Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Captain Log posted:

Hell, I'm not really tuned into Eve community things. I didn't know the coins existed!

nono I got more 8x10s made because I gave out the last of my stash in Vegas in 2019. Then I mailed a few of those out to people that missed out and so theres still some in my drawer for Vegas this year. If you want one mailed to you, shoot me a PM with where to send it or look for me on Discord as Micromancer#5398

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm trying for the secret ending that sets all enemies at level 50.

This morning, I ran a level 50 Run n Gun build through all 5 endings using the assault rifle you get from 6th street in a pistol contest. Bonus headshot damage on a smart gun is just dumb. Speaking of, you know how everyone thought the Tygers tattoo made it so you couldnt hit Tygers? Well, that shits built into THEIR tattoos not yours, and so if you want to mitigate damage from people using smart guns then you do it by wearing the tattoo so they loving miss YOU the same way you miss them. Tattoo and a Power SMG is easy mode for a lot of street trash. Ashura for 400k headshots and then Divided We Stand for most business damage with Fenrir as the 3rd slot alternative when smart guns arent good.

The secret ending is easy, with this loadout.

Stats

Annihilation

Assault

Engineering

Cold Blood

Stealth

Loadout

Cyberware

Shima Honnou posted:

Micromancer.jpg belongs to the world.

I definitely said it was public domain years ago. It does actually infact belong to the world.

Micromancer fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Micromancer posted:

nono I got more 8x10s made because I gave out the last of my stash in Vegas in 2019. Then I mailed a few of those out to people that missed out and so theres still some in my drawer for Vegas this year. If you want one mailed to you, shoot me a PM with where to send it or look for me on Discord as Micromancer#5398

Only if you put a return address on there. I don't think I've ever Domo'd you.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I definitely advise disco elysium if you can put up with how text-heavy it is. It's the modern planescape: torment folks have been asking for since planescape: torment. It's also charming in that ridiculous approaches can, with the right stats and rolls, work out really well. I played through it as a guy who lives in a dumpster by choice and punches all problems. My wife made finger-guns gestures and witty quips. Both of these approaches can and did work.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

Micromancer posted:

This morning, I ran a level 50 Run n Gun build through all 5 endings using the assault rifle you get from 6th street in a pistol contest. Bonus headshot damage on a smart gun is just dumb. Speaking of, you know how everyone thought the Tygers tattoo made it so you couldnt hit Tygers? Well, that shits built into THEIR tattoos not yours, and so if you want to mitigate damage from people using smart guns then you do it by wearing the tattoo so they loving miss YOU the same way you miss them. Tattoo and a Power SMG is easy mode for a lot of street trash. Ashura for 400k headshots and then Divided We Stand for most business damage with Fenrir as the 3rd slot alternative when smart guns arent good.

My build definitely wasn't as good, since it was my first playthrough and at first I was throwing points around until I figured out what I wanted to do for a build. I only had 17 body for one thing, really could have used 20 for the orange +health cyberware. But between the Comrade's Hammer one-shotting anything and even taking out 2-3 enemies if they stand too close due to the exploding bullets and Archangel revolver magdumps and occasional Skippy hosing it went pretty well. I did end up needing the second heart cyberware once, I went from full health to zero before I even saw an enemy that spawned in, I'm guessing it was the one with the heavy machine gun and he landed a headshot or something. Them cutting your max health as you went on was a real dick move as well, by the end of it I had like 475 health against enemies that would do 200 a pop through my 4400 armor. I'm glad I had the "immune to your own grenades" perk and immunity to shock, poison, and bleeding, because I was chucking grenades all over the place and I definitely noticed some status effects going off.

The final boss never even touched me, the pacing and framing of the scene leading up to his appearance made me think it was going to happen so I was ready.

The ending is very bittersweet, but I'm guessing it's the canon ending given how it leaves you on a cliffhanger. I hope that if in the DLC they eventually give V a chance to survive permanently you get the option to say "gently caress Night City" and go to live out your days in relative peace.

Next up is a melee-focused run, there's a way to move at superspeed that still exists even after 1.2 so I'm going to be a bunnyhopping ninja rear end in a top hat with the +500% crit damage katana.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Captain Log posted:

Only if you put a return address on there. I don't think I've ever Domo'd you.

my address and phone number are also public knowledge, its stupid easy to find both why wouldn't I put a return address :p

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Next up is a melee-focused run, there's a way to move at superspeed that still exists even after 1.2 so I'm going to be a bunnyhopping ninja rear end in a top hat with the +500% crit damage katana.

