Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Rody One Half posted:

I see your unfamiliar with the Dis Library of Congress collection

is there a Dis Suspended Congress collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
wouldn't that be calling all of them up to mind along with middle school

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

holy poo poo aburako is cute

extreme forehead shine

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 31, 2020

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Rody One Half posted:

I don't remember her at all but looking at her stats she seems like a pretty bad unit

convert action gives another move to someone which is a busted combo with natori

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
after that chapter 1 i have to read this and see if they ever get their free popsicle

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah, she made it four yea—*is shot and torn apart by crows*

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i think laying your heart out to someone while you're slashing at them with a katana is a relationship goal so the knm finale always sticks out to me

and the scene a few eps before that where the demon lady is surrounding chikane with mirrors, and chikane is just realizing all the gay-coded stuff they (himechika) did was gay, because she was gay. good scene (also i felt it was really similar to the madomagi rebellion scene where kyubey confronts homura, but i watched knm right when rebellion came out)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ah, that riyo comic from ten years back

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i like HM05 Flash

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

okay the part of Notes of a Crocodile I can recall to make people think 'wow that's wacky' in a forum post is this guy the protagonist met years ago at an art camp sends her a letter one day wanting to meet up with her and he says in each subsequent letter he'll cut off one of his fingers and mail it to her. she ignores it and the next letter has a human finger in it. she agrees to meet him after this and he has all of his fingers intact, then i think they get drunk in a park and talk about wanting to abolish the concept of gender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErPjmXCEqLo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the airhead princess and the stray cat being gay is the emotional crux of the show but its also an ensemble gacha cast so its not always about them.

theres other scattered moments like the two rich girls where one is a venture capitalist who is constantly trying to compete with the other one who... runs an orphanage and is everyone's mom. the latter one coaxes the rich one into helping people and in the anime she goes "ive always loved how flexible you can be" as they eye each other up in swimsuits

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i have the impression of seeing this in multiple interviews, that when mangaka serialized in general magazines say "I'm not going to define/consider it yuri," it's a very measured response from someone being careful about how they affix meaning to their own work, rather than expressing it through the comic itself. To label something by a genre can codify it through years of archetypes and cliches. as Bloom Into You was ending, Nakatani Nio gave similar answers that acknowledged yuri but also distanced her work from the expectations. "I just write stories about human relationships."

There's a certain ambition to it, being serialized in general magazines. I think in some respects it's denying a tokenism. Like, "Bloom Into You isn't just an amazing yuri manga, it's an amazing manga." Saying that sort of thing, while regarding Bloom Into You among its peer manga in a huge shounen publication.

It's different if someone who is clearly a yuri fan like that twitter is saying it, because they just genuinely love that aspect and they aren't comparing Nettaigyo to the rest of a seinen magazine. And that's where the 'expression of sender and receiver' comes in.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
A section about 'just friendship' isn't in the tweet thread, and the part where they bring up yuri is, to be clear, that the mangaka says they aren't going to define it as yuri or say that it's wrong if someone else calls it yuri.

I wouldn't know if the deleted reply at the top was less neutral, but from what I see there's not really an authorial statement coming down. It's just "think of it what you will"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/haginomakoto/status/1099949198210781184

if you're talking about here it's like, "The approach from the store?" (I assumed this related to being advertised as yuri) "I don't want to deny it like "that's wrong!" but instead if I just continue to draw what I want to, I believe that eventually what I want to express—the world I want to depict will be conveyed. I will continue to draw with this wish in mind."

well, in any case this is like, a very unofficial twitter convo and I think mining all of your impressions of the manga from here is probably not what they want. 99.99% of people who read nettaigyo will not see this

however, i'm sure you could glean something about the mangaka from their numerous yuri doujinshi on dynasty scans

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
a motif would be recurring imagery/symbolism, basically. here it's the consistent references to them being in an hrpg

but fetish content by itself isn't really the purpose of the manga. every time they bring something like the hgame stat sheet it's setting up another "oh, you wanted to be a girl loved by girls" *mc blushes and looks down* panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
for a second i was glad for you and the quoted poster being so in tune