Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

AccountSupervisor posted:

Was Hold the Dark any good? I love Saulnier and Im gonna watch Murder Party tonight but Ive heard very mixed things about Hold the Dark.

It's severely okay to disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Surprising no one the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is possibly the most masturbatory Smith film to date

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Oh man the added two minutes or so in the uncut The House That Jack Built is...a lot. Still some incredible needle drops though.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

The Peccadillo posted:

I just went to the Fraser Coast with my pops for the first time since I was a kid, and went fishing from a dinghy near this little round island called Round Island we went to once on a tour twenty years ago, and I googled it to see if I could find a picture of the place and it turns out it's an Important Island

https://m.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/round-island-where-flinders-stepped-ashore/3217558/

I only remembered that we got to dig up pipi clams on the beach to grill up

Also that same tour is still running and costs fifty bucks in 2020 dollars so that must have been a cheap rear end day in the nineties

If you can do a road trip out of the area or are flying out of Brisbane go to Yandina, go to the Ginger Factory to get some kick rear end ginger beer and then go across the road to get some of the best coffee beans in this state

There's also a macadamia nut factory next door that has a big painted macadamia nut with eyes just at its front door, then across from it there was another nut sculpture that said "IT'S NUT TIME" on it and it's also great but not nearly as essential

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Gonz posted:

Big Boss Cat

Boss, get down. The enemy sniper...

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
The new Netflix short Lynch did is worth it entirely for the image of Lynch asking a monkey "are you now or have you ever been a card carrying member of the communist party?"

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

The Peccadillo posted:

Some people seem to have just died protecting my city from fire because their waterbombing plane crashed

Jesus

Stay safe.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

caligulamprey posted:

THE GEM OF THE RAILWAY TRAIN.

(I'm both sad and happy I was not the first one to think of this)

Uncat Gems

Howard wins the Jellicle Ball

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Safety Factor posted:

Color Out of Space :stare:

Hell yeah

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

axelblaze posted:

It's just so low effort and nothing and kind of revels in how low effort and nothing it is. It's also really ugly.

It's also a role where Murray's ever present apathy works against it. Presumably the role was written for him, Jarmusch knows how Murray operates, yet it still manages to feel like he's just bored.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Basebf555 posted:

Just saw Parasite and uhhhh, just give it all the awards already, goddamn. Was it a weak year or does it just seem that way because of how good Parasite was?

There's no way I can watch the Oscars this year because seeing a dumb war movie or even Joker win awards over Parasite will make me ill.

Parasite really is head and shoulders above everything else, but even then the year has been pretty aenemic.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Sir Kodiak posted:

I agree if we're talking Oscar nominees, but Uncut Gems definitely rivals it for me in regards to the year as a whole. Big gap after that, though.

Yeah I should elaborate that I meant the (narrative) Oscar slate, not in general.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Yo what is this sick filth, Marriage Story has the kid and mum playing with a 1998 US Godzilla toy

gently caress you, baumbach

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Possibly, I've not seen any of Thor films, in fact maybe just the first 2 iron man movies, the first captain america and the first avengers.

Really i just watched Ultron because i needed a good cinematic movie on Valentine's day to try out a new soundbar but kinda drawn to watching the rest now

Just watch Ragnarok and ignore everything else imo

I'm making my second pass at Hard To Be A God. I can't think of a movie outside of Polanski's Macbeth that captures grime and squalor so vividly, but the antifacist message is obscured by such an excess of formalism that its unfortunately kinda weak all round. Definitely recommend the English translation of the novel, though.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Y'all the Dune board game is straight up fantastic.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

CPL593H posted:

I can't believe there is someone named Jeff Mangum.

Uhhhh my dude if you haven't opened your heart to NMH and In The Aeroplane Over The Sea you need to go listen to it asap

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Skwirl posted:

Someone on here said they should have made a Crank 3d with 2 iPhones duct taped to a 2 by 4.

ain't no way statham is gonna go for anything less than an array of RED cameras now, though, because it appears he's heavily into ~aesthetic~

https://twitter.com/r_emmet/status/1235330440430587904?s=19

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
oooooohhhhhh bbbbOY I totally forgot about the incest stuff in Godfather Part 3 and what the gently caress, Coppola

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Detective No. 27 posted:

My job is literally to go to a lot of places.

