Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Random thought: Hey Micromancer, you should mint an NFT for your famous photo

Would absolutely buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

I wish Mayhem was always on in Destiny 2, it's the only time the PvP is remotely entertaining. Plus it's fun being a space wizard that electrocutes people and has a lever action rifle

yeehaw chucklefucks

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Capn Beeb posted:

I wish Mayhem was always on in Destiny 2, it's the only time the PvP is remotely entertaining. Plus it's fun being a space wizard that electrocutes people and has a lever action rifle

yeehaw chucklefucks

I'm sitting out this season, playing Modern Warfare and Cold War instead. I needed some variety that involved endlessly unlocking poo poo and customizing guns.

Am I missing much?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Captain Log posted:

I'm sitting out this season, playing Modern Warfare and Cold War instead. I needed some variety that involved endlessly unlocking poo poo and customizing guns.

Am I missing much?

Dunno, I got back in cause everything else was boring me and the lever action sounded fun.

Basically, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbb6jzKo0vs

I wish the exotic trait wasn't just copy/pasted from Hawkmoon, but oh well

Edit:

The battlegrounds thing is cool and fun, I think that's new this season. They're like strikes, but with more loot and tougher enemies and that's nice

Also the rifle pairs well with my warlock's chest piece that causes explosions on kinetic weapon precision kills, and the re-roll attempt got me the Outlaw perk so precision kills make my reloads faster Just need to get the catalyst, cause wow coming from a catalyst-ed Trinity Ghoul to this has decreased how often I barf laser beams at enemies in a big way

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 30, 2021

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

The big Disco Elysium update dropped.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

Dunno, I got back in cause everything else was boring me and the lever action sounded fun.

Basically, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbb6jzKo0vs

I wish the exotic trait wasn't just copy/pasted from Hawkmoon, but oh well

Edit:

The battlegrounds thing is cool and fun, I think that's new this season. They're like strikes, but with more loot and tougher enemies and that's nice

Also the rifle pairs well with my warlock's chest piece that causes explosions on kinetic weapon precision kills, and the re-roll attempt got me the Outlaw perk so precision kills make my reloads faster Just need to get the catalyst, cause wow coming from a catalyst-ed Trinity Ghoul to this has decreased how often I barf laser beams at enemies in a big way

I catalysted my trinity ghoul like two weeks ago and that thing is gross. I just turn trash mooks into orbs for my super endlessly. TBH the super feels like a downgrade from the constant AOE spam from the bow.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

As did a big Cyberpunk 2077 update, a couple days ago.

One of these things is not like the other...

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Random thought: Hey Micromancer, you should mint an NFT for your famous photo

what does this even mean does it get me shares of gamestop

Captain Log posted:

Would absolutely buy.

Do you not already have one? I got some new ones printed for Eve people and have extras

Edit: Im reading about it now

Edit 2: I have no faith I'd be able to harness life changing money from learning more about them and have reached a point where I somewhat understand what they are, but not how to create or sell them. This makes it happening unlikely.

Micromancer fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 31, 2021

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Micromancer posted:

what does this even mean does it get me shares of gamestop

Do you not already have one? I got some new ones printed for Eve people and have extras

Edit: Im reading about it now

Edit 2: I have no faith I'd be able to harness life changing money from learning more about them and have reached a point where I somewhat understand what they are, but not how to create or sell them. This makes it happening unlikely.

This article seems to talk about the tools you can use to do the thing. Full disclosure: I started reading but my eyes glazed over

https://news.bitcoin.com/want-to-mint-and-sell-an-nft-these-tools-can-give-anyone-the-skills-to-issue-nft-assets/

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

My understanding is a NFT is basically just a way of saying "I own this digital asset" and that being verifiable.

So Micromancer could take a version of the famous picture, turn it into an NFT, and that is the "One true micromancer pic". Anyone else can still have a copy, but there is only one NFT version.

It seems dumb and someone should make a Goatse NFT.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Akion posted:

My understanding is a NFT is basically just a way of saying "I own this digital asset" and that being verifiable.

So Micromancer could take a version of the famous picture, turn it into an NFT, and that is the "One true micromancer pic". Anyone else can still have a copy, but there is only one NFT version.

It seems dumb and someone should make a Goatse NFT.

Yeah pretty much. Its proof of ownership of a digital asset.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

It's the cryptomoron version of naming a star.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Akion posted:

Except it turns out they're not really even verifiable. You're buying a glorified URL with no guarantee of continued functionality or even that the thing you 'own' was sold with the original creator's consent.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

b-b-b-but... blockchain!

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BRB selling the Micromancer and Goatse NFT's.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

I bid 1 USD, final offer

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Akion posted:

The internet's own Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Micromancer posted:

Hell, I'm not really tuned into Eve community things. I didn't know the coins existed!

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Is that retroactive? I bought the base game a while ago, haven't played it yet, but do I get the fully voiced update for free or sup?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I catalysted my trinity ghoul like two weeks ago and that thing is gross. I just turn trash mooks into orbs for my super endlessly. TBH the super feels like a downgrade from the constant AOE spam from the bow.

Kinda, yeah Uh oh my arrow is electrified and I know there's a space rhino hiding behind that rock, would be a shame if something were to... happen.

I've nearly got the catalyst for the seasonal bow too

I love bow

Bring Trust back tho gently caress sunsetting, all my homies hate sunsetting

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 31, 2021

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Is that retroactive? I bought the base game a while ago, haven't played it yet, but do I get the fully voiced update for free or sup?

It's free for everyone that owns it.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It's free for everyone that owns it.

