Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

Love Stage starts off with a feminine looking young boy being used as a stand-in for a girl in what becomes (in universe) an iconic TV commercial, and the other boy never realizing it and growing up wishing to meet the girl from that day. Which is to say that the show initially starts off around a gender reveal and engages in a fair amount of laughs that people particularly sensitive to trans microaggressions won't take well to. After realizing our effeminate protag is a guy, the other dude has a crisis of sexuality for a little bit and then decides that it doesn't matter and persues a relationship with him anyway. Their relationship has a small amount of the "you know he truly loves you because he doesn't respect your refusal of consent" stuff that mainstream yaoi usually does.

I can only speak to wokeness as an outsider because I'm not as good of a trans ally as some other people are, but I can see some people being offended. You have to accept that this stuff is made for Japanese women who are often in toxic relationships with men who display misogynistic behaviors. It sucks for actual gays to see all this rape, but the intended audience is so is accustomed to a culture of men raping women, that men raping other men seems logical. If you're okay with things being 'problematic' sometimes, you'll be fine.

Read Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko op

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'm going to take that seriously because its a fascinating subject, albeit no where near even tangential to this thread

(ok maybe music mangas might mention it somewhere idk)

Pink noise is where the power spectral density (density being of course a value per other value like mass density) is inversely proportional to the frequency.

This part is cool:

In the past quarter century, pink noise has been discovered in the statistical fluctuations of an extraordinarily diverse number of physical and biological systems (Press, 1978;[7] see articles in Handel & Chung, 1993,[8] and references therein). Examples of its occurrence include fluctuations in tide and river heights, quasar light emissions, heart beat, firings of single neurons, and resistivity in solid-state electronics resulting in flicker noise.

General 1/f α noises occur in many physical, biological and economic systems, and some researchers describe them as being ubiquitous.[9] In physical systems, they are present in some meteorological data series, the electromagnetic radiation output of some astronomical bodies. In biological systems, they are present in, for example, heart beat rhythms, neural activity, and the statistics of DNA sequences, as a generalized pattern.[10] In financial systems, they are often referred to as a long-term memory effect[specify].

An accessible introduction to the significance of pink noise is one given by Martin Gardner (1978) in his Scientific American column "Mathematical Games".[11] In this column, Gardner asked for the sense in which music imitates nature. Sounds in nature are not musical in that they tend to be either too repetitive (bird song, insect noises) or too chaotic (ocean surf, wind in trees, and so forth). The answer to this question was given in a statistical sense by Voss and Clarke (1975, 1978), who showed that pitch and loudness fluctuations in speech and music are pink noises.[12][13] So music is like tides not in terms of how tides sound, but in how tide heights vary.

Pink noise describes the statistical structure of many natural images.[14] Recently, it has also been successfully applied to the modeling of mental states in psychology,[15] and used to explain stylistic variations in music from different cultures and historic periods.[16] Richard F. Voss and J. Clarke claim that almost all musical melodies, when each successive note is plotted on a scale of pitches, will tend towards a pink noise spectrum.[17] Similarly, a generally pink distribution pattern has been observed in film shot length by researcher James E. Cutting of Cornell University, in the study of 150 popular movies released from 1935 to 2005.[18]

Pink noise has also been found to be endemic in human response. Gilden et al. (1995) found extremely pure examples of this noise in the time series formed upon iterated production of temporal and spatial intervals.[19] Later, Gilden (1997) and Gilden (2001) found that time series formed from reaction time measurement and from iterated two-alternative forced choice also produced pink noises.[20][21]

whoa

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

i've come out to a few people by saying 'im a homo' because i saw a manga chapter on here years ago where a dude almost gets in a fight with another dude he doesn't know due to outside people egging him on and they end up making up and he tells the guy this really long story about how he got to this point and then te dude just says "im a homo" and the chapter ends and it was funny as hell to me. wish i knew what that was from...

alright, what's the 'i like homos' manga.

I wanna know what this is as well

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

read the edit man

There's so many manga on the last page I ain't reading all of them for a chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

the arts really fuckin good :blastu:

https://mangadex.org/title/34732/she-likes-homos-not-me

the other manga i referenced i nthat post i think i asked about in the seinen thread once years later and someone told me what it was but that was like years ago too

Ty :tipshat: