Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Akanesasu Shoujo is good as heck. Extremely silly, extremely gay, and surprisingly powerful when it gets serious. It’s a weird mess of a show but I loved it. Was just thinking about it again recently and I’m glad I’m not the only one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

gay is good

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

I watched Utena for the first time a few months ago and I was kind of surprised at how aggressively het it was for such an iconic Gay Show™. I enjoyed it generally, but it sure wasn't what I expected from everything I'd heard about it over the years.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Candidate For Goddess was remarkable in how insanely bad it was

The Colonel posted:

the gay stuff is honestly way stronger in the movie and, weirdly, the saturn game. though the het routes in the saturn game range from kinda funny to not great and there are more of them than gay routes, and while saionji's is funny it really doesn't work dramatically and the bonus anthy ending and most of juri's scenes are way funnier than anything in his route

half of juri's route is just her kicking your rear end at fighting games, it owns

The movie was quite an experience, and yeah it was definitely played up more in there. I'm still just not really entirely sure what to make of Utena as a whole. I've read about it but I just didn't see a lot of the things in it that other people see.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

i watched akanesasu shoujo

what did you think

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

growing up in the 90s and early 2000s, i almost never heard the word queer used, but "gay" was the inescapable derogative du jour for absolutely anything anyone thought was stupid or bad or Too Girly

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

mmm, i guess it was a generational thing then.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

i want to catch up on watamote because i'm interested in getting to the parts where she actually makes friends, but every time i try i see there's like 9999999999 chapters remaining until then and i give up

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

akanesasu is silly as hell and that's part of what's so good about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

hakata tonkotsu ramens was amazing and deserved more attention, lin is an absolute icon, season 2 when?