Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

Not quite but you reminded me of this AAA classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q75c7Lq1fcs

I'm sure there have been worse lucha matches than this one, there had to have been

But I haven't seen them, so this is still the worst one I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't decide if the broken-down Villanos or Pepe Casas shambling around the ring is the most depressing part of that match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Didn't one of the CMLL anniversary shows last year also have a match where nobody on either trio team was actually able to move?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Didn't one of the CMLL anniversary shows last year also have a match where nobody on either trio team was actually able to move?

You must be thinking of the one that B&V reviewed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoDnMSATJ0

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Erainor posted:

TNA has had nearly every major NJPW star come through there at one time or another.

And has misused nearly all of them. Tana looked good here though.

I looked up Tanahashi in TNA and immediately saw he wrestled Styles at Final Resolution in 2006 and it was only 10-12 minutes but excellent until it gets TNA'd. When you think about how much talent TNA had and the working relationships they managed to get, it's absolutely stunning how much work they put in to gently caress it all up.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 1, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what's going on with Tanahashi and Ibushi?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ibushi’s god has feet of clay and he doesn’t know how to handle it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

So what's going on with Tanahashi and Ibushi?

Tana's old and broken to the point he's being a bad teammate to Kota/Kota's having to do more work to compensate for it, or risk himself at a disadvantage

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH/status/1289145710332596224

Kenny and Kota both gonna turn heel this fall

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tana brought it on himself by not tagging in Kota when he was hurt and instead trying to fight off SZG due to his pride

The story is great and it's amazing that it mirrors but is different than Page/Omega

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tana brought it on himself by not tagging in Kota when he was hurt and instead trying to fight off SZG due to his pride

The story is great and it's amazing that it mirrors but is different than Page/Omega

Which makes sense because Kota's partner is 5 years his senior, Kenny's is 10 years his junior. Kota's is in denial about the fact that he can't do it all on his own any more, Kenny's in denial that his partner CAN.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

Tana's old and broken to the point he's being a bad teammate to Kota/Kota's having to do more work to compensate for it, or risk himself at a disadvantage

Also Taichi and Zack invited Kota to join Suzuki-gun and I have never wanted anything more :pray:

But for reals though this is quickly turning into the best ever example of 'two singles guys given a tag title run so they can then feud with each other'

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

JOHN CENA posted:

manabu nakanishi/strongman/yuji nagata

Nagata back then was a better wrestler than all three members of this disastrous BC team combined. That said, I'm not worried about Jado getting involved in the match since it'll be over by the time he's snailed his way to the ring.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nagata now is as well

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Caught up on the ten-man from this week. Not epic but it’s nice to see the storytelling. Taichi blithely punking Tanahashi on every move was heartbreaking.

Oh, and if Jay White did sneak back into the country, he’d be clearing a two week quarantine just in time to substitute in for Jado in the first round of the trios tournament.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Thanlis posted:

Caught up on the ten-man from this week. Not epic but it’s nice to see the storytelling. Taichi blithely punking Tanahashi on every move was heartbreaking.

Oh, and if Jay White did sneak back into the country, he’d be clearing a two week quarantine just in time to substitute in for Jado in the first round of the trios tournament.

I would be all for Jay White feeling like BC was slipping away from him so had to come in and win the Trios belts.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Is Yujiro/Gedo/Jado the worst trios team in wrestling history

If they replaced Jado with Togo it'd be half decent. Gedo can still go and Yujiro is fine as a tag guy and Dick might be the best wrestler in the company.

I don't see any result other than Goto/Ishii/Y-H

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I am stoked about NJPW fuckin doing something with the NEVER 6 Man Tag titles and that's not just the drugs talking

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am stoked for Master Wato, NEVER 6-Man Champion

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

If they replaced Jado with Togo it'd be half decent. Gedo can still go and Yujiro is fine as a tag guy and Dick might be the best wrestler in the company.

Yeah, Togo not being in there is super confusing.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, Togo not being in there is super confusing.

i certainly wish he was but i'm not surprised.they've basically divided the japan based bc into two teams (those guys and evil/togo/taiji) and they've been kept to different feuds since that ishimori challenged hiromu

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 2, 2020

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Togo doesn’t care about Bullet Club, he cares about EVIL. I don’t know if they’re setting up for another BC schism but there’s sure one available if they want it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dick Club will reign supreme.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

I am stoked for Master Wato, NEVER 6-Man Champion

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The other Chaos trio winning would be funny if only for Okada to look at his trios belt and think 'what the gently caress is this poo poo'.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Is anyone having an issue with NJPW World where videos will load but once you skip ahead they will no longer load and you'll just get an endless loading icon?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I had that happen, I also couldn’t get any videos older than like mid last year to play - tried bringing up the BOSJ finals between Hiromu and Ishimori, just got a black screen 00:00 empty player, as though it’s not finding the source file but successfully loading everything else

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Is anyone having an issue with NJPW World where videos will load but once you skip ahead they will no longer load and you'll just get an endless loading icon?

fortunately no issues with world, but i'm having a lot of similar issues with another japanese wrestling streaming site, dglive.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Thauros posted:

fortunately no issues with world, but i'm having a lot of similar issues with another japanese wrestling streaming site, dglive.

Ah, DG Network, the worlds worst $15 a month service.

I may not be completely right but boy do I feel like I'm getting mugged every time I pay for it & have to watch within 7 days & also the whole absence of much of an archive bit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i only seem to encounter problems when i try to skip ahead during the live broadcast. it just staggers and loops, and eventually all i see is a large zoom in of gedo wagging his finger at me

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Thanlis posted:

At the speed Jado moves now Jay could enter quarantine when the entrance music hits and still make the start of the match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
BREATHE (responsibly and not too deeply, through a mask) WITH THE SWITCHBLADE

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I got the newest NJPW fanclub magazine through my letterbox this morning and it includes a photo diary from a few roster members about how they spent lockdown. Ibushi's is all him working out. Taichi's is all him playing video games and drinking. Taichi defeated Ibushi in their post-lockdown match. What kind of message is NJPW sending people?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Spending a whole lockdown working out goes against the spirit of lockdown life. Taichi is proving that just going with the flow is the key to success in life.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/sourbratgang/status/1290065245919039488?s=20

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I got the newest NJPW fanclub magazine through my letterbox this morning and it includes a photo diary from a few roster members about how they spent lockdown. Ibushi's is all him working out. Taichi's is all him playing video games and drinking. Taichi defeated Ibushi in their post-lockdown match. What kind of message is NJPW sending people?

nice to know they're depicting realistic lifestyles as viable to their fanbse

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Didn't Taichi also spend his lockdown hitting on Tam Nakano

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hey she was the one making weird videos for him

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Tam's weird videos have hoodwinked many but probably nobody as high profile as the Holy Emperor

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Taichi is such a natural talent that he can beat Ibushi without even trying. The Holy Emperor is truly blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aozy0NA5Zo8

The G in G1 Stands For Goto.