Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I definitely understand how Wark feels, and honestly I've always wondered about that sort of thing myself.

Like, for most of my life I identified as 'straight' but in like the last few years that's changed pretty hard but at the same time, I don't feel particularly bi either? It feels like I can't comfortably describe where my likes and dislikes fall on any spectrum beyond the individual person and a handful of attributes. Is there a good term for that feeling? Cuz like, honestly it's confusing af. Like even now I'm second guessing posting because I'm not sure if that's good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks a bunch for this, I just powered through half of it and it's really hitting me hard. Kind of mixing between Yuki and Mayu.

I know I kinda said my piece earlier but like, I don't consider myself valid in any sense. I generally don't have immediate physical attraction to guys and have problems with abrasive or forcefulness but at the same time I feel uncomfortable around girls and don't get along very well with them either. Honestly the best friends I've had were either trans or femme guys, and while I've always wanted to try that sort of thing for myself, I recognize that I'm way too ugly to every try to do something like that. As such, I'm not sure where I fall on any spectrum outside of 'bi I guess', but at the same time only liking girlish guys makes me feel like that's too straight to be right for LGBT+ spaces but at the same time I don't feel straight enough to just be comfortable with saying I'm all straight either. Not to mention I don't know where just normal social anxiety ends and LGBT+ spectrums start and gah.

I don't even know if this is the right place to talk about this sort of thing, so I'm okay with being told 'disappear cis trash' if I'm intruding.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, my interpretation of the 'no allyposting' thing kinda had me thinking more along the lines of 'cis-adjacent need not apply' so that's my bad. And yeah, I have enough friends in various LGBT+ circles to know that there are times I'm better off just butting out because it's not my place that at best I kinda default to certain defeatist mindsets, sorry. Self-loathing is a curse that's hard to get out of.

Anyways, Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome is real fuckin' cute and I can't stop reading it. Fujieda's my favorite, despite what I said about identifying with other characters earlier.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Also, I'm sure someone might know what this manga I read a while back but it was basically a kinda BL manga where it was an all boys school but a bunch of students crossdressed because of one reason or another? I started reading it a long time ago but didn't get far and forgot the name and was interested in checking it out again to see if it was good, and it does seem relevant considering the earlier talk about otome danshi.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I found the manga I was thinking about earlier, turns out it's called Reversible. I'm still working my way through Prunus and Otome Danshi so I won't start on it right now but I knew I didn't imagine it.

Also I know it's not a manga but does anyone read Mage & Demon Queen? I am a big fan of the princess that just got introduced.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, I just finished Prunus Girl and man, now I'm intensely depressed.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't play FF14 because I want stuff like iframes and perfect attacks in games, so I play pso2 instead, that's close enough. And it's my own personal dysphoria assuager, so that's relevant enough, right?

My MCast and FCast:

Making cute guys in this game is extremely hard but I feel extremely satisfied when I manage to actually do it. Lets me get the happiness of doing and wearing things I could never get away with in reality by virtue of having poo poo like broad shoulders that will never be able to make any form-accentuating outfit look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So uh, I'm sorry for kinda being cagey about the issue and stuff but is there a decent, non-public place to ask questions wrt a handful of potential lgbt issues? idk, I'm kinda split in a lot of ways and don't exactly know where the proper places to even start asking are