Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

sa has signatures, right? wanna have this gif on every post i make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i love new japan ref bumps. the new japan crowd so much wants clean, respectful matches that a simple ref bump is a loving nuclear heat generator. it's part of why i love it even more when it's jay white, cause the crowd knows he's legit and could stand with their best, but he is a dick.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on night one of wk14, when ibushi did the nakamura spot against okada, the crowd sounded like a bolt of loving lightning when they screamed YEEAAAHOOOH

it was awesome

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i agree with those, so they must be right

cams
Mar 28, 2003

for me personally i enjoyed okada/ibushi waaaaaaaay more than okada/naito, but that's possibly because the first had some drama of my being unsure in the outcome. from the second okada beat kota, i was certain naito was winning night 2, and nothing in the match had me questioning it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

*Turns on Fantasticamania*

*Sees Jushin Liger climb into the ring*

https://twitter.com/CheeseburgerROH/status/1214974522446811138?s=20

cams
Mar 28, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

kenta is right and he is the protagonist of new japan 2020

cams
Mar 28, 2003

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

If Kota never reunites with Kenny, what are we even doing here?
this is genuinely how i feel about wrestling as a whole right now

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i like that aew exists so if an american leaves njpw, they can work in america, make good money, AND potentially be on a good wrestling show

aew is still way below njpw because being on television is inherently AWFUL for wrestling quality, but it's not like going to wwe where you may as well not exist any more as a wrestler

cams
Mar 28, 2003

new japan should have had special shirts for the long beach shows! like, snoop dogg in the njpw logo smoking a huge blunt! or gentrification!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"i respect that guy beating the poo poo out of tetsuya naito" - the world, 2020

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am a pretty big nerd who reads the internet wrestling stuff and i didn't know until right now that ospreay broke his heel

i mean i get thinking that people who go to shows are the top level nerds reading the internet wrestling nerd blogs, but what if some of them just watch the wrestling

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh but seriously I posted:

ALIENS BUILT THE TOKYO DOME~!
to store grain

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i mean, look at the cards. they can't have thought they were gonna be huge.

i said a while ago i thought they were easing off the gas for the us expansion after letting kenny and the gang go, but most people disagreed

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Carlioo posted:

Well, yeah, they just announced an american subsidiary, obviously most people would think they're going all in on an US expansion. Maybe they'll ease off on it now, but we'll have to wait and see what the reactions are.
but they didn't really announce an american subsidiary, they essentially announced they were opening an office in the us. i saw it more as refocusing us efforts to center around brief, low profile tours and the la dojo. i just don't think expansion in the us is a priority any more.

that said, if they'd just run chicago they'd sell out whatever they tried, and quick.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

kota vs chase was gonna be his njpw retirement match but kota got sick so now he just has to be sad and alone

cams
Mar 28, 2003

karmicknight posted:

I also love the official new japan English policy of ‘gently caress you, its not a spoiler it happened already’
i unironically do

cams
Mar 28, 2003

that owned

cams
Mar 28, 2003

you guys get really in to the whole "pretend taichi is good" joke

cams
Mar 28, 2003

kenta should beat naito

edit: https://twitter.com/thistle_burr/status/1224320131205124096?s=20

cams fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 3, 2020

cams
Mar 28, 2003

kenta > taichi > naito

cams
Mar 28, 2003

chromecast is still my recommended njpw viewing device of choice

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yano vs kenny from 2017 might be my favorite yano match ever. yano vs mox is tied because the story was too perfect.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Carlioo posted:

The best part of the Suzuki interview is his thoughts on retirement:
my unironic beliefs about 95% of active wrestlers over 40

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Redundant posted:

Hiromu deserves nothing but the best.

Time for match 2 of Okada v Omega. The first may well have been the best wrestling match I have ever seen so you know... no pressure or anything for the rematch.

wanna hear something hosed up

okada and omega's first title match is the worst of the 3 according to king wrestling nerd dave meltzer

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this is peak "wrestling fans are gossipy bitches who live for drama"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i had to cover overnights this week and i could be watching njpw at work if it weren't for the stupid virus with a stupid high mortality rate causing a stupid global pandemic

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i paid for njpw world this month

cams
Mar 28, 2003

...what is japan's mental health support system like? someone please help taichi

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in a bit of selfish indulgence, i came across a tweet i made the day the njpw cup brackets were announced and it made me very sad to think about what has been taken from us.

will ospreay vs shingo, kota vs zsj, nagata v suzuki... i miss the best wrestling :(

cams
Mar 28, 2003

when kenny took over from AJ i was like "look, that guy's funny and interesting, but he is NOT a heavyweight main eventer!"

and it turned out i was right and kenny omega never did anything important

cams
Mar 28, 2003

imo the very first show back, naito should be dropping the belts to okada. i could understand someone thinking that not having any shows for months means that naito should still have a substantive run, but they're wrong give us our king back in these harrowing times.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if we're sincere posting, naito v hiromu would be a waste of hiromu and i'd want him against a better opponent.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bliz cliz for liz blizzy

karl was around for my early njpw viewing but i never much respected him, seeing his singles work in the g1 and such helped. would be happy to see him breathing with the switchblade.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i should be legally allowed to murder whoever it was that told me will ospreay refers to himself as a "sex pig"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Rarity posted:

Did he really need to stand there with his junk in our face first though?
my girlfriend said "yes"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

kota ibushi has probably started having sex by performing a moonsault directly into penetration, right?

he's at least asked if someone was okay with it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

quick, someone show him maria's butt to see if he starts doing a very weird dance for some reason

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I really want one of these dumb fanny packs to carry dog treats but they're $50 USD.

where do i buy one i'll do it right now i don't give a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

thinking about a sanada/goto main event title match makes me miss wrestling less

jk i really really miss njpw i'd watch Mikey Whipwreck vs Togi Makabe right now i'm so thirsty