Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

That's a beauty.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for yours and is there something significant about a 1955 model as opposed to others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Swedish Mausers, particularly of the m/1938 (Type II) variety will fit that bill, but they're in 6.555 Swedish and not 8mm.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Anyone know much about Polish Vis 35's? I've wanted one for the longest time but it doesn't seem like there's any real rhyme or reason to how much they go for on Gunbroker. I'd be interested in a shooter with some history to it and am intrigued by this listing because of the price https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867199434.

Would I regret throwing a bid on this one?

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Sorry - looks like the period got added to the link: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867199434

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Cursary reading and what I can glean from the photos are that you'd be getting a German-assembled/built late Grade 2 or Grade 3

That one's mine, can get a photo of the other side if need be

That is sexy. I suppose I could hold out for one with a better finish.

I've heard they're good but not spectacular guns depending on when they were built. They've always interested me and for similar money to a Hi-Power I'd probably prefer one of these.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Is there anything to pay particular attention to with Israeli conversion K98k's?

This one caught my eye but the stock looks like a replacement and the parkerized parts don't look right to me: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/866892686

I can't get it anyway because the seller won't ship to :ca: but I'd like to know for future reference.

I Demand Food fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 9, 2020

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

Because I'm stupid, I'm tempted to throw a stupid bid on something stupid, but it has this note: "There is light erosion in the grooves and at the muzzle. The bore shows an M.E. of -2 (negative 2)." For the life of me, I can't find what that means anywhere. Just that the lower the muzzle erosion measures the better. What the heck does a negative number mean? Good? Bad?

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

A place near me has a MAS 45 in very good condition for a decent price and I'm tempted, but I already have a bolt action .22.

Any thoughts on it? I've generally heard good things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

*angrily shakes fist in the general direction of Sacramento*