Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm trans and I'm anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'm one of the many many many trans people who read/watched ranma 1/2 in their youth and thought "How is that a curse" and "Oh how wonderful would it be if my shower suddening started expelling spring of drowned girl water"

I didn't put together that that's what I was thinking But here we are

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Grindr is a very lovely app filled with terrible people but sometimes you just reinstall it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sometimes things need to get done and there's an easy way to do them

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I feel very be iffy about how Moyashimon handles Kei to be honest. It can never seem to decide how to treat her. Positive/negative, trans girl or cis crossdresser, and ultimately chickens out on her and Tadayasu.

I suppose it's still better than most though, and certainly Hasegawa doesn't give a gently caress.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean I'll always have mixed feelings but yeah Kei and Hasegawa own and the sheer Style Power radiating off them and French Kei is completely absurd

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh wow candidate for goddess

Looking at it, I must have read like a random volume of this at some point but boy I remember nothing about it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah but in my version they're all gay as poo poo

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Magical Trans is caught in a push and pull of wanting to play it all off as a joke and having MC melt into a puddle of ooze when prevented from going girlmode.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

I feel like the former kinda paints the latter in a negative light.

Yeah that's where I keep coming up short with it. It's cute, and a lot of things about it are Very Real, but ultimately Minami's wants are pretty much always treated as a joke so

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I know what you are Wark

A really cool person

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Give "I was born in the wrong sex" a read

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

Also I found out the femme4femme couple in the outlawed butch butch love dystopia manga looks like this so i'm finally gonna read it

That's actually the butch couple dressed as femmes

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Post them yourself when you read it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

is... is he tied up?

I see your unfamiliar with the Dis Library of Congress collection

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've never read the prunus

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've never read Prunus but Vampiress Lord rules and I miss its insane lesbian power

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Himegoto is a giant pile of garbage and I love to roll around in it and eat it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

the good Himegoto is good actually

I never said it wasn't

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My egg show was Ranma. "Wish the spring was real. Just to know. Who wouldn't want to know? It might even be better!"

That was at 10. I didn't figure it out til 27, gently caress

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The delicious melodramatic trash heap is himegoto

The other one is a lovely, dime a dozen comedy about crossdressing to go to a girl's school or something

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's also several trans characters,most notably Da Vinci.

I dunno that I'm going to give them points for it, cause they're kinda poo poo about it, but the characters exist.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just think it's worth noting when they gently caress up, for as much as I'm glad as she's around.

Though in terms of side eyes nothing quite gets me like making D'eon of all people LESS feminine than irl. (E: Bees'd)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Da Vinci is definitely an aspect that varies from writer to writer, much like FGO in general, but that just means you get really annoying backslides. Like for example by the time Camelot rolls around the main story has shifted to totally treating her correctly, but then you get to Shinjuku and Higashide is having SHERLOCK HOLMES of all characters forgetting her pronouns.

E: to clarify the D'eon thing, I think it's weird and indeed bad to take a figure who is so unambiguously a transwoman we used to call being trans Deonism or something, and then changing that figure so you can treat them interchangeably with Astolfo.

And I say that despite liking Astolfo.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 5, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like D'eon's design, at least. And that Marie had a crush on D'eon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Arturia's input in that scene technically is minimal

Rin's all in though

E: ^ I mean I skipped agartha put my understanding Is it in fact gets quite bad

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ahhh, ok. Honestly fate seems rather impenetrable to me lol

https://twitter.com/ivyfriday/status/1224902060920975362?s=19

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

Another FGO thing is off the top of my head can't you give/get chocolate from both genders of servants regardless of which you are?

I think Nasu once said "Mash's relationship with the female MC is platonic" but uh, if you say so. :v:
Well it's not always chocolate

Fergus gives you the key to his room

Emiya Alter gives you a loving gun

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Moriarty's is the best anyway

Which is fitting because he is himself the best

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It has some very mood moments

But also I guess it just got canned because that's not an ending even though it is one

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I forgot who the director was that said she never liked to show characters kissing in her series on screen, she'd usually cut to the feet, because she wanted to give the characters privacy.

I mean that could not be further from Sayo yamamoto's way of rolling so not the case here but it's cute

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Witch's Servant and The Demon Lords Horns is a very bizarre series because it feels like two series are just stapled together. One is whenever the demons are around, and it's the worst garbage you can find and certainly almost stopped me from reading anymore of it. The other is an insanely good as hell queer fantasy romcom, which is whenever the demons are not around and instead the main cast are just hanging around in their house being idiots.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I read a little bit of Hibari and a lot of a Hibari/Ranma crossover fanfic because I've got brain problems

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ranma is good.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sometimes you need a bad translation to get to the heart of the matter

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Another new chapter of the witch's servant and the magical poly gay halfway house

https://mangadex.org/chapter/876785/1

It's still real good

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Personally I prefer Arsenyo/Eric even though yes that was clearly not how this was ever going to go

It's still very cute though

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Witch's Servant continues to be Witch's Servant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've got no time for Sauro honestly.