Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm glad the portal is closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tonfa posted:

:agreed: New Japan deserves better

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 9, 2020

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Tonfa posted:

:same:

Would be neat at some point in the future but as it stands I don't have any interest in it beyond one or two guys I'd like to see.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The portal between AEW and any overseas promotion is pretty firmly shut for the short term at least

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I wouldn't mind seeing Hangman do another G1, but otherwise I have no interest in AEW interacting with my King of Sports

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think you guys have to worry about AEW interacting with NJPW any time soon.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It wouldn't be the craziest idea for New Japan to loan out Jay White and KENTA to someone running shows in the US unless they are gonna continue running those LA dojo shows and those jerks are gonna show up there

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Given the state of the US I suspect management is probably happy to tell them to please stay home.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

KENTA on satellite cutting promos on YOSHI-HASHI during his matc... :smith:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jay in AEW would be tricky as New Japan probably would want to have him look strong and not eat any pins and AEW probably doesn't want to have it's full timers lose to outsiders either. And having Jay come in for some multi mans with Chase eating a pin also really doesn't do much.

Not to mention I can see them trying to get Jay to fly in and Stay for the G1/Wrestle Kingdom by way of New Zeland

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Isn't Jay in NZ right now?

Anyway, it'll never happen, but, purely as a thought exercise, if Jay went to AEW, he would beat up some lower card guys and eventually pick a fight with Moxley, because Moxley can beat him in America and give him his win back in Japan. Or maybe Jay beats Moxley for the IWGP US Title and then Moxley has to put up the AEW World Championship to get it back.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Jay in AEW would be tricky as New Japan probably would want to have him look strong and not eat any pins and AEW probably doesn't want to have it's full timers lose to outsiders either. And having Jay come in for some multi mans with Chase eating a pin also really doesn't do much.

Cross promotional matches like this where nobody wants their top guys to lose are best done with Main Event Heel vs Midcard/Upper Midcard Babyface, where the face can lose and it won't hurt him too much because the other guy is still above his level and he can look like a valiant badass for almost winning. Though that kind of hinges on said babyface not already being the subject of that story in his home promotion all the time first.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TriffTshngo posted:

Cross promotional matches like this where nobody wants their top guys to lose are best done with Main Event Heel vs Midcard/Upper Midcard Babyface, where the face can lose and it won't hurt him too much because the other guy is still above his level and he can look like a valiant badass for almost winning. Though that kind of hinges on said babyface not already being the subject of that story in his home promotion all the time first.

Yeah, you would do like, Jay vs. Orange Cassidy and do it in Japan or something. If you were doing it in America, you would do like. Jericho vs. *throws dart at board* Master Wato!?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 9, 2020

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

TriffTshngo posted:

This is basically what the NWA champ would do when touring around right?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Seams posted:

This is basically what the NWA champ would do when touring around right?

Pretty much. Some formulas are evergreen, assuming you do it right/don't overdo it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It wouldn't be the craziest idea for New Japan to loan out Jay White and KENTA to someone running shows in the US unless they are gonna continue running those LA dojo shows and those jerks are gonna show up there

ROH started building to doing the Jay White/Marty Scurll match again but hopefully that doesn't happen and they put Jay against someone who isn't a sex offender.

Based off his tweeting I don't think KENTA has any intention of doing anything as dumb as wrestling in the US right now.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

One more sleep to master wato

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Burn Down Canberra posted:

One more sleep to master wato

Yes, Master Wato will be here soon enough.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

BUSHI suggested doing Naito/SANADA/Hiromu vs. Shingo/EVIL/BUSHI for the six man titles.

I think it would be a pretty cool main event for one of those eight Korakuen Hall shows NJPW has booked in the next few weeks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

BUSHI suggested doing Naito/SANADA/Hiromu vs. Shingo/EVIL/BUSHI for the six man titles.

I think it would be a pretty cool main event for one of those eight Korakuen Hall shows NJPW has booked in the next few weeks.

But how would this work now that EVIL is, well, evil?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Guys, is it time for Master Wato yet?

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Rarity posted:

Shingo doesn't care and BUSHI's too stupid to realise anything is different.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Shingo/EVIL/BUSHI are still the champions and the less popular half of LIJ so they can play heel I guess

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

guys

what if Wato joins LIJ

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Actually, now that I think about it, YOH being out for a long time means they could bring him back with LIJ when he's ready, since clearly this'll be the likely end of RP3K and they'll probably turn SHO into a junior singles star or just have him working NEVER level matches for a while.

Master Wato will be worth it when he teams with Taguchi and we get like "Master Ryu" and "Master Hiro" and "Master... Ibu" coming out for multi-man tags, all with blue wigs on

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Funky Master

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Wasn’t there something about LIJ only consisting of people who trained with Naito or something like that?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Wasn’t there something about LIJ only consisting of people who trained with Naito or something like that?

Everyone in LIJ trained with Naito at Animal Hamaguchi's Dojo except for SANADA who had his own wrestling connection to Naito though I forget the specifics

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

How quickly we forget LIJay Lethal

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

LIJ Jay Lethal is on the same level as El Terrible in the Bullet Club, best left to mist of time

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

How quickly we forget LIJay Lethal

Well yeah, they fuckin' turned on him

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Mad at the thread for reminding me I had to sit through a couple of years of heatless Jay Lethal bullshit matches in what might have been the worst part of the ROH crossover.

Never mind that though NO SLEEPS TO WATODAY :shittydog:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

in about exactly 12 hours from now we'll get to watch master wato vs douki

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wato
Wato
WATO

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Here’s my new idea I hope you like it. ”What” chants, but it’s ”Wato” instead

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's already what it is

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

LIJ Jay Lethal is on the same level as El Terrible in the Bullet Club, best left to mist of time

Both Terrible and Rey Bucanero were in BC. Terrible is now technically still affiliated with LIJ. Was Jeff Jarrett ever formally kicked out of bullet club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Nope, he just never came back or wore the shirt ever again.

Really, if he was, he’d be selling SLAP NUTZ CLUB shirts to this day