Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

G1 isn't until tomorrow, but the first day of NOAH's N-1 is on in 4 hours for anyone that also has DDT Universe. If you're hungering for some phenominal wrestling in the meantime, Mochizuki/Kiyomiya and Kenoh/Nakajima are sure to be bangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I doubt im breaking my posting record for last years G1 because B Block is so dire i dont think its worth watching.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I guess ZSJ vs Kenta should be good.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

There are going to be a lot of good Goto matches in B Block, Tanahashi is probably going to give it his all, and I do love ZSJ, Yano, and Juice, but otherwise I'm not seeing much in the way of must watch matches.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Tanahashi will try but he is broken down and as underwhelming as Okada individually currently but was aided by being put with three men at the peak of their abilities. Yano is fun but your opponents have to be good for Yano to feel woryh it - its why Yano v Mox and Yano v Ishii were so outstanding last year. Juice is just a solid mid carder but hes hit his ceiling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's a bunch of matches in B block that should be good. SANADA/Zack always do magic together, SANADA/Naito was really great two years ago, SANADA/EVIL should slap especially if there's stakes on the line, Tanahashi/KENTA will be real interesting with the Shibata relationships if it picks up from their match last year, KENTA/EVIL will be fun just from the dynamics involved, Zack/EVIL has been real good in the past, Goto and Juice can both rise to the occasion when needed, YOSHI-HASHI will likely have one or two completely random bangers, literally every Yano match. It's not the highs of A block but there's definitely gonna be some MOTYCs there.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

The Yano/SANADA match is enough to make B Block interesting, if only to see what new tricks Yano is gonna come up with to FINALLY get SANADA to fall for his tricks, avoid the Paradise Lock, and defeat him.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
A block is more skewed with great workers than B block, but I think B has a lot of fresh and interesting matchups. Even last year I preferred B block because of Ishii and Moxley.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

B Block looks like a lot of fun. A Block looks like goddamn magic.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Yeah A Block is obviously better but it's not like I look at B Block think what a waste of time.

Anyway it starts right when I finish work tomorrow so nothing amazing/important better happen in the first 15 minutes or so. :nono:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Its risky picking a draw but i can see Okada and Billy drawing for Jay to sneak into the final with both Okada and Ospreay having wins on him to set up briefcase matches

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Its risky picking a draw but i can see Okada and Billy drawing for Jay to sneak into the final with both Okada and Ospreay having wins on him to set up briefcase matches

This sounds like an interesting prediction :hmmyes:

Why not take your prediction over to the G1 Prediction Contest thread for the chance to win a real cash prize! Only 16 hours left until the submission deadline! :D

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think the problem Yano is going to have this year is that the audience being limited to clapping hurts his act just enough to where the comedy might not seem to get over

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

They've put up promo videos for the G1 Climax 30 where each of the wrestlers does their move 30 times. For some of them, they didn't have enough footage of the wrestlers doing their move, so they had to make it wrestlers doing different moves.

Yano's is a mix of him undoing the turnbuckle pad, low blows and general Yano shenanigans.

Yujiro's is him biting people and interfering in other people's matches.

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 18, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
A Block is workrate Block.

B Block is drama block.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Messy drama block :hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Have they said anything about whether they're gonna have English commentary for these shows?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I enjoy the English commentary so I hope they can sort some kind of thing out like they did at Jingu. This reddit post seems to suggest that English commentary is a 'maybe' at this point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/njpw/comments/is578k/g1_climax_to_have_live_english_commentary/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Maybe we don't need English commentary

:ughh:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rarity posted:

Destiiiiiiiiiiii...no.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
english commentary has never been necessary imo its like watching anime dubbed instead of subbed

:goonsay:

maybe they make the same calls over and over like kk but id never know

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’ve gotten used to the Japanese commentary but I appreciate Charlton’s live translations of promos

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

"I just want school choice to provide best for my kids and secure an existence and future for my people" -Kevin Kelly apparently

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Rarity posted:

Have they said anything about whether they're gonna have English commentary for these shows?

The website says Japanese live, English commentary later.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

COVID has really helped me make the transition to watching Japanese commentary by default. I'll miss Chris & Gino when they eventually come back to live stuff, especially the translations, but I'm all in for Milano & Liger & friends.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chris is really the only part of English commentary I legit miss because he helps point out stuff like a sequence being a call back to something. If they could just give me Japanese commentary with Chris as a little face in the corner occasionally giving me pop up video style facts I'd be in heaven.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Only if it's Chris as a vtuber

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
B Block is like 50% dead weight. I'm going in with rock bottom expectations for anything that isn't the like, four great wrestlers going against each other and maybe that'll lead to me being pleasantly surprised.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yoshi Hashi is the only person in B block who can't put on a good match and even he occasionally gets pulled up. I don't know what people are on about.

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL
Dec 17, 2019

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I guess ZSJ vs Kenta should be good.

ZSJ is always good

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I'm far more interested in B block's matches over A block, especially if Cobb is going to be putting forth the same matches he did last year.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In any other year we'd be saying B block was a really good block. It's just stacked up against arguably the top 8 workers in the company all in one block (plus Cobb and Yujiro) so it looks complete poo poo in comparison to that.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yoshi Hashi is the only person in B block who can't put on a good match and even he occasionally gets pulled up. I don't know what people are on about.

I think it's because people have soured on both EVIL and SANADA's work in the last year, and Naito's clearly entering the "should probably figure out how to alter his style to account for his deteriorating body" phase of his career, and hasn't figured it out quite like Tana.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And that's fair but it's the G1. If people are going to step it up and put on better matches its going to be during the G1. Hell, if this was any other set of shows I'd be lamenting Goto but the G in G1 stands for Goto and he puts on good matches during it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I'm excited for all the matches and will probably get way more excited for B Block since it's the Black Sheep of the blocks.

Don't know why I'm like this. Even back in the Pokemon days I also stanned for the lesser popular version.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Imagine not being excited for the block with G1 Climax undefeated champion Toru Yano in it.

Let me have this, I need it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

I want Evil to have a good G1 but his in ring has stunk since he turned and I'm not gonna get my expectations up just to get more garrote wire bullshit, Juice has regressed a frankly startling amount in the last two years, Yano is Yano and you guys already know how I feel about Sanada and Kenta so I won't belabor that.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 18, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
B block is my friend :unsmith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gumball Gumption posted:

My guy, YH had the match of the night against Tenzan in the NJC that one time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
How did Yujiro get so unlucky as to wrestle Suzki on 9/30, Shingo on 10/5 and Ishii on 10/7?