Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

Years back the thing to warn people about was surplus SMG ammo or the Israeli "NATO" marked rounds. These days I'd avoid that if you stumble across it, but really just don't go putting +P+ defensive loads through it.
Related, if you're ever in the market for a Husqvarna m/40, inspect the slide very closely for hairline cracks. The Swedish army donated a ton of surplus 9mm m/39B ammunition with tombac-plated steel jacketed bullets to civilian shooting clubs back in the 90s, and many civilian target shooters used m/40 pistols at the time. The m/40 was not a very solid construction to begin with, and with high pressure ammunition like m/39B many suffered cracked slides. If it's cracked it can fail catastrophically (which has happened) and should not be fired

The crack will usually start around the hole for the recoil accelerator. The accelerator itself was not present on most civilian-market m/40.

editsnypa: Also, due to the cracking issue the Swedish army did not surplus any of their m/40 pistols. Most m/40 pistols you find will either have an H prefix serial number which means civilian market manufacture, or D prefix which were manufactured for the Danish army and later surplused.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:catstare:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The double gun thread is archived, so I'll put this here. This is for sale at my LGS.

O/U barrels. 12ga and 30-06. The latter is a bit of an uncommon cartridge for a European double gun, but not unheard of.

Huh, bunch of weird cutouts and protrusions.

What's this? It only opens far enough to expose the upper barrel no matter how much I try.

There's a button underneath and a weird grip on the forestock.. Oh. Ohhhhh!

:iia:

It's an Innogun Hybrid and it's the second most German gun I've seen after the G11.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

PookBear posted:

german law restricts the number of guns you can own so having a shotgun/rifle hybrid is common

Oh, I know. We have the same thing here in Sweden. The interesting part is it's a combined single shot break open 12ga and a pump-action mag fed rifle. Most normal combination rifles just break open on both barrels.

I had one more. This is as far as it opens.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 19, 2020

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://alphamunitions.com/product/6-5-edkh/

It's 6.5 Creedmoor

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

SSK sort of did that already with the 7.62 and 7.63 Micro-Whisper, which are 30 caliber rifle bullets stuffed into 30 Luger and 30 Mauser cases respectively.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm half tempted to 3D print a handshake grip now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Wifi Toilet posted:

Does anyone make targets where the hostage takers are bearded white dudes in shades and baseball caps?
There's a shooting accessory store here in Sweden which has some hilariously 80s targets.

Grandpa no!

https://www.skyttetjanst.se/articlegroup/grid/ovriga-militara-mal/647