy answer is them winning the tag titles together.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yoshi-Hashi is living the goon life but has somehow managed to parlay that into success, so I guess we can't be too hard on him.

That's a generous definition of success.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hey he gets to live his dream and you always need people to eat pins in multiman tags and fail to win the 6 man Never title!

I thank you for your contribution to the wrestling industry, Nobuo Yoshihashi

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

someone buy YH an account so he can defend his honor from this absolute slander.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Tonfa posted:

https://www.njpw1972.com/75042

The whole interview is utterly insane in a way that makes complete sense for YOSHI-HASHI alone.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

SatoshiMiwa posted:

ur gonna look foolish when he Robbie eagles and ??? (Rocky Romero) win those drat titles

kk,: they have done it!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

coconono posted:

someone buy YH an account so he can defend his honor from this absolute slander.

He'd immediately eat a 1 month probo for an unsuitable question in the anime forum

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

That's a generous definition of success.

He's got a steady job and a cool wife which is undeniably major success by goon standards.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im betting he makes okada and the rest of the chaos boys crack tf up regularly and they drink together, so yea he's doing good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hey YH spell deluxe
dee
ell
*40 minutes of riotous laughter ensues*

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Work out the YTR way, no equipment needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMXf4SHX9A

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

r/childfreeweights

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Work out the YTR way, no equipment needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMXf4SHX9A

Idunno, I mean... i feel like obtaining Yano-san's kids is kind of a big ask for a pretty basic work-out.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

Idunno, I mean... i feel like obtaining Yano-san's kids is kind of a big ask for a pretty basic work-out.

That's why he's the Super Athlete and you're not.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

boxcarhobo posted:

im betting he makes okada and the rest of the chaos boys crack tf up regularly and they drink together, so yea he's doing good

yoshi hashi spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cool well i just saw ishii vs nagata from g1 27 for the first time

man what a great match