Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Remember which month it is.

drizzle
Jul 6, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

Dunno if anyone ever ordered an RIA premier auction book but it's uh pretty robust

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SpannerX posted:

Remember which month it is.

I bet people would buy that as a sort of cologne. 100% a not April fools joke.

Gun people are weird man. Especially the milsurp (me) guys.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Is anyone a Norwegian Krag guru on here? I'm like an inch away from hitting the BIN on this sucker but id really appreciate a second opinion from someone who knows what they're doing.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896705715

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Not a guru but I really enjoy mine. Dumping rounds in the side will never not be fun. I'd love a non-sportered Krag someday. Nothing jumps out at me as being wrong with that one.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Good because I bought it! Lol

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm furiously on the M1 carbine auction I'm winning. 3 1/2 hours left

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Oooh. Make and year?

flightless greeb posted:

Good because I bought it! Lol

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Somebody Awful posted:

Oooh. Make and year?

'43 National postal with NPM mags. It was made here in Rochester and it missed out on the invention of garbage plates ffs.

I am willing to pay a higher than normal price because a.) Rochacha and b.) This one has 3 vintage mags, sling and pouch

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 5, 2021

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I won, just need to wait for confirmation of end price and my FFL to exchange info. Again, I've been saving up for one of these NPM rifles.

(NY does not allow direct firearm shipments to FFL 03's)

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 5, 2021

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

I sure hope there's a box thread.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Can any mauser goons school me on this G98?

https://www.gunpost.ca/firearms/rifles/cape-breton/gew-98

They tend to go for considerably more in Canada (One recently sold for double that), just wondering if there's anything really obviously wrong with it that I should stay away.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

A 1918 Oberndorf Gewehr 98 would most likely have gone to the Ottoman Empire. Photos don't give much to work with, but those cutouts in the stock around the chamber make me think it came off a Mauser with a full length handguard. In other words, not a G98 stock.

Neondragons
Nov 4, 2009

Looks like the CMP 1911 numbers are out. Mine is 28,131 so it looks like it's a ways away, although maybe not quite as far away as it looks because from what other people are posting on the CMP site it looks like they are starting somewhere around 20,000.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017
NRA shill who thinks homeless people would love to live in migrant border camps. Help me realize I am a bigoted piece of shit.

Neondragons posted:

Looks like the CMP 1911 numbers are out. Mine is 28,131 so it looks like it's a ways away, although maybe not quite as far away as it looks because from what other people are posting on the CMP site it looks like they are starting somewhere around 20,000.

Highest looks to be in the 30k range. If that is the top end, that is about half of the original orders (they started at 2k, IIRC). Hope for round 3, and/or open it up to folks to buy additional pistols.

Here's to hoping that these are less heavily refinished, and more original condition.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

203XX here! gently caress, I might have it by the end of the year...

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Krag talk:

This looks like an un-hosed 1896 krag carbine. Seems maybe $100 or so higher than average but also doesn't look refinished. Not sure about the front sight... but I'm real tempted to make an offer. Thoughts?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...un_id=101632964

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Says it's already been sold.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Somebody Awful posted:

Says it's already been sold.

to me

I suspect I overpaid a bit but we'll see what shows up. I got it down to $650 total. The metal looked a bit rough but the wood seemed fine. I was trying to avoid refinishing even if that would be prettier. I talked with the owner at length who was a real old fella, seemed pleasant enough. Hopefully not the type to screw a man over.

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 8, 2021

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

It's pretty amazing what a little bit of linseed oil will do for an old stock. My Moschetto carbine stock has a nice little pop to it now.

The TS I got is in a bit rougher shape, but the bore looks quite strong, though there's more erosion near the muzzle. The rear action screw is stuck, so I haven't been able to do a full tear down and clean yet. The trigger is shockingly light. Gauged it at 2.8 pounds.

The penetrating oil I have now isn't cutting it, so I ordered some kroil, hoping that makes a difference. I also have a replacement action screw coming in, so I don't care if I chew this one up a bit. I just want the thing out of there.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Some random Polish guy on eBay makes reproduction holdover plates for Swedish Mausers. I got one to replace the one that fell off or was removed from mine at some point.

It's a silly little thing, but I am pleased with it and it makes my rifle a bit more complete! I love how some people will make stuff like this that only a tiny portion of people would be interested in.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Whoa, that's rad

redpleb
Feb 1, 2013

what's the deal with the cmp 1911's? I missed out on the news that they were getting another lot this year. Are they going to have a similar thing happen next year or am I up poo poo creek to get aboard that particular train?

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Probably up the creek. They get about 10,000 a year and have assigned numbers from 20k - 32k or something so at least part of next year's shipment is likely to be allotted to these packets.

It took 3 years? 2 years? For them to open a second round after they did this the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

flightless greeb posted:

Probably up the creek. They get about 10,000 a year and have assigned numbers from 20k - 32k or something so at least part of next year's shipment is likely to be allotted to these packets.

It took 3 years? 2 years? For them to open a second round after they did this the first time.

As I recall, though, there were about 100,000 in the total amount set to be released. It's possible that they'll get a third round, but don't miss that one if they do.