Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

What's the series?

Love Me For What I Am, a manga about a non-bingary teenager working at a crossdressing-themed café.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

just binged all of Witch's Servant and noticed the last 50 chapters all got released in like the last five minutes, how close is the translation to catching up with the original so i can be emotionally prepared having to wait months at a time for more?

also i hope Rei messes up Sauro again

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

This seems like an interesting manga, though I’m not sure how I feel about “I wanted to wear pretty clothes so the universe made me a girl”. Seems very :biotruths:.

this is a comic where a character explicitly says that sex, gender and sexuality are separate things and it's only narrow-mindedness that causes people to conflate them, so you don't have to terribly worry about that

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Almost fully caught up with Witch's servant and I have some mixed feelings on this current arc. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but it seems kinda weird for the series to clearly understand how your physical body and your gender/sexual orientation aren't linked yet having Arsenio act so different as a girl and instantly fall in love with his friend kinda rubs me the wrong way...I'm not even opposed to it in concept, just him suddenly getting all emotional and girly when there was 0 of that at all with his personality before seems weird. IDK.

given every time Arsenio mentioned or thought about Sauro he had a wistful smile on his face, i'm pretty sure the intention was that he was always in love with him, but his catholic upbringing meant he basically refused to acknowledge his feelings as romantic.

as for acting differently in a female body, i'm still waiting to see how they act when Arsenio's in a male body. dude's always been pretty passive romantically and easily flustered and Sauro is uh, pretty aggressive in his pursuit so those are probably bigger factors than having a different body

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

when i heard there was a prequel comic i hoped it was about Vivian prior to contracting thornitis and not set in super catholic land. kinda put it on the backburner when i found out

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Eric explicitly identifies as a man. the translation also uses "he" for Rei, but from what i'm told apparently Japanese doesn't use gendered pronouns the way English does, so the translator has to make judgement calls there and you could argue that "they" would be more appropriate.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

if an offsite happens maybe we'll finally get rid off buying others' avatars so this poo poo stops happening

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

The tgrs thread can't hurt you anymore

wasn't "fyad can't hurt you anymore" as a response being woefully insufficient one of the reasons an off-site was even made

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

skaianDestiny posted:

What was the name of this again?

https://mangadex.org/title/39536/a-manga-about-a-hero-who-pulled-out-the-holy-sword-and-became-a-girl

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I just found an excellent heavy story about a gay boy struggling over reconciling his sexuality with Japanese society-- trying to 'act normal' and not hate himself for being gay-- as well as the disparity between the relative popularity of BL/GL/Yaoi/Yuri vs real life homosexuality. He loves the sex with his (much) older lover but he wants to seem like a 'normal' high school boy and get a girl friend. Obviously, he has difficulties in that aspect, and the angst is just so delicious.

lmao at the translator note about how it's not homophobic to bully and ostracise someone with targeted homophobic slurs until your target jumps out a window

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the art is the best part of gunjo

as for the homo comic, the word choice weirds me out, but mostly because it's a word i've encountered like once every six months in the past five or more years and then suddenly bam it's like on every page and it feels super weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

personally i really hated how the part with the lesbian's ex went

i weirdly kinda grew up with this manga due to how long it took to release so i cant give a v useful summary beyond 'i like it'

i think i forgot that part until you mentioned it. tell me if i'm wrong but wasn't it like she finally accepts it's time to move on from her ex, but then just kinda randomly falls asleep in the bath rub and drowns? it sounds silly typing it out but i think that's how it went