Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«211 »
The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Higher, baby
Get higher, baby
Get higher, baby
And don't ever come down

Nakamura started on the roster in March 2002. He stuck around until January 2006, when he finally got to have an excursion after, instead of sending him off the same way everyone else goes, he was called "Super Rookie" for the first few years of his career, was given the IWGP title, and all that stuff, mostly on the back of him showing aptitude for MMA and doing a few fights in the 2002-2003 period (he won his third fight in September '03; they put the belt on him in December).

He'd come back, joined BLACK until Riki Choshu came in as booker and scuttled the group (this would be Riki's final go-round before handing the pencil off to Gedo and Jado), formed RISE from the ashes of that after coming back from an injury, start showing personality, RISE got into a war with Great Bash Heel, RISE guys betrayed Nakamura to join GBH, and eventually Nakamura would steal all but Honma and Makabe (who had formed the group) from GBH thanks to Yano betraying Makabe to form CHAOS (yes, the last remaining original CHAOS member is Yano), and Nakamura fully turned into the arena rock pop god character that was his Intercontinental title period.

There's also the time, after unifying the IGF (third) and NJPW (fourth) IWGP belts after a year of there being two thanks to Brock loving off with the physical belt until Inoki talked him into dropping it to Angle, that he successfully defended the title and then turned to Inoki, who was either on commentary or in the front row, and basically said "I unified this belt by beating your champ, maybe I should beat you next and unify the original title with this one", referring to the old, circular medallion belt that Inoki was the original holder of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

I will never shake your hand.

Ever.

The Cameo posted:

Nakamura started on the roster in March 2002. He stuck around until January 2006, when he finally got to have an excursion after, instead of sending him off the same way everyone else goes, he was called "Super Rookie" for the first few years of his career, was given the IWGP title, and all that stuff, mostly on the back of him showing aptitude for MMA and doing a few fights in the 2002-2003 period (he won his third fight in September '03; they put the belt on him in December).

He'd come back, joined BLACK until Riki Choshu came in as booker and scuttled the group (this would be Riki's final go-round before handing the pencil off to Gedo and Jado), formed RISE from the ashes of that after coming back from an injury, start showing personality, RISE got into a war with Great Bash Heel, RISE guys betrayed Nakamura to join GBH, and eventually Nakamura would steal all but Honma and Makabe (who had formed the group) from GBH thanks to Yano betraying Makabe to form CHAOS (yes, the last remaining original CHAOS member is Yano), and Nakamura fully turned into the arena rock pop god character that was his Intercontinental title period.

There's also the time, after unifying the IGF (third) and NJPW (fourth) IWGP belts after a year of there being two thanks to Brock loving off with the physical belt until Inoki talked him into dropping it to Angle, that he successfully defended the title and then turned to Inoki, who was either on commentary or in the front row, and basically said "I unified this belt by beating your champ, maybe I should beat you next and unify the original title with this one", referring to the old, circular medallion belt that Inoki was the original holder of.

I always thought Ishii had been there from the beginning with Yano. Haven't they been a tag team going back to GBH like 15 years ago?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Higher, baby
Get higher, baby
Get higher, baby
And don't ever come down

I forget that Ishii and Yano started a tag team even before GBH, trying to keep track of these factions in the second half of the 00s is pretty hectic, and every turn Yano’s done, Ishii’s gone with

... of course for much of it Ishii was on the low, low end of the card

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rarity posted:

Imagine being 23 and your wrestling career already being dead

You're going to have to make a very sincere apology to Master Wato for ever doubting him and dye your hair blue if you ever want to join Wato-Gun.

Where my Wato-Gun fam at?

«211 »