Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

A 1976 production (Murica Centennial) Series 180 Mini-14 with a lovely KCI beta-c clone drum magazine that I got to troll Bill Ruger's

Miso Beno fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

100 rounds - 100 years.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Captain Log posted:

What exactly am I seeing there? I like it.

I have this and love it.

It's adorable.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

my kinda ape posted:

Post your dumbest gun ITT

The Heritage Rough Rider Rancher!

How’re the ergonomics on that Heritage carbine?

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Distributors must be scraping the back of the warehouse to ship ammo out. Just picked up some xmas flavored 22lr in loving May.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yeah I don't expect demand to peter off anytime soon. :\

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Hair Elf

Designed and 3D printed myself a SITES Spectre mag loader since no less than four different people told me they'd have one available soon and never delivered

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

That mag dummy thicc

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

That mag dummy thicc

Man 16" mid gas with them handguards looks gooooooood.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The double gun thread is archived, so I'll put this here. This is for sale at my LGS.

O/U barrels. 12ga and 30-06. The latter is a bit of an uncommon cartridge for a European double gun, but not unheard of.

Huh, bunch of weird cutouts and protrusions.

What's this? It only opens far enough to expose the upper barrel no matter how much I try.

There's a button underneath and a weird grip on the forestock.. Oh. Ohhhhh!

It's an Innogun Hybrid and it's the second most German gun I've seen after the G11.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die.

german law restricts the number of guns you can own so having a shotgun/rifle hybrid is common

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

PookBear posted:

german law restricts the number of guns you can own so having a shotgun/rifle hybrid is common

Oh, I know. We have the same thing here in Sweden. The interesting part is it's a combined single shot break open 12ga and a pump-action mag fed rifle. Most normal combination rifles just break open on both barrels.

I had one more. This is as far as it opens.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 19, 2020

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

Oh, I know. We have the same thing here in Sweden. The interesting part is it's a combined single shot break open 12ga and a pump-action mag fed rifle. Most normal combination rifles just break open on both barrels.

I had one more. This is as far as it opens.

That thing is rad, I looked it up and it looks like it has a removable magazine for the .30-06 bits

https://www.innogun.de/en/innogun/hybrid

boring AR for the pic thread

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

Hey, look at this

🤔

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

That would look right at home in Elysium. Or, more accurately, Los Angeles in 2154.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

Hey, look at this

🤔

are those.. stg57s??

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah. I’ve seen some WEIRD poo poo done with them in Switzerland. Shot one once that had been shortened to some crazy dumb length. They’re not that expensive out there and common as target rifles. IIRC Swiss law is cool with just clipping the “haha rifle go brrrrrr” parts.

You also see similarly weird poo poo with K31s. I once saw one that had been garage gunsmithed into being a pump action.

Fake edit: oh hey I found a pic of the one I shot. The belt is just there for a dumb funny pic. It was a normal mag fed rifle.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

Prewar Woodsman with King reflector sights and ivory stocks.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

loving goddamn that’s nice. How’s it shoot?

Kind of gun related these are bullet and shell splinter holes in buildings in the museum island area of Berlin ca 2008 or so. Sadly they went on a big push to finally repair them so they’re probably gone now.

You used to be able to walk around and see windows where there had obviously been a fighting position because the pock marks were clustered around it and not the surrounding stone. Different depth craters too, which probably corresponded to rifle/lmg and pistol/smg fire.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

That is neat to see. I did some work at a PD in Ohio once that had a bunch of bullets holes in the front of it from a Thompson during the prohibition era.

The Woodsman is an awesome shooter. 2.5 pound trigger which King may have tuned. I shot it last weekend at a spinner on the 50 yard berm and hit it frequently. Someone who is a better handgunner could probably nail it every time.

E: I took this gun to the smith when I had some FTF (dirty firing pin chamber) and he put on the invoice "This is a very accurate weapon"

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 20, 2020

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

my kinda ape posted:

Designed and 3D printed myself a SITES Spectre mag loader since no less than four different people told me they'd have one available soon and never delivered

Yeah that's a must-have right there.

Five-ish years ago, I did a big ol' effortpost about the Spectre and those images/words were pretty much lost to time, so I stuck 'em on Imgur so they may live on.

https://imgur.com/gallery/zPCdD1i

Polygonal rifling on a 40 year-old Italian subgun!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Hair Elf

Carbohydrates posted:

Yeah that's a must-have right there.

Five-ish years ago, I did a big ol' effortpost about the Spectre and those images/words were pretty much lost to time, so I stuck 'em on Imgur so they may live on.

https://imgur.com/gallery/zPCdD1i

Polygonal rifling on a 40 year-old Italian subgun!

Haha someone cross posted that in /r/ForgottenWeapons a week ago and I didn't notice your username in the imgur album at the time. That's about the most thorough rundown of the gun I've seen anywhere.

Remember when I asked you about a year ago about getting the stock attached? I actually got it done! Sorry to everyone else who has to see these pics for the 5th time.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Good evening.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Do me a solid and grab some TP while you’re at Costco OK?

lol found some graffiti on another shot up Berlin building. I took a lot of pics of these.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

my kinda ape posted:

Haha someone cross posted that in /r/ForgottenWeapons a week ago and I didn't notice your username in the imgur album at the time. That's about the most thorough rundown of the gun I've seen anywhere.

Remember when I asked you about a year ago about getting the stock attached? I actually got it done! Sorry to everyone else who has to see these pics for the 5th time.

How feasible would it be to thread the barrel

DEPLOY THE LIZARDS

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Hair Elf

Capn Beeb posted:

How feasible would it be to thread the barrel

DEPLOY THE LIZARDS

People have done it but you basically have to have an extended barrel nut custom made like this one:

Top one is the original and some sort of ratchet removal tool they made. Bottom is the extended nut with suppressor threading.
I tried to ask the person who posted that pic if that was just a one off or what but they haven't posted on that account in a few years and that's the only place I've seen anything like it.

I think the military version can be suppressed, probably with something similar, but there's even less information available about that than there is for the civilian version.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 22, 2020

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

I'm crossposting someone else's picture because it owns is dreadful:

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Dick Burglar posted:

I'm crossposting someone else's picture because it owns is dreadful:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Proč bychom se netěšili když nám Pán Bůh zdraví dá?

ironically the article was written by someone named Young

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Hmmm something doesn’t look right...

What the...

WTF?

I’m really not sure how this happened. Since I do not have a 6.5CM rifle this is a range pickup. Guessing 6.5CM out of a 308 barrel. But enjoy clean brass.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

I once tried to fire 6.5cm out of a 7.62x51 rifle. I'm so glad the round didn't go bang.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

my kinda ape posted:

Thanks! Yeah I stuck it on r/guns to get it some exposure. That stock looks fantastic, by the way. Happy for you!

Never expected to see this thing in a video game. Thanks, Receiver 2!

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

I'm not looking for your validation through this telescope, just planets boobies bullets

College Slice

I made someone mad in the long-range thread using non-gun equipment for gun purposes. You can't tell me what to do.

Edit: 1,440x magnification

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 25, 2020

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

from r/guns

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Romeo1Pro seems pretty nice. Will have to see how well the NV settings play.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

NFA crosspostin'

Some goodies for the MAC M11 showed up today.

Funny how a simple change of mass can be used to affect rate of fire. The heavier one is supposed to be around 700 RPM, and the lighter one 1000.

The form 4 got approved today, so I hope to test these out soon!

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

hey shao i graded flatter just 4 u.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

he's too cool for you

«12 »