Kinda mad about losing Katana Flying with this update. I had only just heard about it and barely got to use it.

at some point if you want to feel literally invincible, do a 20 int Netrunner build. Every time you enter a place with hostiles you can crouch behind something and murder everything without having to move. You can do it before you enter combat, and kill things fast enough to leave bodies where they drop and still get "dont spook anyone" objective credits.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Micromancer posted:

at some point if you want to feel literally invincible, do a 20 int Netrunner build. Every time you enter a place with hostiles you can crouch behind something and murder everything without having to move. You can do it before you enter combat, and kill things fast enough to leave bodies where they drop and still get "dont spook anyone" objective credits.

Oh my god, you're actually going *in* like a plebe? Dear boy, let me introduce you to Legendary Ping and hacking through walls.

Especially cameras.

Once you get into the surveillance system, you can delete everyone inside, either via direct view through the camera, or pinging and quickhacking through the walls from there.

(Until the game glitches and enemies start doing the moves but don't actually take any damage. )

You can park on a nearby rooftop, safe from prying eyes panicking citizens and aggro cops, and just gently caress with people in total safety.

Which gets boring. Thus hacking someone from a distance to upload cybereye failure daemon, ping to find everyone, fire off the active blinding hack, and run in with a shotgun/katana or whatever.

(All experience has been pre-latest patch. Your dystopian future may vary.)

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

There are some enemies that are specifically immune to hacking for reasons, though. I feel like the ideal way to handle that is to have the legendary Short Circuit quickhack that makes any headshot do the DOT part of short circuit and then use Skippy, which if you set up right will land like 80% headshots through smart targeting.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

I mean if I lived in a hosed up world like Cyberpunk, where peoples pants just disappear and cops can teleport and hackers can hack from 500 feet away, I would also get the anti-hack upgrade (or just keep my body pure while everyone around laughs and points their robo-fingers at me)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

22 Eargesplitten posted:

There are some enemies that are specifically immune to hacking for reasons, though. I feel like the ideal way to handle that is to have the legendary Short Circuit quickhack that makes any headshot do the DOT part of short circuit and then use Skippy, which if you set up right will land like 80% headshots through smart targeting.

Yup, and that's when you stay techno, ping them to spot, and Burya them through the wall. If I *wanted* to get out of the car to kill people, I may as well have taken the subway.

It's the rando gangers loitering around after killing a bunch of people (or actively still murdering) that flip to godmode that I'm looking at - one job, to infiltrate an apartment building and whack some hit'n'run corpo that got off scot-free, there were four Sixth Street assholes across the street. Staying on the roof, I cast Contagion!

They yell and dance around puking, no health damage. Same for burn and shock. I even tried Magic Missile Tech Sniper Rifle. Nothin'. Had to go back two saves to get them killable, and by then I was pissed enough I just charged in with Fingers' cane and beat the poo poo out of everyone.

Whenever I do another run (still haven't finished the original one from launch - wossname is still down there at the waterfront waiting for me), I'm gonna make Corpo the Barbarian - all-unarmed no-hacking beef monster.

But seeing as how I've just gotten back into Battletech (via the Roguetech modpack), that might be a while...

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I knew you guys were going to eventually figure out the godlike fun of maxed Int and Legendary Ping.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

I really appreciate Disco Elysium. It's one of the first RPGs I've played multiple times in a long time, and I think that has something to do with how it compares to something like say, Pillars.

Pillars of Eternity isn't a bad game, but there's a lot of elements that take time to settle. And it suffers from Baldur's Gate 2 syndrome, where there's a fair chunk at the start that's on the rails. And you are still getting introduced to more stuff all the way up until the Keep.

Disco leads you out to the street by the nose and says, "gently caress around". The tutorial section, if you could call it that, is about twenty minutes.

I quite like that. And while it is text-heavy, it isn't overly wrought. It varies. Sometimes its long. Often it can be short and punchy. And the voice acting, even before it was more fully fleshed out, was incredible.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Is there a sniper rifle that can take a supressor? I just want to shoot things from the roof tops.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Micromancer posted:

Is there a sniper rifle that can take a supressor? I just want to shoot things from the roof tops.

