Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Proč bychom se netěšili když nám Pán Bůh zdraví dá?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Holy poo poo is that's an Airsoft gun?

It is. For some reason they had airsoft guns along with their real ones.

From the Cursed Images thread

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

Scratch Monkey posted:

From the Cursed Images thread

From the OP

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oh and don't hotlink.

Pic for pic gods

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Am I wrong in assuming that, much like 95% of "Private Security Companies", 95% of "Private Military Contractors" are either dudes that didn't/couldn't hack it in the real military, or were like... motor pool or something?

Semi-related. Our local "Private Security Company" that loves to pretend they are cops.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

I think some folks get out of the military and have an opportunity to ~triple their salary working overseas. I'm fairly certain a goon did something like this.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sten Freak posted:

I think some folks get out of the military and have an opportunity to ~triple their salary working overseas. I'm fairly certain a goon did something like this.

Yeah, I think a few have. I'm curious about the ratio. Seems like anyone with appreciable skills is probably off training security forces in Africa/The Middle East, not taking part in an airsoft invasion of Venezuela.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Akion posted:

Am I wrong in assuming that, much like 95% of "Private Security Companies", 95% of "Private Military Contractors" are either dudes that didn't/couldn't hack it in the real military, or were like... motor pool or something?

Semi-related. Our local "Private Security Company" that loves to pretend they are cops.

It varies a lot depending on the contract type, how much they're paying, and how picky they are in their hiring. This is as far as the overseas stuff goes anyways, I have no clue with the stateside stuff and generally imagine them to be wannabe LARPers. No personal experience/contact there though.

My first contract in 2010 was doing base security stuff, and the company was both cheap and not discriminating. So you had a mix of GWOT vets who got out after one enlistment (like me) and just wanted to get their foot in the door for various reasons (some for the money, some just got out and were having trouble adapting to civ life, some wanted THAT RUSH OF COMBAT AGAIN and wanted to feel the "bonds of brotherhood" etc), some older vets from the Clinton years who had never actually deployed, some guys who had LE/private security experience but no deployment experience, and even one guy whose military experience was being a draftee for Vietnam. In short, it was a poo poo show. They also issued DPMS ARs, airsoft grade plate carriers with no soft armor backers, and up-armored gun trucks that constantly broke down and of which two spontaneously combusted and burned to the ground.

Then two other contracts I did were technical in nature and I worked with a lot more guys who had never been in the military, who were just there to do the tech stuff. These paid a lot better and I didn't have to deal with dudes juicing up on steroids to the point that they were lactating. So those were nice at least.

Mandatory pic for the pic thread.

The Rat fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 6, 2020

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

These guys sure don't seem like the best and brightest the PMCs have to offer. Tweeting their movements and engagements?

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Rat posted:

It varies a lot depending on the contract type, how much they're paying, and how picky they are in their hiring. This is as far as the overseas stuff goes anyways, I have no clue with the stateside stuff and generally imagine them to be wannabe LARPers. No personal experience/contact there though.

My first contract in 2010 was doing base security stuff, and the company was both cheap and not discriminating. So you had a mix of GWOT vets who got out after one enlistment (like me) and just wanted to get their foot in the door for various reasons (some for the money, some just got out and were having trouble adapting to civ life, some wanted THAT RUSH OF COMBAT AGAIN and wanted to feel the "bonds of brotherhood" etc), some older vets from the Clinton years who had never actually deployed, some guys who had LE/private security experience but no deployment experience, and even one guy whose military experience was being a draftee for Vietnam. In short, it was a poo poo show. They also issued DPMS ARs, airsoft grade plate carriers with no soft armor backers, and up-armored gun trucks that constantly broke down and of which two spontaneously combusted and burned to the ground.

Then two other contracts I did were technical in nature and I worked with a lot more guys who had never been in the military, who were just there to do the tech stuff. These paid a lot better and I didn't have to deal with dudes juicing up on steroids to the point that they were lactating. So those were nice at least.

Mandatory pic for the pic thread.

Thanks for elaborating. I knew you had done it, but didn't want to call you out by name. For some reason I thought you had been in longer than one enlistment, but I guess that actually makes sense timeframe wise.

I'd debated actually doing some of the technical contracting after spending some time in a distance relationship with a girl that did it. The money sounded really good, but I make decent money now and don't have to deal with that level of bullshit so...

Also the new gun looks neat. What is that?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Akion posted:

Thanks for elaborating. I knew you had done it, but didn't want to call you out by name. For some reason I thought you had been in longer than one enlistment, but I guess that actually makes sense timeframe wise.

I'd debated actually doing some of the technical contracting after spending some time in a distance relationship with a girl that did it. The money sounded really good, but I make decent money now and don't have to deal with that level of bullshit so...

Also the new gun looks neat. What is that?

It's an APC9 Pro w/ Glock mag lower. Still need to test fire it fully and then do the eform1 process on it. Still trying to decide on IR laser/light config as well.

But yeah I just did one 5 year enlistment, but also did 3 contracts overseas. The tech stuff was pretty nice, honestly. The first one was nice and chill, just operating a camera system on a fixed shift. Do my time, hit the gym and chow hall, sleep. The second one, I was fixing them, just bouncing all over Helmand province. Got to see a lot of cool stuff and work with a lot of chill SF/MARSOC dudes. Was fairly autonomous when I was out in the field too, just working with whatever unit had the camera at the base in question. That contract also paid the best out of what I worked, so that was nice.

edit: whoops

The Rat fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 6, 2020

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Rat posted:

It's an APC9 Pro w/ Glock mag lower. Still need to test fire it fully and then do the eform1 process on it. Still trying to decide on IR laser/light config as well.