Specifically ones with old people.

Decrease the surplus population

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

gently caress yeah

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Uatu The Lurker posted:

And yet I almost never post. I don't know why. If someone was looking for the simplest reason I suppose it would be that I just have nothing to say, but I don't really think that's it since I'm certainly opinionated and that sure as poo poo seems to be enough reason to post for most people. Somehow it stems from a severe lack of confidence in even the most trivial things. If I open myself up to judgement then . . . something . . . bad? might happen?

This was me for at least the first eightish years of my account so don't worry about it and just pppppost

There's a strong likelihood that I'll be self quarantining over the next few weeks so I'm preparing a nice catalog of shitposts just fyi all

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

CPL593H posted:

I saw a guy clearing out a whole level of a Goldfish Crackers display. Even if the poo poo does hit the fan, why would you need a few dozen bags of Gold Fish Crackers?

I don't know what kind of weird poo poo you put in your combination M&M/Skittle movie snack bowl for texture, but that man is prepared for the apocalypse

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

I Before E posted:

What kind of 50s cookbook nonsense is this

Add a little canned chicken in there and you have a perfectly rounded meal of fruit, protein, nuts (if you use peanut m and ms) and sugars. Stay happy and healthy friends

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Thank corona for something, I've had literally a third of the customers I'll usually get on a Saturday afternoon and petrol is the cheapest it's been in over a year. Everyone's got quarantine fever, baby.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Skwirl posted:

you might run out of other ways to get high when you're stuck in quarantine, and do you really want to live through the apocalypse?

I assume this was meant to end as "live through the apocalypse sober" but it works either way

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Gripweed posted:

I've built up a pretty sizable to-watch stack, and since I'm gonna be hiding from disease for the next week I figure I might as well watch all of them in alphabetical order. I haven't seen any of these movies yet, do I have anything to look forward to?

House - > Paths of Glory - > Annihilation would be a good order to start with

Genesis P-Orridge died :(

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Gripweed posted:

Holy poo poo 1941 is two and a half hours long. How the gently caress you gonna make a two and a half hour long comedy?

Judd Apatow does it well...consistently nicely...ok for the most part...er, Judd Apatow did it too for a while.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

These cats are calming

here is Bowie, who is chaotic neutral bordering on evil

e: never be not yelling is his motto

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Mar 15, 2020

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
CineD GenCat is a fun opportunity to talk about how good your cat is

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

fenix down posted:

Is that a real list of classics? I don't think I've heard of any of those.

Quarantine is a good time to get Oscer Fever and start watching the entirety of On Cinema at the Cinema

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Skwirl posted:

Is the director's cut of Cats gonna be called "La Fin Absolue du Monde"?

Cats or 120 Jellicles of Sodom

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Kenny Rogers died

2020 can gently caress right off

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Skwirl posted:

If that's his main worry in life I think he's developed a pretty good defense against it ever happening.

I will not allow the sexual identity of the great people known as crustpunks to go ignored

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Skwirl posted:

I thought they just didn't shower, I assumed they wiped.

Love your optimism

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Lurdiak posted:

I mean the poo poo Pixar does. An unrelated short film before the feature.

Pre-show or preroll? I'm going to fire up DaVinci Resolve and try and make one for the stream I'm doing for uni mates this week.

E: any ideas for things that'd go well before Mandy, hit me up. I was thinking Michigan J Frog.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Mandy still fuckin slaps

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
isolation nihilism and watching La La Land for the first time in a while made me do something I know I'll regret

https://vimeo.com/402820863

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Mine was Cats. It would have been a free screening of Portrait of a Lady on Fire at the art gallery with a full talk and directors retrospective, but it got cancelled two days before stuff really started popping off.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Segue posted:

Oh my god I finally watched Paddington for the first time after hearing people go on about it. What a charming and magical movie for simpler, pre-Brexit times.

The anti-Brexit campaign should have made everyone watch it. Delightful message of acceptance and caring and the best sign gags I've seen in a movie.

If you want a pick me up from these dark times, do yourself a favour and re-watch it.

Paddington 2 is the anti-Brexit film you crave

Also apparently Cannibal Holocaust is getting a video game sequel this year? That's kinda wild.