Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

Guttlesswonder posted:

I have had this for a while. Never taken it out, but it is my favorite old school piece.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

My daughter started drawing cats a few months ago. I didn't really pick up on it but my wife correctly interpreted this as meaning she really wanted a cat. As an aside, she drew them with a little diamond on their foreheads which turned out to be what our cat has.

So we got one day after Thanksgiving, a rescue.

This is Lucky. Sometimes I sing to her DOMO ARIGATO MY LITTLE GATO DOMO domo DOMO domo

My wife had customized socks made for me and my daughter with Lucky's face on them

E:
Last night I came up with her title for use in official duties. The Golden Gato. Wife is not impressed.

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 8, 2020

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

The Eyes Have It posted:

Holy poo poo, is there somewhere that does this? This (of our cats) would make a great gift for my wife. Reveal your secrets!

Yep! Found out where she got them: https://www.divvyupsocks.com/

Apparently the French changed the checkering on the MAS-38s buttstock release button at some point.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

From https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914446

this dude rules

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

Wrong camo

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

From another forum. Connecticut State Police trainees

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

DeesGrandpa posted:

Rad. All the CT staties I knew were gun guys

e: unrelated pic for the pic gods

The actual guns are available for sale according to the guy who posted the pics about them. Here they are at the dealer.

quote:

The Connecticut State Police recently sold/traded off some of their remaining M1928A1 Thompson's I Know a couple were resold by the dealer.

I just spoke to the dealer he has 2 M1928A1s left asking 27.5

111 Elite Firearms in Monroe Ct.

If you have a cool $27.5k burning a hole in your pocket.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

Working at home.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

loving that 1903

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

I don't know how to embed an imgur vid but this is a guy in a full hazmat type suit doing a dance over a loose high pressure hose with music.

https://imgur.com/a/uFHTluU

unrelated

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

I think some folks get out of the military and have an opportunity to ~triple their salary working overseas. I'm fairly certain a goon did something like this.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

Prewar Woodsman with King reflector sights and ivory stocks.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

That is neat to see. I did some work at a PD in Ohio once that had a bunch of bullets holes in the front of it from a Thompson during the prohibition era.

The Woodsman is an awesome shooter. 2.5 pound trigger which King may have tuned. I shot it last weekend at a spinner on the 50 yard berm and hit it frequently. Someone who is a better handgunner could probably nail it every time.

E: I took this gun to the smith when I had some FTF (dirty firing pin chamber) and he put on the invoice "This is a very accurate weapon"

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 20, 2020

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

not mine

E: I see now it's airsoft so not as cool

Here's another gif as this isn't a real gun

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

1947 Colt Ace, (e:) 34 units away from the end of the model (they continued making the Ace as the Service Model after) with King sights. No more guns until all my house projects are done...

E: turns out they didn't use some of their serials at the very end of the run

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 23, 2020