Don't believe so. Ashura is smart, so no can. Nekokata or whatever is tech, so no can (but will penetrate walls). The bigass anti-material cannon is...big, no can, but will apparently punch through walls as well. (Never really tried it.)

Went to Jackie's funeral right after the heist, and the whole area is skull-level. After getting mauled a few times, I superjumped up onto the fire escape across the alley, went rooftop as was plonking everyone through the walls because if you popped your head out for a visual you got ganked.

Ended up running out of ammo, and had to wait for everyone to calm down so I could craft more.

Throw a good scope and can on a power AR, quick-tap the fire button for DMR action, though. There's also the power Precision rifle, but those seem to be rare, and mine is way underleveled.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Ygolonac posted:

The bigass anti-material cannon is...big, no can, but will apparently punch through walls as well. (Never really tried it.)

It does. Apparently it goes through everything forever, not sure if they changed that with the patch or not though.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Micromancer posted:

Yeah, there is an iconic Grad given out as a quest reward by Panam. 4x mod slots and a built in suppressor.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

5er posted:

I knew you guys were going to eventually figure out the godlike fun of maxed Int and Legendary Ping.

I don't know, doing nothing but hacking just seems boring.

Also, Ygolonac, you should find the Comrade's Hammer blueprint, it's at some assault in progress I think, I forget what part of town, but it's a single-shot Burya with exploding bullets and ridiculously high damage. Each shot took off about 25% of the final boss's health. Granted, you then have to wait a second and a half or so to reload, but still.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Favorite method of killing final boss: Purple Frag Grenades. takes him down to 25% after he gets done with introduction cinematic, then I run after him and Divided We Stand him into a puddle. Fight takes almost two minutes.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Somebody Awful posted:

Except it turns out they're not really even verifiable. You're buying a glorified URL with no guarantee of continued functionality or even that the thing you 'own' was sold with the original creator's consent.

Yeah its a cert saying "I own this imgur.com link with a jpeg at the end!" And then once you buy it, like the sucker you are, the chad conman who sold it to you deletes the picture.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

Outriders is fun as hell even though Iím not sure if i would call it good. I thought i would poke at it for a bit and then played five hours today.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

Cyberpunk: The ability that gives you +200% / +300% damage on defensive blade attacks is glitched, it instead does it for all strong attacks. I'm insta-killing everything with the basic Black Unicorn iconic sword. I also coincidentally came across the orange subdermal armor at one of the ripperdocs, +200 armor and +40% health at the beginning of the game.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

IIRC every 40 armor mitigates 1 damage. Its nice, but not that great even at lower levels.

Edit: Where is the 40% health coming from? I dont see it as a stat on the armor

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Not sure if anyone is a current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber but apparently you can convert a 12 month EA Play subscription card ($30) into 4 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (normally $60):
https://slickdeals.net/f/14933222-existing-members-4-months-of-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-membership-30-or-less

Seems like a good deal if you're already paying for that monthly. Can be stacked on current subscriptions.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 5, 2021

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Memento posted:

Broke my Logitech headset (G432) yesterday, pretty bummed out because I contacted the retailer and they said it was only a one year warranty, and I bought it in September 2019. I checked around the internet to see if this is something other people have had, the left hand earpiece has just busted off right where it connects to the headband. I found out that the manufacturer offers a two year warranty, and after contacting them they've told me they're happy to replace the whole item, and asked me to snitch on the retailer who told me it was out of warranty. More than happy to.

Update on this: Logitech don't have stock of the G432 right now, so they're upgrading me to the G433 for free. Keep giving me reasons to continue to support your brand why don't you.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

Micromancer posted:

IIRC every 40 armor mitigates 1 damage. Its nice, but not that great even at lower levels.

Edit: Where is the 40% health coming from? I dont see it as a stat on the armor

Whoops, I meant I also got the 40% health skeleton thing, which is easy to get early on.

And yeah, 40 armor only mitigates one damage, but early on it seems like most of the guys with SMGs and ARs do like 10-20 damage per shot so early game 200 armor cuts the damage by 25-50%. Definitely a hell of a lot better than the 15-20 armor you get from an Armadillo at low levels.

I'm worried about being too MAD on this build, I need body for health and athletics, reflex for blades, cold blood is apparently super good, and then I need 18 tech if I'm going to craft the legendary equipment.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

It feels like Athletics is still absurdly slow to level even after the patches.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

I kind of want to set up ahk to just hold a button to spam left-click with a knife or something to level up athletics.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Any of y'all try Outriders? I want to hope it recovers from the rough launch.

