Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

C&R questions:

When applying as an individual, do I need to apply with my full name, or can I just use First Last and then put my Full name in the responsible persons section?

I read conflicting reports about putting in hours of availability for C&R. Some say it's only for business licenses, others say to put an hour in even when applying as a Collector?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Wifi Toilet posted:

C&R questions:

(snip)

Wow, less than a month! Got my C&R in the mail yesterday (just in time for the Rock Island auction this week, oh god) so tell me how to use it.

I know about the bound book and have downloaded some templates, but I've seen posts elsewhere saying not to sign the license and to make copies of it then sign the copies to mail out. That doesn't sound right to me, I'm thinking I need to sign the original and photocopies of that should be acceptable to mail out. I think some sellers even accept emailed pictures of the C&R?

What info do I need to get from the seller? It looks like I only need to enter an FFL or driver's license if I sell something, so if I'm the buyer I just need a name and address of the seller correct?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

McNally posted:

If you're going to be sending a physical copy of your license, it needs a real signature and can't be a copy. Don't sign the original, sign the copies.

What I did was I made a copy, signed the copy, scanned the signed copy, then used that for anything where a .pdf was fine. Every now and then, though, you run into someone who wants a physical copy.

OK, so your original copy remains unsigned in case you ever need to make more blank copies?

e: great, thanks! VVVVVV

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 10, 2020

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

I know it's hard to be tell just from pictures, but does this look like rust or maybe leftover cosmoline or something?

Description says excellent shape, so I assume it just needs cleaning?

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/2030/59/belgian-browning-high-power-semiautomatic-pistol

e: VVVV cool thanks, that's what I was thinking too, gonna throw a low bid at it.

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 8, 2020

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Oh poo poo, I didn't even think about this since I've been trying not to think about it, but I bought a can in February. Is the NFA branch shut down now too? Gonna suck if the year long wait I was prepared for turns into a 2 year wait.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

So say I was driving through Alabama in a few months, could I stop at a CMP store on my way home and pick up a garand?

I'd just need to join the Garand Collector's Assoc. before I go and take a copy of my C&R FFL and that should meet their requirements...hmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Double edit:
This was my basement on cleaning day a few months ago:

Help my family doesn't have a workbench
Spend less on guns
No