Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MisterBibs posted:

Kinda an esoteric question, but does disinterest factor into how you approach a movie when thinking about it, or do you point to the disinterest as a discussion point? I just watched a movie on Netflix (Tau, featuring Maika Monroe, whom I hope to see in something where she's just not so understandably sad the entire time), and I'm in a chicken-and-the-egg situation where I got bored enough to do something else while it was on... but at the same time, the whole doing-something-else part of it makes it feel unfair to complain about the things I'd complain about, because, you know, the doing-something-else thing.

We don't really live in a time where sustained attention in valued or even necessarily easy to do. We're addicted to our phones, our lives are saturated with potential options for entertainment so we're easily distracted, really engaging with something has fallen really out of practice.

Tau is in fact garbage, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, there's a big difference between pulling out your phone because a movieve sucks and like that guy who would live-post about the movie he was watching in a theater

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

Never mind who has the best signal to noise ratio in their acting careers, who has the highest percentage of on screen deaths among their films. I'm going to say Sean Bean.

Casting Sean Bean in a movie is basically a built in spoiler. Outside of Ronin I can't even think of a movie he doesn't die in.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Somebody counted and it's Danny Trejo, with a little bit more than Christopher Lee, for onscreen deaths

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Skwirl posted:

Casting Sean Bean in a movie is basically a built in spoiler. Outside of Ronin I can't even think of a movie he doesn't die in.

I think he lives in Jupiter Ascending.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Peccadillo posted:

Somebody counted and it's Danny Trejo, with a little bit more than Christopher Lee, for onscreen deaths

Total or percentage?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Coffee And Pie posted:

Marvel movies and Adam Sandler movies are probably fun to work on, though Sandler movies probably have better crafty since he isn’t a bodybuilder

I’m not sure why you say Marvel instead of any big studio film. Some comedies look like fun but the lower budgets generally mean shorter, more pressured shoots. I’ve always wanted to make a comedy.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Y'all ever come out of a long stint of watching nothing but B-movies and then you see something like In The Mood For Love and have your mind blown? That's a real loving movie right there, drat.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Ugh loving look at this, I love movies

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Release the Snyder Cut of the Snyder Cut.

https://twitter.com/DanielRochelle/status/1264577307278225408?s=20

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

married but discreet posted:

Ugh loving look at this, I love movies

It looks okay, but it's no Blade.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

can I just step back a second to say that I hate this loving song with every fiber of my being

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

fwiw, the source on this is Umberto Gonzalez, a dude famous for such "scoops" as "Nightwing will be played by Adam Driver," "Wonder Woman won't be in BvS," and "Braniac is the villain of Justice League."

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eh, I think "it didn't grab my attention".is valid criticism.

It's a totally valid reaction to something, but it's a pretty weak criticism since it tells us nothing about that thing itself.

"I was inattentive, but that was everyone else's fault" could be accurate, but even so it's more a description of one's self, not others

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Umberto Gonzalez also had the EXCLUSIVE SCOOP that Christian Bale was going to be back as Batman in the DCEU in 2015. Lol.

[edit] Dude's a clown, lmao. Here's that Christian Bale JL scoop he had from 7 years ago: https://vimeo.com/60968809

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 24, 2020

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

All the "you should be sad, this isn't the real Snyder Cut" stuff is based on these weirdly precise definitions of what a new cut would be that don't match how people actually think about movies. Like, if I watch a trailer for Tenet and say I'm looking forward to Christopher Nolan's next movie, nobody tries to play gotcha with the fact that the film will be revised between now and home release and that WB will have input on the process. We all know that's how movies are made, except people are suddenly pretending that we don't.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

can I just step back a second to say that I hate this loving song with every fiber of my being

Knowing that a good chunk of people have such a visceral hatred of the song was like 90% of the reason I posted it. My opinion on the film itself is about the same as the characters in the song, I think I remember it and as I recall I think I kinda liked it.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

feedmyleg posted:

I actually meant "working" as in had a long career filled with active work rather than "working" today. But some really interesting answers so far. I just often go to an actor's IMDB who I love and am constantly surprised at how much trash that I've never heard of is in there. And I mean, everyone's gotta pay the rent, but just curious at who has has nailed it for the vast majority of a career. Someone who played a great character for a long time while doing other rad projects feels the most likely to me, like a Peter Cushing, whose shittiest stuff is still usually really fun.

