Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Boy this thread went places when page 5 hit

Anyway read Magical Trans/MagiTora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

I still don't know how I feel about that.

Did the MC ever actually indicates he (she?) is actually interested in staying female or just liked dressing up in fetish outfits as a woman?

I missed this post initially, sorry! I was considering how to respond to this but I think this poster put it best:

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

I burned through magical trans after seeing all the talk about it. There are some problematic bits, but overall I'm enjoying it a lot. also Opon is adorable no matter what anyone else says

It's definitely not *ideal* but it's definitely enjoyable and still a country mile better then the majority of manga/anime that touches on gender issues, IMO. Which is setting a low bar, but y'know.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

It's pretty universal that Rin has the hots for BSaber

Aurora posted:

I keep meaning to ask, and I guess this is as good a place as any, but does that character from your av/the setting have more material? I've seen the 3 music videos on YouTube but wasn't sure if that was All She Wrote™️

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Seems more like a monopoly board then bingo. Can I put a hotel on "It has vampires"?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mikl posted:

It's super gay (and also trans, probably).

That probably should be changed to a "so trans that it's painfully relatable" and also what Ziegedame said

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mikl posted:

Everyone stop what you're doing and read this

https://mangadex.org/title/31395/i-turned-my-childhood-friend-into-a-girl

It's super gay (and also trans, probably).

Also hi thread, I had no idea this thread existed, I stumbled upon it by chance. Hello!

The author has said on twitter that this has been picked up for serialization - so there's one more already made chapter and then the serial version will start when it starts

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

i agree, the protag of only sense online should just admit they are happier and virtual date all the ladies that are into them

I'm late but

(Also oh my god someone else who reads OSO)

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I dunno the prevailing opinion about it in general but Boku No Girl has a initially straight male!MC who questions their attractions upon being genderbent but it's also super duper anime-mainstream-genderbender-y (atleast to start) and a bit too slapstick with it's comedy so I sometimes hesitate to recommend it as "trans" manga

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I've just finished re-reading Bakarina (which is still v. good and very one sidedly gay since Bakarina is made of depleted uranium).

I've not read much new stuff lately other then the latest chapters of the usual stuff I follow, so I might pick up one of the eternal backlog things like kakeochi girl or on a non-lgbt front kakushigoto

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, I'm pretty sure that Katarina herself is bi. It's just that she can't wrap her brain around the idea that any of her friends could possibly be romantically interested in her.

Yeah, she's definitely into Mary and Sophia, just too dumb to realize it's reciprocal. I mostly mentioned it being one-sided since I know some people really hate the harem/reverse harem trope of "dense protagonists", even though Bakarina does it way better then most.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

Hey fellow lgbt anime/manga/VN fans!

I watched the all the anime released episodes and immediately got all the light novels I could from BookWalker. I absolutely love the series and it definitely has a lot of gay elements.

For one thing, Mary is one of the most proactive gay love interests I’ve ever seen in fiction, Sophia is trying to hook up Katharine with her brother so that she could be with her forever and Maria definitely has the hots for her. While Katrina is probably mostly straight, she’s probably a 1 or possibly a 2 on the Kinsey scale because with the way the light novel is written, she definitely finds Maria more attractive than the average female and has repeatedly stated that she’d instantly marry her if she was a guy.

It’s good poo poo.

I have to say my favourite Maria moment is early on when she's just like "Yeah I learned how to dance the man's part of this dance so I can fuckin' dance the night away with you" because it's so wonderfully proactive and anti-wallflower

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

I know! It’s absolutely great! I don’t know how much of the manga/light novel people have read, but hearing her and Alan stay together even after Alan wants to call off the arrangement because he realises he loves Katarina. She states that she’d just be married off immediately to some random noble if they broke up their engagement and flatly tells him she’s not interested in him and is trying to chase a forbidden love (Katarina). Mary then convinces Alan to spy on Jerold and gets her in her alliance to prevent Jerold from making moves on Katarina.

Mary also talks about how she’s been trying to deceive Alan about his feelings for Katarina so that she could have less rivals and also keeps on going on about how hard being nobility is and how she could never fulfill the roles so that Katarina would be even more flustered about it and would hesitate to get with her fiancé.

The sheer Machiavellian schemes she comes up with try and stay with Katarina is immensely impressive and she’s one of my favourite characters because of it.

I'm up to date (I think?) on the manga but I'm guessing the LN is well ahead as normal.

But yeah I loved the "ah gently caress I've been trying to keep Alan from realizing this" facepalm from her. She's so affably evil

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I know the thread likes akanesasu shoujo but what's the elevator pitch?

I want to sell it to my girlfriend for shared watching but "the other gays like it" is a tough pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Thank you both!

Makes it a lot easier to recommend