Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

I recently discovered Kalashnikov's prototype SMG and I'm kind of in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Oh, here's a donation for you guys. The only good pictures of the Thompson T2 prototype had it without a magazine, so I did a quick Photoshop job to add a magazine to it so everyone can now see exactly what the complete fish gun would have looked like. Both source images were from Rock Island Auction pictures so they were identical in resolution and lighting.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

So I didn't keep up with the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Sentinels getting new guns from loving Equilibrium.

quote:

Pistol Names: each of the four pistols bears the name of Silence, Respect, Dignity, or Perseverance and is featured on the dust cover. Dignity and Perseverance represent “The Sentinel’s Creed,” and Silence and Respect represent the request to the public by Arlington National Cemetery when visiting the Tomb of the Unknown, and during the Changing of the Guard;

Custom Wood Grips: in 1921 the chosen Unknown was transported to the United States of America aboard the USS Olympia. The custom wood grips are made with wood from the USS Olympia and include the crest of the 3rd Guard, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier identification badge inset;

Cocking Serrations: XXI cocking serrations are engraved on the slide to signify the twenty-one steps it takes for the Tomb Sentinels to walk by the Tomb of the Unknowns and the military honor of a 21 Gun Salute;
Sight Plate: an engraved impression of the Greek Figures featured on the east panel of the Tomb – Peace, Victory, and Valor – are featured on the sight plate;

Sights: a glass insert made with marble dust from the Tomb of the Unknown fills the sights of the ceremonial pistols;

Engraved Magazines: the 21-round magazines feature an aluminum base plate engraved with the names of the Greek figures featured on the Tomb of the Unknown – Peace, Victory, and Valor – and include a name plate on the bottom of the magazine engraved with the Tomb Sentinel badge number.

Serial Numbers: the pistols are serialized with a unique set of serial numbers that incorporate items of significance to the Old Guard: “LS” represents line six of the Sentinels’ Creed, “My standard will remain perfection; “02JUL37” to signify the first 24-hour guard posted at the Tomb of the Unknown on July 3, 1937; “21” to signify the 21 steps it takes the Tomb Sentinels to walk by the Tomb of the Unknown, and the military honor of a 21 Gun Salute. The full series of M17 Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Pistols serial numbers are LS02JUL37A21 (Silence), LS02JUL37B21 (Respect), LS02JUL37C21 (Dignity), LS02JUL37D21 (Perseverance).

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Dick Burglar posted:

Even the stock gun is pretty tacticool:

That said, it's at least gas blowback rather than electric so it'd be kinda fun to shoot.

I have one that I put into a standard 10/22 wood stock; it only takes slight modification to real furniture to fit.

This has led to people doing some crazy poo poo with them:

They can be converted to full auto with kits pretty easily. That pistol with the HPA tap up there gets 1200 RPM.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Wifi Toilet posted:

I love finding out about goofy guns that I had no idea existed.

High Standard Model 10

e: gently caress you lefties!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H5Z9umFlzk

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

And let's not forget that traditional Japanese swordmaking is only like that because they had absolute poo poo for iron and all the folding is accounting for poor quality. A modern swordsmith with good steel can easily produce a sword that's better than a 17th century heirloom was when it was brand new for a fraction of the cost. The hardness will actually be consistent across the entire blade!

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

From Jim Cirillo’s ideas for CCW:

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Notice something else with those guns?

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

The 90s race gun:

Adbot