Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Cuntellectual posted:

Does anyone remember what that one genderbend manga was called where the main character abruptly enters a cocoon at one point and it's never brought up again?

Someone mentioned at one point it has an interquel, and I forgot the name. (Though apparently it does the "well im a girl now so i guess i like guys" thing)

The first thing that came to mind reading this description was actually Tensei Shoujo Zukan :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Every once in a while I rediscover Tamen de Gushi and binge read it, and it is gay and cute every single time.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
The fabled platonic make out session

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
On the one hand corporations deliberately coding in enough cues to get The Gays interested but not so many that the straights catch it is hosed up & exploitative on a metatextual level, but on the other, folks being negative to other folks for taking something or another out of said products is not cool and also about 75% of Tumblr "discourse".

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

And also people really love accusing things that are blatant of being 'coding.'

That's a thornier issue, as you can't really generalize perception like that. What comes across as obvious to one doesn't to another.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

my favorite genre of yuri manga is "want this to happen to me, me personally, snooze cruise"

:same:

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I'd platonically date Scar

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

3. I've read so much Ranma fan fiction. SO MUCH. I probably have a highly idealised version of the characters in mind, based on what the fandom consensus is, and I don't want to ruin them by re-reading the canon version.

To be honest, fan fiction is quite often better, and more interesting than canon.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Acerbatus posted:

Was it this thread or another one that established egg is kind of a bad term?

Anyways, there are male-identifying people who do like to dress up very cutely. I don't know how Hiura identifies, but I am glad they are expressing themselves in a way they enjoy.

That was more in response to some folks overzealously labeling real people eggs, less so with interpretations of fictional characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Heres a cute little story in the BL genre of 'guyXguy who looks like girl'

https://mangadex.org/title/46323

The art style in this is really cute