Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm enjoying Vampeerz.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/121226/Vampeerz

From the maker of Prism so that may be a good or a bad thing, depending on your perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Not all asexual people are aromantic.

That said you could do a story about someone having to overcome the expectations of their family as an asexual person, or you could do a comedy like Saiki K where your lead goes about more and more elaborate plans to avoid the affections of those around them.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Oh you can definitely do it, you just need to invert the typical setup for the protagonist. Start them off in a relationship and over the course of the story they realize it's not necessary and doesn't make them happy.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Hakumei and Mikochi?

Edit: Got beat.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Finished prunis girl and lol at the end where he still refuses to have sex even after a year+ of dating

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

my go to is always double house but does not meet all the preqs established

The cafe one works too tho that is non-binary instead of transgirl... It does have two trans ladies tho

Fukakai na Boku no Subete wo?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

New chapter of Vampeerz

https://mangadex.org/chapter/865994

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Changing genres midway through a series.

Taking an express trip with Truck-kun to Isekai land.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Isn't that webtoon just a rip-off of "goblin is strong"?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

What? No? It's completely different. I have absolutely no idea what makes you think that.

Absurdly strong antagonist/love interest/friend interest female demon Lord/goblin who repeatedly defeats the female protagonist, killing them and their party, over and over despite the overtures they make to them.

Same respawn mechanic wherein the dead adventures turn into caskets immediately wherein they're teleported to the church for revival, and the revival costs money, which if they fail to pay they die forever.

The antagonist love interest ends up killing the protagonist so many times they that legitimately endanger their ability to revive due to lack of funds.

This causes them to realize their affection for the protagonist and sets off the series of events that lead to them befriending each other.

The peculiarities of the story differ of course what the broad story beats and setting are the same between the two.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

In the spirit of the last 20-30 posts, what are some good trans manga/webcomics

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

??? I didn't -make- you misunderstand me. I'm sorry if you have some trauma in your past that causes you to react to things beyond what other people expect, believe me I get that whole-heartedly. And I'm sorry if it caused some pain for you. But I don't have control over your brain so ultimately how you respond to things is entirely under your own control.

Ultimately I was commenting on the lack of het trans stuff that I could find, and qualifying that with my own observations about this thread. That's it. Assuming 'gimmick' is a remark on you (in the broad sense here) is an overreaction, and honestly I have no idea what calling lesbian sexuality a 'gimmick' is supposed to mean, anyways. Could y'all please tell me where your minds are going there?

Recs would be nice, but people have asked in the past and nothing has really come of it, unfortunately :/

"How to make a "girl" fall in love" would be a get trans romance right?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

https://mangadex.org/title/57158/a-boy-that-can-t-stop-crossdressing

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

I was about to say yeah.
Also i like hero who pulled the sword

Itís good

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

lih posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/40317/ore-ga-watashi-ni-naru-made

this is surprisingly good about growing up with gender issues, much better than i would have thought from the description & premise

Isn't this sort of the opposite of a trans-inclusive story? It's about someone who's gender doesn't match up with their body, so they have to change their gender to match their body?

In terms of a story about learning not to bully people and all, it achieves its goal fine, but if you're reading this for a trans-positive one, it's like the opposite of that.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I guess gender dysphoria could be resolved either way, but the medical evidence is that changing the gender to match the sex is ineffective, but the reverse is effective.

Edit: this oversimplifies it since it ignores intersex, but ya know.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 11, 2021

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

He is a Magical Girl

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

renessia posted:

I don't think there's anything ambiguous about a girl yelling "i'm a girl!" and ripping her shirt open to reveal a trans flag bra and later wearing The Trans Jacket :p

but, case in point! many people take away many different things from the show. just try your best to do a charitable read if you give it a shot.

Was Momoe trans? I thought she was a CIS girl who wasn't traditionally beautiful and got called "handsome" which really bummed her out.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

99% of gender flipped stories do be like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

At the very least Witch's Servant does it's homework and reaches most of the right conclusions. Regardless of the author's standpoint.

I dropped it after it was the bull demon attempts to molest the MC in a new way this week for a while. Does that change?