Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

ToxicFrog posted:

So, if I watched like a dozen episodes of Bleach and then dropped it with a resounding "meh", but liked the basic concept and setting, would this be interesting to me? Or do you have to have gotten much more into the original to appreciate it?

I never watched Bleach but I enjoyed it immensely anyway. From what other Bleach fans have said it treats the concepts and settings from canon with more respect than the original.

Rody One Half posted:

Number None freely tosses out large chunks of existing lore and changes pre-story canon outcomes as it likes anyway.

To be fair it's mostly the much-maligned Thousand Year Blood War arc stuff that gets tossed out, and some elements are still used from that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

thechosenone posted:

Don't go into those expecing the same sort of rep however).

PMAS is pretty lesbians to be fair.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

ToxicFrog posted:

Ok, I'm about a thousand pages into this (which is to say like 25% of the way through, this thing is massive) and really enjoying it

It does need a bit of preprocessing to be readable, though; in particular it starts with like ~100 pages of character sheets and XP logs which are (a) completely irrelevant if you just want to read the story and (b) full of spoilers, since they reflect the state of the characters at the end of the story, not the beginning

Some of the posts also end with dozens of pages of vote logs which can be pruned without losing anything of value

But having done that, it's really tasty. Thank you for the recommendation!

Oh just to make it easier for you to read each actual story post has a link at the bottom/top of the post to bring you straight to the next story post. It's part of the threadmark system. The second link in my post is purely story posts too.

If you still wanna read through the discussion (which indeed is like half the fun of quests) feel free! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Hey what was the name of the manga where a rough and tumble boys' school got turned into a soft uwu trans girl / "crossdresser" school?

I don't think it's I Will Not Be a Girl but I could be wrong.