Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Meanwhile Switchblade does post his reactions but they're all just him being edgy by supporting Bullet Club and saying they should have all the belts

I can’t believe several of us are Jay White, including potentially me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Redundant posted:

I guess I misheard commentary during the introduction. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

The stat was, if I am remembering it correctly, was that GoD had wrestled no singles matches in 2019, which I believe to be correct.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, that one is right. Which makes sense, neither of them was in the G1 or New Japan Cup. Tama's only singles matches in 2018 were G1.

It’s wild to me that GoD wasn’t in the New Japan Cup but loving Hikuleo was.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 8, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
How was Chase's matches against Liger that were part of the Bruce Tharpe NWA feud. Also when were they?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

By the way, a rumour I've heard from multiple sources in the past few days is that NJPW is running MSG again. Alone.

is it supposed to be the capstone to the big Olympic Wrestling Revenge tour or is it something like an important eventTM on the New Japan calendar

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Not a bump, but Gedo grabbed and pulled her by her hair and then shoved her in the Taichi/White G1 match.

....as you can probably imagine, this led to fiery fan favorite babyface Taichi.

Suzuki-gun is a top babyface faction straining to explode out of violent heels.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

He's not that great a worker but it kinda fits his whole sleazy Mexican indie guy gimmick which he's pretty good at

Yeah, DOUKI is a fun job guy in a crew that really needs someone to eat pins, he's not a blow away worker and he doesn't seem like he is ever going to be, but he's entertaining as a role player.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
basically every time Gedo has gotten into the ring with a chair this past weekend I had convinced myself he's going to hit Jay White with it and the Knife Pervert was going to be kicked out of Bullet Club.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

There's this persistent idea I've seen among people who only keep up with New Japan sparingly, with the bigger shows or G1 season, that Jay White is always like one tour away from getting turned on and kicked out of Bullet Club, and that he "doesn't count" as leader or some poo poo and KENTA should be leader instead. My counterpoints to that are, the only reason Bullet Club leaders have been kicked out is because they all went somewhere else and Jay White, Gedo's pet project, is almost certainly not going anywhere, and also if he got kicked out and just stuck around on the roster, he has zero friends. He's made such an enemy of everybody outside of BC that there's no world in which he just gets betrayed, turns face, and then starts tagging with FinJuice or GBH or something.

Counterpoint: Jay White having to slum it with Young Lions for a tour or three because he burned all his bridges would kind of own.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Jay such a good firey babyface that he was sort of like Shooter Umino when he was a young lion where he was incredibly over for both being a great worker and being good looking. I still think he's being wasted as a chicken poo poo heel that stalls matches and needs ref bumps or his manager to beat people. Like let him be a heel with good work rate. Hopefully if a face turn ever happens he also drops the sister abigail as his finisher.

loving look at this disrespect for alex shelley's the shellshock, I can't loving believe it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, it's weird.

Mox is teaming with RPG3K and Taguchi on one of the Sapporo nights and teaming with Okada the other night.
meanwhile on that other night Taguchi is teaming with RPG3K and Will Ospreay.

what I am getting at is Moxley is in Chaos and should team with Dustin and Greg is AEW once the forbidden portal is opened.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Best Friends and Orange Cassidy take Japan is the good idea. Anything more or less than that is a fools wish. An AEW ‘delegation’ in particular seems spotty at best as an idea rather than sending a unit. Other options in my mind based on the ‘send a unit to Japan’ thesis

Jurassic Express for Best of the Super Juniors
SCU for tag league or to back up comedy option CIMA in the G1.
Private Party for junior tag league or w/ Hangman during G1

Lots of small spots that would be fun to see filled but nonessential.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Caprice is/was a regular commentator for ROH and it was amusing watching in real time as he learned people actually watch the English comms and start genuinely trying after kind of phoning in his early work that tour because it was clear he assumed no one watched the English broadcast (just like no one watches ROH)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I Before E posted:

There are probably enough fresh Kenny matches that he could do a 2020 G1 run, especially if they expand the blocks to make G1 30 a little more special

30-man G-1 Climax incoming???