I can't vouch for every movie he ever did, but Burt Lancaster had a ridiculous career full of all-time classics and nothing notoriously bad, and he kept on putting out great work all the way till the day he died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Lancaster#Filmography_and_awards

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

Knowing that a good chunk of people have such a visceral hatred of the song was like 90% of the reason I posted it. My opinion on the film itself is about the same as the characters in the song, I think I remember it and as I recall I think I kinda liked it.

they play it at least once a day at the grocery store i work at and it's awful just like almost all the other music they play

for a little while though they had Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division in the rotation and that was a :wtc: moment, and then they replaced it with True Faith by New Order which is a loving banger, so at least someone who isn't terrible has some influence there. but it's 95% absolute garbage like that song

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
there's this Aloe Blacc song they play where the chorus is "YOU FEEL LIKE BROOKLYN IN THE SUUUUUMMEEERRRRR" and

1) what the gently caress is that supposed to mean

2) i cannot for the life of me hear it as anything other than "YOU FEEL LIKE POOPIN' IN THE SUUUUMMEEERRRR" and that initially made me lose it every time the song came on but now it just irritates me

e: if i ever have to hear Walk the Dinosaur again in my life in a context unrelated to Tammy and the T. Rex i might go insane

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

All the "you should be sad, this isn't the real Snyder Cut" stuff is based on these weirdly precise definitions of what a new cut would be that don't match how people actually think about movies. Like, if I watch a trailer for Tenet and say I'm looking forward to Christopher Nolan's next movie, nobody tries to play gotcha with the fact that the film will be revised between now and home release and that WB will have input on the process. We all know that's how movies are made, except people are suddenly pretending that we don't.

Yea, the idea that Snyder asked for more than he got is pretty par for the course I’m guessing. There’s a massive difference between what happened with Justice League and the typical back and forth that happens on any movie, and “lol Snyder still isn’t getting his cut” is a disingenuous take at best at this point.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Black Lighter posted:

I can't vouch for every movie he ever did, but Burt Lancaster had a ridiculous career full of all-time classics and nothing notoriously bad, and he kept on putting out great work all the way till the day he died.

Not only a great career, he told the HUAC to gently caress off, supported the Civil Rights Movement, and campaigned for the ACLU for decades.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Black Lighter posted:

Man, I read this as Burt Reynolds at first and thought he somehow slipped beneath my radar and must have done a lot of interesting things besides Boogie Nights and Deliverance.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

they play it at least once a day at the grocery store i work at and it's awful just like almost all the other music they play

for a little while though they had Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division in the rotation and that was a :wtc: moment, and then they replaced it with True Faith by New Order which is a loving banger, so at least someone who isn't terrible has some influence there. but it's 95% absolute garbage like that song

I liked how I Wanna Be Sedated was in the rotation for awhile. #1, are 45 year old soccer moms really the target audience for the Ramones? #2, using Ramones music in support of Big Grocery is pretty depressing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It would be really funny if the the Snyder cut they're releasing still isn't the "real" Snyder cut just to see losers melting down. Also, why the gently caress didn't they use Darkseid instead of Steppenwolf?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

CPL593H posted:

It would be really funny if the the Snyder cut they're releasing still isn't the "real" Snyder cut just to see losers melting down.

I don’t think anyone would be ‘melting down’ if... HBO falsely advertised a miniseries as being a director’s cut while having it ghost-directed by someone else?

That would more likely just bemuse and underwhelm people.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I don’t think anyone would be ‘melting down’ if... HBO falsely advertised a miniseries as being a director’s cut while having it ghost-directed by someone else?

That would more likely just bemuse and underwhelm people.

Have you seen the internet? People can't even handle a woman or a black person being in a video game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

It would be really funny if the the Snyder cut they're releasing still isn't the "real" Snyder cut just to see losers melting down. Also, why the gently caress didn't they use Darkseid instead of Steppenwolf?

I think the idea was building Darkseid up more for future films, like the Marvel ones. Thanos is technically responsible for everything in Avengers, but you only see him briefly in a post credit sequence. I don't think anyone says his name until Guardians.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I think the idea was building Darkseid up more for future films, like the Marvel ones. Thanos is technically responsible for everything in Avengers, but you only see him briefly in a post credit sequence. I don't think anyone says his name until Guardians.

That's a shame. Especially since Thanos is just a discount bin Darkseid.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Tag yourself

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m meat tomatoes with cheese.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Thank you, Hummus is not just a tag, it's a statement of fact :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I was Normal Doubt, but given the last two months i think I've graduated to Metal Suspicion

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I'm Metal Suspicion.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Heep Sheep all the way.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm usually described as Foul Metal, but since my latest album I've been trending towards Fool Industrial

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Tag yourself

I am Not A Problem

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Safety Factor posted:

Tag yourself

Peas with Tuna is the first one I read, so that's me I guess.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I've been watching Deadwood and in the four or five episodes I've watched I've probably heard the word "cocksucker" more times than I have in every single film and television show I've ever seen combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I've been watching Deadwood and in the four or five episodes I've watched I've probably heard the word "cocksucker" more times than I have in every single film and television show I've ever seen combined.

I love Woo.