Also Days Gone is on PC this month

https://gamerant.com/days-gone-pc-features/

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

Any of y'all try Outriders? I want to hope it recovers from the rough launch.

Also Days Gone is on PC this month

https://gamerant.com/days-gone-pc-features/

Outriders is a ton of fun, itís the kind of game where if it looks like your jam it probably is.

Cant wait for Days Gone on PC. The game was a lot of fun but I never got too far in it because I switched to mostly PC gaming not long after it came out.

E:not seeing anything about it coming out this month though.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Outriders is a ton of fun, itís the kind of game where if it looks like your jam it probably is.

Cant wait for Days Gone on PC. The game was a lot of fun but I never got too far in it because I switched to mostly PC gaming not long after it came out.

E:not seeing anything about it coming out this month though.

Yeah, the beta was real fun when it wasn't crashing. Which, in my case, happened when I opened the inventory so I crashed a lot

Also this article lists it as out on April 26:

https://gamingbolt.com/days-gone-pc-will-feature-ultrawide-support-unlocked-frame-rates-and-more

The Steam store page did as well for a while, but now it's gone back to Spring 2021, weird

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, the beta was real fun when it wasn't crashing. Which, in my case, happened when I opened the inventory so I crashed a lot

Also this article lists it as out on April 26:

https://gamingbolt.com/days-gone-pc-will-feature-ultrawide-support-unlocked-frame-rates-and-more

The Steam store page did as well for a while, but now it's gone back to Spring 2021, weird

The Steam page has always shown the release date as April 26th... 2019. They did the original PS4 release. I havenít seen anything official showing it as coming out 4/26/21 yet. Which is annoying because I want it out soon. I have plenty of other stuff to play, but still.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Whoops, I meant I also got the 40% health skeleton thing, which is easy to get early on.

And yeah, 40 armor only mitigates one damage, but early on it seems like most of the guys with SMGs and ARs do like 10-20 damage per shot so early game 200 armor cuts the damage by 25-50%. Definitely a hell of a lot better than the 15-20 armor you get from an Armadillo at low levels.

I'm worried about being too MAD on this build, I need body for health and athletics, reflex for blades, cold blood is apparently super good, and then I need 18 tech if I'm going to craft the legendary equipment.

My current build only has 12 Cool and I can confirm that poo poo is broken as hell. Put points in everything that gives you stacks, and then also put points in 5% resists per stack. 4 star police runs until I lose stacks doing single digit damage to me until then. As far as Armadillo goes, grab a set of legendary clothes with max slots at level 2. 1 Armadillo for 20ac isnt that great. 14 of them however does the same thing as the subdermal. I dont have any experience playing on lower than very hard, my first run was hard but I went murdermage netrunner for it so no idea what armor was even doing.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Outriders was almost totally unavailable to me through most of Saturday, but it was stable enough in the evening and Sunday onward. Spent most of the day playing it with my boys.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It feels like Athletics is still absurdly slow to level even after the patches.

Did they patch the Sandistevan-activate-while-sliding-open-menu-and-wait method? It'll only max you out to whatever your BOD stats is, but when I did it, it worked just fine.

Of course, I was also running/jumping everywhere, punching walls, smashing stuff with a sword or blunt item, and so forth. (Smash all the garbage bags, sometimes you'll find loot hiding underneath!)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1227700/Arma_3_Creator_DLC_SOG_Prairie_Fire/

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That might actually make me install ARMA 3 again.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Might pick it up, I feel most of my A3 group would buy it either way.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

How is Arma 3? I played the hell out of Arma 2 but somehow missed 3. Does it feel dated at this point, 7 years on?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Not as dated as you'd think for the age but you can tell that there's some fatigue going on as most of the notable (to me) mission types are no longer really developed, like Antistasi, Liberation, Overthrow, etc seem to have stalled out. There is a new one, Direct Action, which seems neat but I've not tried it yet.

Fake E: looks like Antistasi booted back up

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Is CP2077 unfucked enough to merit buying or should I keep waiting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

ZebraBlade posted:

Is CP2077 unfucked enough to merit buying or should I keep waiting?

Looks like it's decent enough now from what I know from goons and friends. I might bite soon but I don't know how good/bad it'll run on my ancient PC (i7 2600k, 16Gb DDR3 and a 1080Ti) but sure it will do better than my PS4 slim.