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

If you haven't seen it or put it on the list yet, check out Juice vs. Jay White from the San Francisco show in 2018 and the promos leading up to it. It will make you fall in love with Juice.

https://twitter.com/jjwilliamswon/status/1008757732005109761?lang=en

probably the best promo of 2018.

boxcarhobo posted:

i believe snuff films are illegal in american and japan

good thing there is always international waters.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I’m glad it took *checks calendar* eight days for situation to return to normal and the Naitailures to have to WRAP IT UP.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm pretty cool with KENTA losing the double gold defense before NJPW establishes how Naito is going to defend both belts independent of each other, because Taichi is going to beat Okada and win one of them off Naito before the New Japan Cup ends.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
my backdoor joke option "wrap it up" is KENTA winning both belts from Naito and gifting the IC belt to Jay White leaving him exactly where he started before the Double Gold Dash

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
How would Shingo do at bloodsport?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

John Dudebro posted:

spring break cannot waste this opportunity to book hiroshi tanahashi vs orange cassidy

that will be how Joey Janela opens the forbidden portal.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

It's Mavs doing the Fantasticamania shows with Chris Charlton.

glad to see Mavs is out of the maritimes and back with new japan pro wrestling.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I found it humorous, thank you for your part in making it come into being.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

The real question becomes, what kind of gear does a free Brodie Lee wear in 2020? It was weird seeing Moxley in those little bike shorts. Would Brodie keep with the jeans/tank top getup, or would the collective minds of the forum melt when he shows up in a plain pair of black trunks with white boots or something?

Also, Brodie vs EVIL and Ishii, gently caress ME RIGHT UP.

Brodie Lee was wearing a tanktop and jeans long before the bad company came calling. So he better wear some proper wrestling gear because Mox in bike shorts loving ruled and I'm sure if I found that "Brodie Lee in Trunks from FCW" image people would agree.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

How can Okada hope to beat a man who has long boys and short boys!

By accepting them long boys into his heart.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

The New Beginning USA tours are cursed

On January 5th, after being told he and the Elite weren't needed for New Year Dash and that Kenny wasn't needed for the New Beginning USA tour, Cody, Kenny, Matt and Nick performed a ritual that resulted in a curse being placed on those tours and also Brandi being haunted.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Even Naito's best friends want someone to take the belts from him :allears:

Wrap is up Naitalures, it is Hiromu’s time.

(But really, it is always Zack Sabre Time)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I also watched the whole dang thing, MJeff.

And I certainly hope we get Punished Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki, if only because I really want to hear what Suzuki thinks of Moxley in the eyepatch.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Viceland sounds like Vice Media's version of the subscription service and for that I feel like it is less real than AXS TV, a boomer's vanity station.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

So I had to re-encode it to get the subs to work. We'll watch it next Friday after CMLL!

I'm very glad because I am very sick and I would hate to have missed My Dad Is a Heel Wrestler because of it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
hello, I feel like dogshit, did I miss Punished Mox today.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Kevin Kelly just spoiled the results of a New Beginning USA show that has yet to air on New Japan World. Cheers, Kev.

I also love the official new japan English policy of ‘gently caress you, its not a spoiler it happened already’

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

You missed an incredible match and post-match that is well worth going back to catch up on.

About how long do I gave to go back.

Edit: found my good friends Suzuki-gun

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 2, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Welcome to Zack Sabre Time baby.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

ZSJ has my least favourite music in Suzuki-Gun, except maybe DOUKI's which I don't remember

Like I know Douki, intellectually, had to have music but I don’t believe you that he has music.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
"Why you still standing dickhead"

:lol:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

oh but seriously I posted:

i thought zsj might stand a chance at a strike exchange in a hold but he still ate poo poo

Zack is elementally weak to strike exchanges, I don't make the rules.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
ZSJ and William "The Thrilliam" Ospreay are really good at wrestling.

also this loving owns.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
that loving roll was great.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I LOVE ZACK SABRE JR
Will Ospreay is also cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

I think this is going to be the rare match I'm going to go back to and watch a second time. I'm loving it

"watching a Zack Sabre Jr. matches makes you feel smart" - WrestleSplainia speaking the truth.