Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

e: wrong thread

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Rumor going around that NJPW is starting iPPV.

wonder how this worked out for them...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

front row is $500 but its also msg. i think i remember reading that njpw wants to make this show on-par with wrestle kingdom?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im guessing new COVID19 cases in japan have started leveling off if they're taking the risk?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Bea would have to self quarantine with him so they could just wrestle each other for 14 days in a row

the Bea-1 Climax

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nagata.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i get to keep my two digit registered user number a little bit longer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've needed some more Dragon George

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

here comes the spunk posted:

The first time I saw Brodie Lee was for Dragon Gate USA in Indianapolis in front of like 100 fans. It was so obvious that he was going to be a big star someday.

the first time i saw brodie lee he took my chair and went after necro butcher with it at an roh show that ended with police storming the venue and gabe sapolsky losing his job

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

WATCH THIS MATCH WATCH THIS MATCH WATCH THIS MATCH DO NOT READ ANY SPOILERS JUST WATCH THIS MATCH

:hfive:

that match really loses a lot without the context of the rest of bosj before it but its still really good on its own, was in my top 3 for njpw matches last year

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I disagree with Naito/Hiromu because having your three most important titles in the same match at WK just doesn't seem sensible. Naito/Ospreay could work really well if you want a high flier against Naito. With Okada/Moxley as the semi-main. Hiromu can defend against one of the Bullet Club juniors (as much as I love ELP, Ishimori is probably the better fit)

they have like two hundred belts you can do hw vs jr hw with no problem to the rest of the card.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That last scene in the movie exists just so you can safely know it's merely a work of fiction

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i've missed njpw so much

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hmm....felt wrong.

EVIL's a really good wrestler. I'm not a Naito fan, but I don't know about this move. Hopefully I'm wrong.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

We're all forgetting the most important question: opinions on EVIL's new look?

It's not good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i'd keep the trios belts and cut the jr heavyweight ones.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hey guys, giving it a shot tonight.

Still unsure how i feel about EVIL as champ. Prefer it some to Naito but time will tell for me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Well this sure is an angle

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hiromu has good drop kicks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh but seriously I posted:

witth he leather pants and constant hair-flicks, evil has a certain diesel energy

Dieseltaker attire works for his look I think. Definitely better than his Dominion gear.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Aesculus posted:

What are all those young lions at ringside for if they don't even know how to tie the turnbuckle pads back on

Bodies to slow down Suzuki if he decides he wants in on this action.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BUSHI was the 3rd best guy in this match.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

take the moon posted:

I was going to srs argue against that post but it was maybe an offhand thing

like I tie hiromu/Taiji at no offense around the same. theyre both dank. but that's first 2. so BUSHI is better than Naito or Evil???

I had Evil as 5th best here tonight.

1. Hiromu
2. BONE SOLDIER
3. BUSHI
4. Dick Togo
5. Evil
6. Red Shoes Unno

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Aesculus posted:

Hiroshi Tanahashi is not NJPW's John Cena.

Tetsuya Naito is NJPW's John Cena

Excuse me???

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

take the moon posted:

this thread really hates EVIL lol

I guess this is my first time experiencing it in real time

I don't hate him, I just didn't enjoy the match in which he won the championship. I think his defense against Hiromu will probably be really good and a strong candidate for the best match of his IWGP HW title run if it lasts through the new year.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shingo should be the one to dethrone EVIL sometime next spring.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

take the moon posted:

yea its all good. more of a dislike for him MEing I guess

watching ishimori v hiromu now lol

i dont think its necessarily a dislike, just an apprehension since his match+aligning with bullet club caught a lot of fans off guard.

i am definitely intrigued by this BC setup and will likely tune in to the next show to watch things unfold.

it's too bad the G1 isn't starting in a couple weeks :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

master wato

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

i'm trying to figure out how me bringing up the earthbound roundtable in here caused kenny to retweet the translation and the conclusion i have reached is everdred is reading this and sent it to him

close!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

my favourite is watching Tanahashi bail as if he knew what was coming and just didnt want to be seen in the same ring with it

GO ACE

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

plus, Wait and See at least pays off in NJPW, even if it isn't the result that people want, they usualy follow through

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I fully expect EVIL to have better matches during his title run than Naito had during either of his.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just finished.

that main event was frustrating, which is not a word i thought i would use for a hiromu takahashi match.

Shingo delivered tho.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its largely because its not the type of main event match structure we expect or want out of new japan.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought we were on the pathway to that when Kushida vs Hiromu went like 90 seconds but then it turned out to be because of a massive concussion :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Taka no longer has a relationship with NJPW.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wtf the card was last night?? i thought these werent until august

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought juice robinson lived in japan full time now did he get forced to move back to the us

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he's gonna fight EVIL in a castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Has NJPW ever done a cage match?

i don't believe they have. in fact when TNA was bringing in Liger in either 06 or 07, Liger called it off when he learned it was a Cage Match because he had never done one before and didn't want to take the risk of doing it for a non-Japanese company.

hunnert car pileup posted:

Chono/Takayama in 2003

well there we go