Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

My favorite part of Murder Party is that one woman's video art project that is just her sitting in a bathtub while someone dumps hotdogs all over her. It's funny and also really believable, I've seen even dumber video art in real life.

Speaking of video art, I’m back in Chicago and just discovered Sinema Obscura on local late night cable, they show a bunch of local music videos and short films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNGA52me8Qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph6S-Li_ToY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rthp4tC5Kx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW85UTXsRkM

Someone put together a YouTube playlist of a lot of the shorts they’ve shown.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH3YZYXyqMndS8GTavm3GmyLsCvT0-Pa8

it’s p fuckin awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

30 Days of Night

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

31 is reserved for kvlt

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat, I had no idea Spike Lee was basically channeling Baz Lurhmann’s Romeo & Juliet when he made Chiraq, or I would have seen it sooner.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They look nothing alike, but I get the names of Charles Grodin, Josh Groban, and Josh Brolin all loving mixed up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I Am Sam

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Strange Days captures the anxiety of living through the turn of the century very vividly.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I remember ditching school with some friends and going to see The Players Club at the theater. That was pretty fun.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I remember they did a live script reading of Reservoir Dogs in LA with an all black cast and I'm still kicking myself for missing that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't even collect NES/Famicom games and I had to buy this when I saw it at my local shop:

They should make video games out of every Takeshi Kitano film.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Does anyone know if the Uncle Fester doc ever aired or was released on disc? It was supposed to premiere on Czech Television but was cancelled because of the 9/11 attacks, and I can’t find any other info about it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Barnes! What do you think you’re doing? You’re not a firing squad, you piece of poo poo, you piece of poo poo!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, you piece of poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CineD GenChat is a fun opportunity to talk about how good your taste is, you piece of poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gonz posted:

The answer is Freaked (1993).

I went to possibly the last repertory screening of Freaked last night. Alex Winter, Tom Stern, and a bunch of the cast and crew were in attendance, it was awesome. They had slices of the original animation plates for the intro on display (and for sale), and gave out official Freaked styrofoam cups. Now that Fox is dead and Disney owns their catalogue and put a moratorium on repertory screenings, chances of seeing this on the big screen are slim.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gonz posted:

STYROFOAM CUPS......bad for the environment.”

Before the movie started Tom Stern told everyone to drop their cups all in unison when Ricky knocks over the cup in the movie. Also, they had Paul Leary from the Butthole Surfers play his guitar solos in the movie live in front of the screen (it was both a little distracting and too low audibly, but it was fun to see him shred on stage), and they had a “holographic Henry Rollins” play along to the opening which in reality was just a flash animation of Henry jumping around and lip syncing to the intro song. Still all in all it was a hell of an experience and it was dope seeing all these creative people earnestly excited to be a part of it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mortal Kombat: Oscar edition would be pretty fun. I’d totally buy one if I can play as Forrest Gump beating the poo poo out of the cops from Crash.

The taunt button would just be Forrest yelling “Jenny!” over and over again.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CPL593H posted:

That was the dumbest loving controversy ever. The fact that people lost their goddamn minds over a very briefly visible boob on tv goes to show you how hosed up our priorities are and how weird and repressed our culture us about nudity and ,god forbid, sexuality. Kids can see all manner of murders and beatings on tv but a woman's breast will warp their minds!

It’s even more stupid when you see the flesh colored body stocking Britney Spears wore when she did the halftime show.

Old white men are loving evil yo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

One of the angriest moments of my life was finding out this happened less than an hour I had driven past this location on Sunset. Spent the entire time he was out there at Amoeba Records instead of hanging out with Lynch and a cow.

This happened less than a year before I moved to LA. :(

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

Amoeba owns, I bought a bunch of awesome horror movie soundtracks on vinyl last time I was there.

5 or 6 years ago I went to Amoeba and bought the Car Wash soundtrack on vinyl for like 2 bucks.

The last time I went to Amoeba they were selling that same record for 30 dollars.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I want to see a feature length version of this.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I could’ve done without the cheesy sword fight but the rest is a lot of fun and the cast is really solid. They should’ve done another movie about the survivors on the preserve instead of whatever The Predator was supposed to be about.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

banned from Starbucks posted:

He was eating for two

I didn’t know it was also an Alien crossover.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I can easily see 45 yelling “I’ll buy that for a dollar!” during the state of the union.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

For some reason, I got it in my head that in Home Alone, the main gangster, Johnny, was Gene Hackman in heavy makeup and doing a goofy voice. It freaked the hell out of me when that same actor showed up in the Chuck Norris movie Code of Silence.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Taint

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Watching a double feature of Shot Caller and Brawl In Cell Block 99 really shines the light on what a garbage movie Brawl is. The only saving grace was the soundtrack, which really belonged in a better movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Saturnalia posted:

Shot Caller was quite effective at illustrating how the American private prison system is at destroying anyone who enters them psychologically. The brutal racial segregation was portrayed accurately, too - those loving prison gangs.

Yeah, the entire time I was watching Brawl, I was like, where the gently caress is the AB? No way they’d let this guy be his own island, and there were too many scenes where everyone backing off of Vaughn so he can drop sick burns, and the end was the worst kind of white guy wish fulfillment imaginable. It’s like Zahler watched the Counselor and needed to write a story where the white guy got one over on the cartel in the end.

Animal Factory and American Me are two of the rawest prison movies I’ve ever seen, Shot Caller is getting added to that list. Brawl in Cell Block 99 is not.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 2, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Oh, yeah, Meyerowitz Stories is one I've really wanted to catch up on. What's your argument for Addams Family Values?

Wednesday’s summer camp boyfriend.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Romeo must Die, anyone???

I really liked O.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

drat, American Democracy owns

What did it do this time?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Chief Keef got like 6 different baby mamas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8NmvEt_cVA

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

And no one of consequence will be reprimanded. This country is a loving joke.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I heard Trump gave a shout out to the guy who failed to stage an illegal and unpopular coup in Venezuela during his SotU too, which is all kinds of hosed up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Now you know how I felt when I voted for Nader and we got eight years of Bush instead.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I own that movie on DVD, it came in a Tri-Star box set with Fortress and Cyborg 2.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Dead Next Door has a few of those as well, the lead is named Raimi, and there’s two characters named Carpenter and Savini.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If My Bloody Valentines is too obvious, I’d say go with

Cemetery Man (aka Dellamorte Dellamore)
Hello Mary Lou, Prom Night 2
Return of the Living Dead part 3

all three movies deal with love transcending death.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Oh yeah he's probably gonna die in the Russian rehab torture lair his daughter sent him to. lol

2020 continues to deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

teagone posted:

The only thing I know about Lindsey Ellis is she made some tactless comment about Zack Snyder hating his mother around the time it was released to the press that Snyder's daughter had committed suicide.

Gross. Glad I steer away from youtube/twitter personalities.