Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Steeltalon posted:

Youtube just demonetized C&Rsenal for "Harmful Content". They had their best ever advertising month just last December 2019. Youtube basically steals everything in an the account when they demonitize it.. When you get demonitized they "hold on" to your money in case you get remonitized. Rarely anyone ever gets remonitized. So I would say stealing is the acceptable word here.

I know the chick referring to guns as her and she always creeped me the hell out maybe thats what did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I semi understand the ship thing because in the old days it was the only thing keeping you alive in the most inhospitable environment known to man, but naming a car/gun just feels the same to me as if i named my laptop and when i turned it on went "yeah thats a good girl" it's creepy

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Theres at least 1 m16 that someone stole from an armory and was registered by someone else because of the immunity period at the closing of the registry. Dont know the model but gun jesus did a vid on one

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Huh, that's really interesting. I wonder if there are any that got taken home in foot lockers in the shuffle of soldiers getting shipped home at the end of Vietnam.

Do you have a link to that video? I watched one yesterday of a suppressed Grease Gun that was dropped to a partisan fighter during WW2 and the US never asked for it back so it's in a private collection now.

Couldn't find it with a quick search. I may be thinking of something he brought up in a Q&A video. A different search saw about a dozen m16s and a1s listed as transferable on a website for around 16k-21k

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

... why are there pencils in the magazine?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Anyone given the blitzkrieg chevron tritium front sight posts a try? They decent?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I got a pretty much perfect jungle carbine from ria all matching. I shot it once, cleaned it, put it in the safe, and grabbed some bubbaed to gently caress no1mk3 (i think) for like 150 to shoot instead. The markings on the spoeterized one i got are all sorts of odd.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

One day I'll be able to justify buying myself an artillery luger with stock and then a beater shooting luger

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The only thing i do on classic is register for their raffle giveaways because i dont have to give them money.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

quote:

but I believe that the person that replaced some of the parts failed to install a trigger and hammer spring with he appropriate dimensions (as in the Prussian manufacturing was slightly
loving lol

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The sear bar is flush with the slide the only way to get it to go off is to have a mag in it (he said it has a mag safety too) with a round chambered and the safety off and then push with enough force to turn ians thumb red from pressure on the sear which is less than 1/8 inch. A glock is more dangerous to carry loaded

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Goddamn gunbroker hurts my head. "House bernt down", "pre ww2 japanses samari swords" uggg. How the hell are people expected to take anything you put up seriously if you cant spell japanese correctly, or samurai, or burnt.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Mods are having fun I think? On a related note all but like 1 of cyrano's probes are self inflicted. It amuses me

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Speaking of classic being fucks, they hit me with a couple of emails for trump 2020 poo poo. Like a henry 22lr with trump2020 as part of the serial and a trump 2020 cleaning mat. Glad the only thing i use them for is the raffles in hopes i can winsomething like an m82 or scar20s and sell the fucker

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Someone at the range i was a member of sold their bubba'ed enfield for 150, so i grabbed it for an enfield to shoot that isnt my jungle carbine so that thing can hold its value

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Threw in tge ordsr for my british bullpups book. Getting the collector edition and beater edition double pack. I still think the blue cover looks better than the red but gun jesus and co are signing the red so guess the blue is the beater v0v

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I search things close to but not what you're looking for. Ar-16 instead of ar15, scar 18s,16s, or 19s instead of 17s, label instead of lebel, etc. Seems to find more of what I'm looking for becauss the more authentic the seller the less they seem to be able to accurately list what they have. Then i normally get pissed off at gunbroker for all the dumb poo poo people have done to a gun that they think adds value, go to tombstone tactical's site, and buy there. Im almost at the point of only usinf rock island auction for antique poo poo because they have peoplr authenticate it before it gets listed

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Oh yeah but it cuts down on like 99% of the issues for stuff that under 2-3k

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ah fair for the Swedish and Brit stuff it seems to be good to a higher price point

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Depends do you like red bandanas or blue?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I really was looking hard at a swedish straight pull but decided to focus on my jungle carbine instead for my first auction. One day I'll get a k11/31

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Thinking of getting a yugo m48 from J&G sales. Anyone had any experience with them? Is 400 a decent price for it if its nonmatching or should I hunt a little more?

Edit: my interest in the m48 is getting a k98k without laying full german k98k prices so I'm assuming its a decent deal under that consideration

Stravag fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 6, 2020

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Thinking I'm going to grab that yugo k98k and hope it's matching. What oil should i use to rub that wood?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

If the finish isn’t hosed from cosmo, none. Maybe some feed n wax.

Cool thanks i just remembered there was back and forth over what to put on us guns so wanted to be sure

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

M48 ordered. If all goes well i should have it within a week or so

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

What should I get this brit to write in my book?

God Save the American Excellence?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Picking up my yugo m48 tomorrow hurray! Also i will try to post pics of my sporterized enfield so you guys can tell me wtf is going on with all the marks on it

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

It has...an utterly insane amount of markings on it including a no3m1* or maybe that's no3m1* (i haven't played with it in a while) if memory serves. It has like 5 model stamps

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ok so here is the sporter in all its abusedness. I bought it for like 100-150 to have as a shooter so I wouldnt abuse the jungle carbine I got from RIA

It has definately had some violence visited upon it by whoever sportered it. Cant see the markings well in the phone aps preview so just have all the markings. I know the .303 and 2222 are caliber and loading info.

Not sure why the safety has a III on it

As a pallette cleanser, have a intact matching jungle carbine

No idea why all the images are upside down THANKS PHONE AP

Stravag fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jun 18, 2020

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ok i was trying to figure out why the hell the date stamp was all messed up and not aligned welland almost looked like it said 1840 when that was an impossible year for it. I also hadn't thought they were using 6 pointed stars for the star but v0v

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yugo m48 picked up, all matching that i saw, it is niiiiiice. Only one divot in the wood, sight is intact, sharp rifling. Will have pics later

Edit for pics

479 including transfer and shipping

What's the best least abusive way of getting cosmo out?

Stravag fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 18, 2020

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

MadBimber posted:

wrap that bitch in a couple towels and throw it in the sun

Sounds like that's my best bet once the rain goes away thanks

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I need to get another couple clips for my m48. The dummy round 5 pack came with a clip but thats my only one qtm

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

One of my pistol deliveries involved them dropping it on my ffl's driveway when he was out of town and had a hold in place... and some other shenanigans i donot put in written form

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

One of the ranges i joined in the past used a 20 yard qual as a way to weed out who was good enough to be allowed to shoot at their 24hr indoor pistol area without an RO around so yeah 50m is a bit of a stretch for irons in your first pistol lol

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So that m48 i got that wasnt too soaked in cosmo? Yeah all the cosmo is inside gluing everything together. Best way to get the cosmo to let go enough to take it apart? The front barrel band is effectivly glued in place atm

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

drizzle posted:

Finally took my cheap sporterized yugo Mauser to the range that I got to test my c&r and wow what great bolt and action. Cycled everything so smoothly need to get my mosin on that level. Really makes me want to get a non sporterized Mauser now.

I got my hand picked m48 from J&G for like 550 including shipping I'd check if they have any left. The exterior was amazing but the interior was all cosmoed up

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So this ancient rifle my Opa had was this ancient mossberg 26a. I'll have to get pics of it. Its rusted to poo poo sadly. Has to be atleast 40 years old i figure

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I'll grab pics next time I'm over at my moms place. It was standing muzzle down before i fixed that >.<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wishing of wartime issue my m48 has some rough spots on the wood, is 1944 production, but is all matching. Chances it actually got issued to a line unit vs just sat in a rack for 30 years?