Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I'm not sure if I should ask here or in the shoujo thread but any recommendations for completed manga with a trans main character (or at least part of the main "group" if that applies) that's not overly tragic or sad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

RWBY got a trans character this season. Sadly it's a background character that speaks I think once.

https://twitter.com/KdinJenzen/status/1206990507584262144?s=19

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Walrus posted:

For the record, I can see that YOI was doing a deliberate thing with its story about the nature of celebrity. Most of the show is presented through TV cameras, social media, and short, disconnected snippets of the characters' lives. Most of the development of Viktor and Yuri's relationship happens off-screen, and their kiss is blocked because the fictional 'camera' is at the wrong angle. It's an interesting exploration of our parasocial relationship with public figures, and how we piece together their personal lives from the fragments they give us, but I can totally see how it would be unsatisfying if you're looking for a conventional romance.

Huh, you just sold me on Yuri on Ice. That sounds incredibly interesting.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

everythingWasBees posted:

like you can definitely make that read I guess but like that would be a terrible way to describe the show.

:smith:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

wow, that was incredibly cute and sweet.

also this is universally relatable

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 16, 2020

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Wait, I thought the manga was bad.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

RottenK posted:

foreverialy ojou-sama-ified and loving it

/r/ojouhypno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Space Flower posted:

the airhead princess and the stray cat being gay is the emotional crux of the show

for a second I thought you were talking about she-ra