Nice, eventually I get around to it then

Gewehr 43
Aug 25, 2003

I picked up Disco Elysium on sale like a week after the world went into lockdown last year. It was just a little too dystopian and depressing for me to handle right then. I should probably pick it up and try it again.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Gewehr 43 posted:

I picked up Disco Elysium on sale like a week after the world went into lockdown last year. It was just a little too dystopian and depressing for me to handle right then. I should probably pick it up and try it again.

It is insightful, funny, and never so wordy that you get derailed from whatever you want to focus on. I loved that the game was more than happy to let me decide how much I wanted to roll around in it. I spent too much money in the game buying books and reading them for the internal monologues.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Akion posted:

I'm staking my retirement on Tubgirl.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gave Gambit in Destiny 2 a spin for that simple "play 3 rounds, get a pinnacle item" thing

holy gently caress they made it worse

Drifter bud why are you trapped in this hellish mode, you deserve to be yeehawing it up on the moon with Eris

yeenaw

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 1, 2021

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

The very end should have been a stinger showing some hilarious post-patch bug or something

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Somebody Awful posted:

Except it turns out they're not really even verifiable. You're buying a glorified URL with no guarantee of continued functionality or even that the thing you 'own' was sold with the original creator's consent.

And apparently now they've started disappearing too.

In other news, another major No Man's Sky update dropped yesterday:
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1377244576923201540

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

And apparently now they've started disappearing too.

In other news, another major No Man's Sky update dropped yesterday:
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1377244576923201540

Wasn't it like half the size of the game's install, too? I'm glad they're still updating, most other companies would have cut and run with the money immediately after the backlash.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

I might actually buy it sometime since I've actually started going through my backlog and it looks like a chill podcast game. Flip it on, listen to some poo poo and collect space mushrooms.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

I was pleasantly surprised by the crafting changes in Cyberpunk, I thought they were going to completely nerf it but they actually made components easier to come by and cheaper from vendors, so when I was building all my endgame gear at level 50 I didn't have to build a couple hundred mods and disassemble them to get the rare and epic components I needed. It also seems that they made crafted items (At least Johnny's set of clothes) always have their maximum potential mod slots which is huge given that before this patch each on would cost about 75k in components to build if you just bought them straight from the vendor.

Now I just need to scour that novel and find out if they made the level 20 pistol tree perk work, because apparently previously it didn't, and an extra 30% armor and damage when you get a critical on an enemy is pretty massive given that I get crits with about 80% of the shots I take and I'm trying for the secret ending that sets all enemies at level 50.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

I do wish they'd go back with No Man's Sky and tidy up some of the jankiness from its post-release feature adds. Like there's 2 or 3 base building and unlock systems in parallel that don't entirely play nice together. Also a few different layers of tutorial/story that seem to operate at different paces of each other. It feels like it needs a good effort put into unifying all the content instead of being this weird Groverhaus that had additions from 3 different contractors slapped on.

Also, Horizon Zero Dawn for PC is on sale over at Steam for $30 this weekend.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I haven't touched NMS in about two years. There have been three overhaul updates since the last time... I need to check it out again!

edit: "Free PS5 upgrade", well alright then.

5er fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 1, 2021

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

There is a "next gen" version of the Witcher 3 coming out soon that is supposed to have a bunch of improvements for next gen and higher end hardware. Free for people that already own it on PC, PS4 and Xbawks whatever

Hell the base game maxes out my 2060 Super at 78-80fps in 3440x1440 all ultra which is well below the 144hz my monitor will do, wonder how much of a performance hit will come with the updated version.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Just remembered this sort of re: micromancer's famous photo.

I read years ago that the guy who drew the "troll face" drawing retained some legal place that hits up anyone selling a product with it for a license fee. I was shocked that (according to the story) apparently not only does that work but he actually made a LOT of money by doing so. Obviously very dependant on people launching products with it, but there was a functioning mechanism to extract money from whoever did it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I am loving the hell out of this 'next gen version free to people that have prior-gen version' moment we're in (especially if it lets you earn a new set of trophies/achievements). I am going to be sad when this moment passes.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

It's mostly for indy games or games that tanked very loving hard and are trying to make up their reputation. I'm genuinely shocked whenever a big name does something nice.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It's mostly for indy games or games that tanked very loving hard and are trying to make up their reputation. I'm genuinely shocked whenever a big name does something nice.

Just about every title, AAA or otherwise that got a PS5 upgrade has given it for free to someone that already owned a PS4 version that I've seen so far.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

The Eyes Have It posted:

Just remembered this sort of re: micromancer's famous photo.

I read years ago that the guy who drew the "troll face" drawing retained some legal place that hits up anyone selling a product with it for a license fee. I was shocked that (according to the story) apparently not only does that work but he actually made a LOT of money by doing so. Obviously very dependant on people launching products with it, but there was a functioning mechanism to extract money from whoever did it.

Micromancer.jpg belongs to the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Shima Honnou posted:

Micromancer.jpg belongs to the world.
This week Epic Games Store will be giving away Tales of the Neonsea: A 16-bit style cyberpunk investigation adventure game?
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/tales-of-the-neon-sea
I vaguely recall looking at this at some point but anyhow it's free through 4/8/2021 at 8AM in some timezone.

Next week Epic Games Store will be giving away 3 Out of 10: Season 2
A comedy adventure game w/ mini games?... about developers making bad games.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/3-out-of-10-season-2
... Which they already give it away for free (Season 1). I guess they're using the slot to promote the reason of Season 2.
It says Free 4/5/2021 through 4/15/2021 though I think it's free even after that so