Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1214789683617550336

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like maybe a newer LA Dojo guy?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

2.5 for Goto/Kenta huh

time to stop paying attention to the old man

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It sure did

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/missmonomyth/status/1218016452776800257?s=19 speaking of

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

So what's with the rainmaker name? Does it mean like it means here, with throwin' money around, and if so, it's that why there's a coin drop?

Yeah, he's got money rain entrances for a lot of his big matches.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

EVGA Longoria posted:

Rocky Romero is basically replacing Ibushi in all of his matches.

Rocky had the best NJPW match last year so I can't be too mad about this

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Which ones

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Also looks like NJPW is going to end up on Viceland. Americans will have to let me know how that compares to being on AXS

I've heard of it thanks to Desus and Mero and I don't watch TV, so it's probably better compared to a channel nobody I know has ever seen

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Goto liking horse sashimi and Sanada saying his favorite food is wine are both entirely unsusprising

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

he took that one bump from his enzuigiri entirely on his shoulder, I don't know that he'd be doing anything that could hit his head again

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/ibushi_kota/status/1223989586063327233

guess he's feeling better

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

There's a few ZSJ vs Chuck Taylor matches that make me think it's going to be great, too. If you've only seen Chuck in AEW and NJPW he's kind of just been a dedicated pin taker but their PWG title match in 2017 (I think it was on Pushin Forward Back?) is incredible and very similar to a current Moxley match. They also have a no ring falls count anywhere one in a bar that doesn't have great wrestling exactly but does show a lot of Zack working a way more chaotic match than his normal NJPW stuff.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's Yoshi-Hashi in that 6-man on the 22nd, not Goto wrestling twice that night.

RPG3K vs Mega Coaches seems like it could be a really fun match.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 10, 2020

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

harperdc posted:

I guarantee Deathmatch Dustin got excited on a tour once a couple years back and talked about the 76ers Trusting the Process and Jay just stored that one away as an idea for later.

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/dust-the-process.html

Seems quite possible

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SANADA's last singles championship was in the TNA X-Division

EVIL's last and only was 10 days as NEVER champ in 2016

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

In his case I kinda assume he'd rather not keep flying his enormous self to japan if he doesn't have to

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

They haven't canceled shows at the end of the month yet so there's a chance they really sprint through the cup then (which you could do by cutting undercard tags), but they haven't actually said anything

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gedo's probably in town for the Bullet Club thing anyways (and probably to talent scout), right? Got to keep an eye on his boys.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

Let's say NJPW doesn't come back until WK.

What main event would you run?

Naito vs Hiromu

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Benne posted:

Let's say in an alternate universe a more carny Gedo runs with it and books White/Barnett for the Dome. What would that match even look like?

probably really good

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

the real danger of doing G1 and BOSJ at the same time is Ospreay is going to try and convince them to put him in both, and will explode on night 9

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

take the moon posted:

I thought Cody ruled in njpw. At least for a while. He just sux everywhere else

rando thought: Teddy hart. Scumbag club. Is he alive somewhere and only partially strung out? bupe him up enough to moves on bushi

I haven't checked recently but there's a good chance he's in prison or something

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I have very fond memories of drinking zima in a convention parking lot with people I had just met so it's always going to be good, to me

plus the bottle is neat

Edit so as to not double post:

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1274160337479012352
holy poo poo this is a hell of a series of photos

Draxion fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 20, 2020

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1276628805340344320?s=19
NJPW Twitter calling Yoshi-Hashi a dumbass

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I'm sorry, are they saying Yoshi-Hashi fights with his HEART? Guy looks like he wouldn't bother kicking out of a body slam.

He ran so hard to go protect Okada from Jay White that he tripped and took himself out of action for like two months

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

In 2017 specifically you probably want to see like... Destruction in Hiroshima, Destruction in Kobe, King of Pro Wrestling, Power Struggle, the World Tag League finals, the Road to Tokyo Dome shows, and then obviously Wrestle Kingdom 12 and New Year Dash

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1279441866266533890

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

I just wanted to talk about magic circles...

They're good op

A circle is already pretty sick, if you make it magic that's even better

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Given the state of the US I suspect management is probably happy to tell them to please stay home.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

At least one burning hammer per wato match.

He'll bring back Ibushi's 24 Sai

Draxion fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 11, 2020

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It'd be better than any of the Okada/Omega matches

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Master Wato/Kanemaru

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Is there a way for him to ripcord into the STO?

Pretty easily, yeah. Do the ripcord to spin someone around and then just grab them for the STO

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I would never write off a man who, upon hearing he's going to be debuting as a martial artist gimmick called the Grandmaster, decides to go get gear that makes him look like some sort of pajamas wizard. He's got dangerous depths, is what that says to me

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

God I didn't notice the Wato logo on his glove before

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Is it possible he MEANT to do the Ibushi double knee-sault and just overshot?

Didn't he do one in the match with DOUKI? You might be right.

Not that I want to take anything away from the Flipping Wrist-Crusher he did here

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

That match was really good

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Have you seen how hard the young lions go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

are you implying Chase is NOT on the case??