Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

extradite THIS! posted:

Thanks to everyone who posted in the WK livethread it was an excellent time. I'm excited for more "pro wrestling" in TYOOL 2020.

Indeed, maybe New Japan world was worth subscribing to after all. I will have to conduct further research on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Man that Persona 5 'tron was an absolute banger and also quite fitting (from what I've heard about P5 at least, I still haven't played it because no PS4)

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

Turns out My Dad Is A Heel Wrestler was a documentary :ohdear:

Papawaru ending spoilers: When I grow up I want to be a villain, just like my dad

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

WRAP IT UP NAITAILURES but he actually does wrap it up. The end, no moral.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Tetsuya Naito will drop KENTA on his head 27 times and then go for the destino and he will kick out
Then pin him with the deeestiiiinoooooooooooooo

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Good, expel Jay White to ROH he deserves it :colbert:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

sounds like someone needs to BREATHE

Please do not inhale toxic fumes, side effects have been known to include liking Jay White

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Yano would get rolled up by YOSHIHIKO and I would pay money to watch that match

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I want to see Yano tap out to the Paradise Lock

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Doesn't Korakuen only have a capacity of around 1000?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

You can always tell whether YOSHI-HASHI is about to win or lose a match based on whether he looks like he just drank a bottle of bottom shelf or if he looks like he just drank a bottle of mid-shelf.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

The naitailure meme is getting old and tired and Naito very much the modern Japanese incarnation of Stone Cold and 2013/2014 Daniel Bryan, even if he's not the best at getting 5 star matches out of any given opponent on any given day.

Cavauro posted:

you all really must stop fetishizing njpw wrestlers with your incessant "this one person is good." or everyone sucks because i like this person. they are not toys for you to hold onto your genitals. most everyone is good. get a brain and a heart.

:yeah:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

Naito is exponentially more lame than Stone Cold and Daniel Bryan and it has nothing to do with his matches, which are fine

Counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_GHdD21ALw

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Cabana's legal advice?
I'm bourgeoisie.
I... hit the lovely
firemans carry knee.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Lukewarm KENTA cheering/booing has been altered due to music rights

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 5, 2020

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

tick tock naito-san

Mahal-ism

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

It's almost as if Naito is so popular and connects so well with fans that even crowds at baseball games sing his theme

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

oh but seriously I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHnt9dOjPnI

edit: somebody quote this & embed i always gently caress it

Wherein Suzuki and Ibushi tag-team Godzilla :allears:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

The Fale dojo is more oriented towards getting trainees ready to do wrestling at all and prepare them for the NJPW dojo than making a NJPW star out of them (which kinda explains Michael Richards) so it wouldn't be too weird for them to coexist.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Any given member of LIJ or Suzuki-gun vs Yano in a singles match is pretty much always guaranteed to be at least 8 stars.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Naito vs Tanahashi is always extremely good and hasn't been done since the 2017 G1, I'd be surprised if Tana didn't get a challenge in for the IC or IWGP belts this year against Naito.

e: Tana does also have that victory against Naito in a multiman from late 2019 which Naito wants to avenge for what it's worth :v:

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Feb 12, 2020

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Actually I think you'll find this G1 is going to the Loose Explosion, YOSHI-HASHI :colbert:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I really want Jay White to be banished to 205 live

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I can only dream of being Daryl II, from the universe where Fale was never born and Daryl defeats Naito and Hiromu in a triple threat at Wrestle Kingdom 16

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Kitamura's a full time bodybuilder now

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

The winner of the New Japan Cup will be someone who has lost a special singles match at Wrestle Kingdom while the loser of the IWGP heavyweight championship match at Wrestle Kingdom will lose in the first round.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

MASTER HEATER
WITH THAT drat STICK
OH COME ON

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

fadmonkey posted:

I hope everything starts back again

:smith:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Tomohiro Ishii vs Zack Sabre Jr

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Tetsuya Naito will break Kazuchika Okada's record for the longest title reign with the IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

What about Cody :colbert:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Kota Ibushi vs a kaiju
Kota Ibushi vs a regular pen
Kota Ibushi vs a telephone

What's next, Kota Ibusbi vs a bicycle?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

I look forward to MJeff's posts about KENTA being a bad heel as all of Osaka Dome rains down boos on him

This but unironically.

gently caress, I even miss being called a Naitailure. Is this how far we've fallen?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I can't wait for Tetsuya Naito vs Hiromu Takahashi vs Kota Ibushi vs Kazuchika Okada vs Taiji Ishimori in the first ever 4 night Wrestle Kingdom

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

TomohOI *slap* HOI *slap* HOI *slap* HOI *slap* HOI *slap* HOI *slap*

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Here is my definitive power ranking for all currently active Seigi-gun wrestlers

Yuji Nagata

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Someone please crop that face he's making in the second panel, god drat

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I just noticed the NJPW lion is wearing its own little mask :3:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

IceAgeComing posted:

He gets paid a decent amount of money (I assume; it doesn't sound like anyone in NJPW is wrestling for nothing) to wrestle a lot of multi-man tags for the second biggest company in Japan; he never really has to work hard or shift up a few gears outside a couple of matches a year and its pretty much guaranteed that he'll be there until he retires unless he upsets people. In the big scheme of things; I'd consider that a success - sure he doesn't have the accolades or the money of wrestlers higher up the card but also I'm certain that he's a lot less beaten up than them so it all comes around in the end.
When you put it like that I want to be YOSHI-HASHI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

jay white should always be in 205 live because he loving sucks