But yeah I just did one 5 year enlistment, but also did 3 contracts overseas. The tech stuff was pretty nice, honestly. The first one was nice and chill, just operating a camera system on a fixed shift. Do my time, hit the gym and chow hall, sleep. The second one, I was fixing them, just bouncing all over Helmand province. Got to see a lot of cool stuff and work with a lot of chill SF/MARSOC dudes. Was fairly autonomous when I was out in the field too, just working with whatever unit had the camera at the base in question. That contract also paid the best out of what I worked, so that was nice.

That's pretty neat on both counts.

Don't forget a picture, d00d.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

The 90s race gun:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Found a new entry for my "terrible guns that I kind of want, but would never pay actual money for" list

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Wifi Toilet posted:

Found a new entry for my "terrible guns that I kind of want, but would never pay actual money for" list

I'm gonna need you to tell me a lot more. A lot.

Pictured - My G19 over a decade ago proving that Glocks can gently caress up. But I still blame this on the weird, lovely cased ammo that cost something like nine bucks a box.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Captain Log posted:

I'm gonna need you to tell me a lot more. A lot.

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=54113

And since I need a pic, here's another one on that list

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Here's to the test-engraving on the backside of these grips going well...

So now, I just need to grab a certain piece of art, vector-ize it, and get ready for the fun.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

couple of ice cold tall boys, a fresh grinding bit in the dremel, and I brought my gen 3 glock into the 20-whatever-th century!

now to REALLY tie one on and go after the frame with a soldering iron or maybe the sewing machine

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Question: How does that thing fasten onto the slide? That doesn't look like a dovetail, I don't see any screw holes in that dremel work.

Picture tax: crappy picture from a couple trips ago. My AR, my CZ, and above them a representation of my shooting.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Question: How does that thing fasten onto the slide? That doesn't look like a dovetail, I don't see any screw holes in that dremel work.

I hope the answer is JB weld

Aw gently caress, it's this thread. I gotta be more careful.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Gonna be a bad example here.

PIC OR PROBE! PIXELS FOR THE BLOOD MOD!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Picture tax: crappy picture from a couple trips ago. My AR, my CZ, and above them a representation of my shooting.

Domo says that you dropped your guns.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Ygolonac posted:

Gonna be a bad example here.

PIC OR PROBE! PIXELS FOR THE BLOOD MOD!

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Tried a dovetail, but I kept breaking the cutoff wheel and I think my dremel burnt out, just got some double stick carpet tape from Menards and it holds up pretty great

screws:

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Ding

I guess I got a type

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die.

normally I hate open carry but honestly this poo poo owns

edit I honestly thought this satire

PookBear fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 9, 2020

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

Then there's this guy

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

So what's the rule for open carry? Do you have to be able to carry it by yourself all the time, or is it enough if you are at least able to lift it but usually have your pals around to help carry it. Does it invalidate open carry if it has built in wheel?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

If that's a deactivated rocket launcher (or whatever it is exactly), that's hilarious. If it's a wood replica (like the 50 apparently is?) we're back to cringy.

Saukkis posted:

So what's the rule for open carry? Do you have to be able to carry it by yourself all the time, or is it enough if you are at least able to lift it but usually have your pals around to help carry it. Does it invalidate open carry if it has built in wheel?

I'll be your cannon buddy.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

boxen posted:

If that's a deactivated rocket launcher (or whatever it is exactly), that's hilarious. If it's a wood replica (like the 50 apparently is?) we're back to cringy.

I'll be your cannon buddy recoilless rifle compadre

Oh poo poo photo thread

Miso Beno fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 10, 2020

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

With the two 10" revolvers I can't tell if it's parody or stupidity

Whoops, thought this was the tacticlol thread

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 11, 2020

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

With the two 10" revolvers I can't tell if it's parody or stupidity

Por que no los dos?

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Tyro posted:

I hope the answer is JB weld

Aw gently caress, it's this thread. I gotta be more careful.

Got any deets on that beauty?

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010

PookBear posted:

normally I hate open carry but honestly this poo poo owns

edit I honestly thought this satire

hi pooki ily

Elite Taco fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 12, 2020

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Got any deets on that beauty?

Just picked it up last week, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. CZ455FS in 22lr. I have some Super Colibri on its way to me for squirrel control.

Hope free schwag is gun-related enough:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Crosspostin'!

LOOKITWHATIGOT!!!!

I'll have time for more pictures another day.

Yes, the barrel is threaded with the thread protector also treated in the Turnbull finish. I am over the loving moon right now.

Edit : Armor Domo is also thrilled.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

That case hardening is dope.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Hair Elf

Post your dumbest gun ITT

The Heritage Rough Rider Rancher!

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

That's the only rough rider worth owning.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

my kinda ape posted:

Post your dumbest gun ITT

The Heritage Rough Rider Rancher!

Lee Van Cleef? Is that you? I thought you were dead.

Edit: poo poo. Photo thread... uhhhhh

Quick pic of the piece of buffer spring that chipped off what was then my brand new AR15 and lodged underneath the safety making the gun impossible to fire. Aero replaced the buffer at no cost and appreciated my pictures.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Miso Beno posted:

That case hardening is dope.

What exactly am I seeing there? I like it.

«12 »