Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I mostly lurk on this thread for the recommendations but I also think it's a really nice community and I would be very sad to lose it. As for decamping, if the forums die bread and roses seems like the forum to go at the moment, in addition to any specific discord server. AFAIK it was set up recently as a more leftwing SA alternative without the decades of terrible baggage, and it seems like a nice place. It's good to keep the URL on hand in case the forums suddenly go down, at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

no, bnr is waiving the monetary requirement right now. just go through with registering without bothering with the invite code and wait for them to process your account (their doing it manually)

Yeah, I heard this was the case but didn't include it in the post because I wasn't 100% sure. But if you can spare $10 I'm sure they could use it to cover the sudden spike in users.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

please stop shilling bnr in this thread when something like this happens every time yall start posting here

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that there were issues with bnr. I only heard about it today and I figured it was worth sharing it in case SA went down at short notice. Won't do it again.